1. #1

    Chaos Bolt Double dipped by resilience?

    Anyone else noticed how low chaos bolts are on players? Or is it just me?
    Im doing 40k crits on 300k players.

    Is there a bug currently or am I going crazy?

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Shibuya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Osaka
    Posts
    429
    You are going crazy.

    I just crit someone for 290k

  3. #3
    Maybe your target has a buff that reduces dmg?

  4. #4
    Don't think so. Could you please link me your armory @Shibuya?
    Also, could I really blame my gear?

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A9/advanced

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Maybe your target has a buff that reduces dmg?
    and/or absorption effects

  6. #6
    Your gear is quite bad, especially for pvp. No gems/chants and no PvP weapon.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tournique View Post
    Don't think so. Could you please link me your armory @Shibuya?
    Also, could I really blame my gear?

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A9/advanced
    Sorry but I just have to ask, are you allergic to gems?

    Pvp power is realy low btw.
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

  8. #8
    Nope, just picked up this warlock again, didnt even bother gemming/enchanting before gearing :P

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk nalle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,817
    Your pvp power is very low, meaning your damage against other players in pvp gear is lessened by quite a bit.

    Reasons are the gear you have, not gemming and enchanting.

    Fix those and you'll start seeing your desired big crits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Thank god you posted that pic done by Da Vinci The vitruvian man because to be honest I had NOOOO Idea what a Human body looked liked therefor had NO idea what you were refering too. With that said the sylvari are made of lettuce. If I twist up some cabage leaves too look like a human, it doesnt make it monohuman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That picture has four arms and four legs. It's not a human, so it's clearly a spider.

  10. #10
    Dude please...don´t use BG´s experience to start a discussion.

    Their is so much shit going on in a BG that it is neither balanced or a good way to determine if a spell is bugged or not.

    With the recent to warlocks Soul leach a warlock is capable of getting a huge absorb if he manages to avoid being attacked which is possible in a BG, you would hardly notice his buff since their are so many. Or maybe it was a druid who just used a cooldown on himself or on your target or maybe it was a disc priest healing or a paladin spreading his aborp effect around.

    Their is ton of shit that you won´t notice from distance which will reduce your dmg, especially in a BG.

  11. #11
    who said anything about bgs? im talking about straight on dmg. but dude please, its my gear!

  12. #12
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,695
    On a geared player, a normal chaosbolt crits for about 80k, if you are geared yourself of course. It's really a matter of gear since chaosbolt scales with spellpower, crit, mastery and PvP power.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    On a geared player, a normal chaosbolt crits for about 80k, if you are geared yourself of course. It's really a matter of gear since chaosbolt scales with spellpower, crit, mastery and PvP power.
    Not sure about Mastery,and crit gives little dmg to Chaos Bolt too. Granted that a pvp gemmed player can get ~67-69% dmg reduction and you only have 13% pvp power, your Chaos Bolt does 55% less dmg on him than normal (plus your low gear). 300k on full hp?I think you are lying
    Its pretty rare for me to get more than 250k crit on CB at pretty undergeared ppl, dunno about others (not that i keep tracking my top hits tho).Against a full PvP geared target, i think ~170k is my top dmg.But new honor malevolent geargives more PvP resil over the old upgraded ones, so dmg will drop i guess more.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...helie/advanced

  14. #14
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,695
    Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    Not sure about Mastery,and crit gives little dmg to Chaos Bolt too. Granted that a pvp gemmed player can get ~67-69% dmg reduction and you only have 13% pvp power, your Chaos Bolt does 55% less dmg on him than normal (plus your low gear). 300k on full hp?I think you are lying
    Its pretty rare for me to get more than 250k crit on CB at pretty undergeared ppl, dunno about others (not that i keep tracking my top hits tho).Against a full PvP geared target, i think ~170k is my top dmg.But new honor malevolent geargives more PvP resil over the old upgraded ones, so dmg will drop i guess more.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...helie/advanced
    Chaosbolt scales very good with mastery. It's that good as destruction you should be reforging everything to mastery once you've got the spell hitcap (4%).
    And while the scaling with crit is less, as you get better gear, you get more mastery, more crit, more PvP power, more spell power and chaosbolt scales with all. Because of that, chaosbolt is one of the most gear dependent abilities in game.

    Also, your damage calculation is wrong. PvP power and resilience are not additive but multiplicative. In other words, you use *, not +.
    On a target with 67% resilience, having only 13% PvP power, you do is equal to 100% base damage * 1.13 * (1-0.67) = 37.29% damage.

  15. #15
    i have known days ago,twice resi for cb existed really,the same as soulf.
    [base * (relsi+ critic%)]ire.For they are affcted by critic.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 12:03 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tournique View Post
    Anyone else noticed how low chaos bolts are on players? Or is it just me?
    Im doing 40k crits on 300k players.

    Is there a bug currently or am I going crazy?
    i have known days ago,twice resi for cb existed really,the same as soulf.
    [base * (relsi+ critic%)]ire.For they are affcted by critic.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Chaosbolt scales very good with mastery. It's that good as destruction you should be reforging everything to mastery once you've got the spell hitcap (4%).
    And while the scaling with crit is less, as you get better gear, you get more mastery, more crit, more PvP power, more spell power and chaosbolt scales with all. Because of that, chaosbolt is one of the most gear dependent abilities in game.

    Also, your damage calculation is wrong. PvP power and resilience are not additive but multiplicative. In other words, you use *, not +.


    On a target with 67% resilience, having only 13% PvP power, you do is equal to 100% base damage * 1.13 * (1-0.67) = 37.29% damage.

    I messed up what i wanted to say sorry. I meant not sure about mastery, but crit gives low dmg on Chaos Bolt. (i forge to mastery if you check my armory).For sure i know that that mastery benefits chaos bolt more than crit, not any numbers to prove it tho (personal testing).

    Also thanks for the resil info, didnt know about it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •