Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello

Registered to share my experience with these chests. I've been hunting them on 6 chars.

1st char: Looted 1st chest and found a fortuitous coffer, but no key or ritual stone. Looted 2nd chest a few minutes later and found a key. Seen no chests since then. (Wednesday)
    2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th char: Got key from 1st chest. Seen none since.
    6th char: Same as 1st only this was today.

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    Looted 3 chests today on my paladin
    One time I looted 3 chests in the same minute and in the third chest was Ra-den and Ra-den had a baby and the baby looked at me.
    Last edited by beingmused; 2013-03-08 at 05:34 PM.

Had 2 Chests on Day 1 on my main, and one on my twink. I´ll agree with the one-chest-per-week-theory which might have been buggy on the first day.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2013-03-08 at 05:15 PM.

I had one spawn in front of me 5 mins in to the island. Have not seen once since. Still though thats not much to go on. I could have had insane luck and now its just back to normal.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Deleted
    Main had one chest with key on the first day, farmed a heap of rares for green fire - no keys from them.
    1st alt found a chest right off the bat, no key - quickly got a key from rares.
    2nd alt found a chest pretty quickly, no key - quickly got a key from rares.

Fairly confident you can find one chest per week before they all phase and the drop chance on keys drops significantly (or completely) after the first one you loot.

I rather like the system, gives me a motivation to do the dailies on alts at least one day a week so that I can have fun in the treasure scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I rather like the system, gives me a motivation to do the dailies on alts at least one day a week so that I can have fun in the treasure scenario.
    I agree.
    Considering that you pretty much get one guaranteed key per week, this gives me a good opportunity to practice the scenario with twinks before entering it with my main every week.
    Unfortunately, I've read about this not before day 2, so I first did it with my main this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    on day one i looted 2 stones and 1 key, and got another key and another stone in the reward from jaina after doing the dailies, but i have not received anymore of either since. and this was all on one toon, i guess it was hotfixed to only being able to loot 1 key, and 1 stone a week as well as seeing and looting one trove per week, but it does say that you can loot a stone and still get another one from the chest from dailies, or from the trove
    Last edited by jd812; 2013-03-11 at 11:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    on day one i looted 2 stones and 1 key, and got another key and another stone in the reward from jaina after doing the dailies, but i have not received anymore of either since. and this was all on one toon, i guess it was hotfixed to only being able to loot 1 key, and 1 stone a week as well as seeing and looting one trove per week, but it does say that you can loot a stone and still get another one from the chest from dailies, or from the trove
    The key is def 1 per week. The stones seem to have a high chance of getting one out of the trove, pretty much a 100% chance of one off a rare at a limit of 1 per week and a rare chance at one out of the daily chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I'm glad someone tested this. I too haven't seen any chests after the first that I looted - and the first chest was in an area right next to a quest mob, I have a hard time believing I'm just that lucky to be the first person to see that chest.
    I looted a chest right in front of a priest who was definately not afk(was talking in /1) on an alt, and on my main I looted one at the arcane mage saurok daily quest mob, and as you say, it seems unlikely that nobody else noticed it.

I've looted 1 key on both alt and main, 1 chest on each and probably about 50 rares total this week.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2013-03-11 at 11:50 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU