Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did they finish all the construction? I saw that it was going to happen in 5.2 but I haven't been back to Org yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Did they finish all the construction? I saw that it was going to happen in 5.2 but I haven't been back to Org yet.
    Nothing has changed, but considering that 5.3 is supposed to lead us into The Siege of Orgrimmar I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that it'll happen in 5.3.

Since 5.2, I've been hearing a different music in orgrimmar, when I go to the cleft of shadow. The music is similar to the twilight's hammer theme. Wicked hum?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Nothing has changed, but considering that 5.3 is supposed to lead us into The Siege of Orgrimmar I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that it'll happen in 5.3.
    The construction on the front gate and the arena is finished

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the Front gate and Arena are finished, nothing esle changed though.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    The construction on the front gate and the arena is finished
    Well damn, I haven't been through Orgrimmar enough this patch then.

The "Hero" label is something they use very often in music file names, I have no idea what it's supposed to label it as. It could be seen as Garrosh's self-interpretation too, since he clearly doesn't lack any confidence anymore.
    As far as I can tell, there are a few tracks of each song in the game files. The songs with "Hero" in the name seem to be the ones with the vocal chanting and such, while the others are variations of the song done instrumentally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Noticed this, too. I know Stormwind had some of the Operation Shieldwall in 5.1, but I didn't notice any Dominance Offensive stuff in Orgrimmar until this patch; I absolutely love the Dominance Offensive music, it makes me want to bash Alliance skulls. I also noticed some of the subtle Twilight's Hammer music from Cataclysm is now playing in the Cleft of Shadow, which is also awesome.

Regarding the in-game tracks, the ones with "hero" in the title tend to be the more more dramatic, sweeping versions of the songs, and they're the versions that play when you first enter an area. After that, it will fade in and out with more subdued variations of the track. There are also often different versions of the tracks for night and day.

It's also worth noting that the soundtracks feature full arrangements of the music, instead of the various incomplete bits and pieces and alternate versions used by the game's music engine to keep the it sounding dynamic and non repetitive.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-03-08 at 08:44 AM.