Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do I do once I remove the GPU?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    plug your screen into your motherboards I/O panel (in the back) restart the machine.
    Well yea, but the BSOD doesn't always happen, it's just random.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 01:12 PM ----------

http://imgur.com/FAzpxWr.jpg

Got this when it was installing driver for onboard video.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 01:15 PM ----------

Now I'm not getting any display when it boots into windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunga View Post
    Wish I had extra ram laying around. I'm pretty sure it's the hard drive though

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 08:18 PM ----------

http://imgur.com/J8WE89r.jpg

Memtest seems good. Checking disk now

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 09:31 PM ----------

chkdsk returned with no errors, any other ideas?
    0x050 is just this -> 0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency add DDR3 voltage or add QPI/VTT

Make sure you set your timings manually or load an xmp profile out. Seeing the screenshot your BCLK is around 100,05MHz this just has to be locked at 100,00MHz and nothing more or less.

Do you still get that driver_irq stuff? That was sounding more like a HDD prob. Chkdisk isn't good enough just try this tool -> http://www.hdtune.com/

Just post a screenshot of your smart scan and just do a block scan extended test prefered and yes it takes a while. Also you were using 3GB pagefiling which is just running from the HDD off and possibly this can cause a bsod.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 07:59 PM ----------

Well yea, but the BSOD doesn't always happen, it's just random.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 01:12 PM ----------

http://imgur.com/FAzpxWr.jpg

Got this when it was installing driver for onboard video.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 01:15 PM ----------

Now I'm not getting any display when it boots into windows.
    Just tell me which board you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asus P8Z77-V Pro is my MB

It sounds like somethings going on between your HDD and your controller.

If its a new MB, perhaps its set to AHCI by default in the bios and the older HDD is taking exception to that.

or

Many motherboard have multiple sata controllers these days, you often see an intel controller for instance, paired with a 3rd party on handling different ports on the motherboard. They'll often be a different color, but not always. You could try switching to the other controller if there is one, as it might simply be a compatibility issue.

and it was giving me errors just trying to install Windows 7 for about 2 hours.
    Elaborate on what sort of issues you had installing. That might be key.

Holy moley, I am having all the same issues as OP. Not trying to hijack the thread, just giving some info as to what I have done to try and fix the problem with no results as of yet.

I work at norways biggest electronic retailer so I got some PC diagonstic software to check with, ran it for 24 hours and when it finally finished it had found nothing. Was some kind of bestbuy tool apparently, no idea.
    I changed to my old ram sticks which didn't help.
    I bought a new SSD because I assumed my disc was fucked (didn't matter much as I had been looking to get a new one anyway). Still didn't help
    I have reinstalled windows 7 twice and windows 8 twice aswell, I have also tried differen't HDDs as system drive.
    Tried to run without all the other storage HDDs, still crashed at random.
    Changed SATA cables and sata-slot on MB for my HDDs.
    Done several AV scans.
    Ran memtest86+ for 4 hours, nothing there.
    Upgraded BIOS.
    Changed to my old GPU, helped for a little while, I thought, started crashing a few days later, but I use my PC infrequently sometimes due to work, so it could be attributed to little use. Crash happens more often when I use my PC for longer periods. Or try to play Civilization V, BSOD after 5 mins or less usually.

Various BSOD errors I have gotten:
    system service exception
    irql not less or equal
    page fault in non page area
    attempted execute of noexecute memory

Usually a new one every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    It sounds like somethings going on between your HDD and your controller.

If its a new MB, perhaps its set to AHCI by default in the bios and the older HDD is taking exception to that.

or

Many motherboard have multiple sata controllers these days, you often see an intel controller for instance, paired with a 3rd party on handling different ports on the motherboard. They'll often be a different color, but not always. You could try switching to the other controller if there is one, as it might simply be a compatibility issue.

Elaborate on what sort of issues you had installing. That might be key.
    The manual does say it's set to AHCI by default. Do I want to change that in the BIOS?

The manual does say it's set to AHCI by default. Do I want to change that in the BIOS?
    To which sata port is your hdd connected? They have to be connected to the white ports to take advantage of 6Gbps but the pair lower are 3Gb/s ports

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think my HDD supports 6GBs so I have it in the Blue 3G_3 and DVD in 3G_4

I'd say try setting switching it from AHCI and then reformat. Make sure your setting this for the controller it is connected to aswell, as you can probally change it for both separately in the BIOS.

If that doesn't work, set the the other to ide and attach to the 6gb port(another controller, asmedia I think, the 3s would be intel if im not mistaken) and try that. They should be backward compatible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did update the BIOS after reinstalling Windows earlier today and I haven't seen a BSOD since. Although I did leave my computer alone while it was downloading WoW. Came back to it after an hour and the display had gone to sleep. Moving the mouse to wake it just left me with a blank screen. Had to reboot.

I did update the BIOS after reinstalling Windows earlier today and I haven't seen a BSOD since. Although I did leave my computer alone while it was downloading WoW. Came back to it after an hour and the display had gone to sleep. Moving the mouse to wake it just left me with a blank screen. Had to reboot.
    Just run the tests I gave or it's just going to be a big riddle. We just need to be sure you aren't using a defective hdd and chkdisk is just a small test which doesnt mean anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran HDTune, this was the result

Side note: I rebooted my PC after running HDTune, because all my browsers were crashing upon opening (Assumed it was due to the Asus Suite software so I uninstalled and rebooted when it finished), and I was greeted with a BSOD saying MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Restarted PC and it booted into Windows 7 normally. All browsers are working again also.

Ran HDTune, this was the result

Side note: I rebooted my PC after running HDTune, because all my browsers were crashing upon opening (Assumed it was due to the Asus Suite software so I uninstalled and rebooted when it finished), and I was greeted with a BSOD saying MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Restarted PC and it booted into Windows 7 normally. All browsers are working again also.
    Seems fine but I would uninstall the asmedia sata drivers if you don't use the asmedia ports.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any asmedia sata drivers installed.

Where do we go from here because I'm still getting BSOD?

I got one when I booted up my PC this morning and one when I tried running Unigine Valley last night.

I don't have any asmedia sata drivers installed.

Where do we go from here because I'm still getting BSOD?

I got one when I booted up my PC this morning and one when I tried running Unigine Valley last night.
    Well defective hdd's can cause bsod's that's why I wanted you to test it so we can exclude it. Are you using the turbo profile on the Asus EZ mode? Just load the default settings and then just head over to ai tweaker, select XMP for AI overclock tuner and make sure profile#1 is taken and BCLK is fixed to 100,000000MHz

Things I can blame is just either your OS & drivers are messed up or RAM/MB is not functioning normally. Just give prime95 in safe mode a shot, just select blend and then go custom change RAM amount to something around 90% of your 8GB physical memory. Just don't exceed this or you're just going to use your HDD's space as memory. So if 1.1GB is in use and you have 6.9GB free physical memory use 6800MB. I prefer to run it as much as possible so yeah if you get any symptoms such as a hardlock it's making everything more obvious.