Last edited by Puupi; 2013-03-16 at 09:48 PM.
The crit and spirit is mainly to be a mana battery while being able to spam heals on prbly the tank so there isnt any omg the tank died all of a sudden issues.
Haste is really a pretty poor output stat outside of haste breakpoints. All that it does is increases mana expenditure for a marginal cast time increase (when HW/GHW are already at 1.4 seconds at that haste level). I have 16,000 Spirit and you still definitely can not spam HS/GHW or Chain Heal outside of HR/HST/RT cooldowns, so it isn't like mana becomes a complete non issue at those Spirit levels.
Therefore, it's down to stacking Crit or stacking Mastery after Spirit. From the 3 heroics I have seen so far (Jin'rokh, Horridon, Tortos), mastery in 25 man raids doesn't really have much more value than it did in T14. People just don't really dip that much. Unless your AoE output is landing on targets at about 65% HP or lower or your single target output is landing on targets at about 35% HP or lower, Crit is a better throughput stat than Mastery. I have yet to see any 25H encounter this expansion where HP pools are often enough below those thresholds to warrant taking Mastery over Crit.
1) HR right on cd without using UE. That requires heavy spirit to pull off and make his HR crit alot to make it worth casting without UE.
2) He is using HS ALOT. Probably the only spell he is spamming right after he puts down HR.
3) As everyone said, high spirit cause he is a mana bot. And high crit so that his HTT and Ascendance crit alot.
---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 07:11 AM ----------
The only two haste break point worth going for are 3764 (HTT/HST) which you can reach with T14 normal gear and then 7613 to get extra tick on HR (although this is debatable for ToT), which you can get with ToT gear (not sure if normal mode gear can get you there without sacrificing important stats because I haven't done alot of ToT an don't have alot of ToT gear).
---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 07:26 AM ----------
You are suppose to aim for enough spirit to make you last the most brutal and mana intense encounters, not just get enough spirit to make you last the easiest encounters to heal.
6k spirit is nothing even with all the glyphs, extra mana regen, another Shaman, or Priest or getting Innervate.
We ARE poor in this tier. 25%-40% behind the top healer on every fight. Every other healer at worst is behind 10% of the top healer on every fight bar a couple of very rare occasion like Ji Kun for Monks (the ONLY fight where Resto Shamans are 5th).
Not sure on what difficulty you raid, but as a 10 man raider riptide is usually in the top 3 of healing spells so the extra tick becomes well worth it. That and it makes glyphed CH a lot less annoying to use as it's out our only AoE spell that we can use on all encounters due to the lack of stacking this tier. And the only thing I've lost for my breakpoint was crit rating, I didn't lose a single point of mastery nor spirit and the results are satisfying.
Note that when you acquire the 4 set bonus mastery and haste suddenly become a lot better throughput stats because crit loses its AA exclusivity.
It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.
Who are the people that are using Glyph of Riptide? It's the most useless glyph cause it weakens your one instant spell into something slightly better then Earthliving procs and costs a fuck-ton of mana in the process.
And with your theory of 6k spirit. You can't possibly support glyph of Riptide. It's sucks too much mana and you need really high spirit to maintain it.
I've been kinda silent regarding this subject, though my feelings still say quite the same. Thanks to the one who made my post been posted on the US forums.
I have noticed that if Resurgence is being done properly, it does regenerate an insane amount of mana. But it's gambling with your mana pool, something that most healers do not like/recommend, of which I am one of them. Yes, it can work, but as opposed that we are stacking spirit, you are stacking crit. You are sacrificing one stat for another and, even worse, you still need to be lucky to be able to get the same throughput and mana regen, making our hps different per fight and unreliable.
Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work
If you get 5676 haste just from your gear even after reforging out from haste, then it's fine, but to reforge spirit, crit and even mastery to haste just to get one extra tick from Riptide once every 6 sec is a waste of other more valuable stats.
Haste is pretty weak for us this expansion outside of couple of haste breakpoints like the first HST/HTT and the 2nd tick of HR, which I already said, is very debatable for ToT.
Edit: Missed your part about T15 4P bonus. The reasons you mentioned are some of the reasons why this 4P sucks ass.
1) It's forcing you to pick stats that don't benefit you much. Mastery becomes useless after a point because of absorbs and how fast the raid healed. Haste scales poorly because outside of break points, it doesn't give us much. Extremely high haste points will make us cast our spells a little faster, but our problem just isn't from our spell being casted slow.
2) It devalues crit, your 2nd best scaling stat. Loosing crit for haste will lower your chances of getting resurgence, causing mana issues. Regardless of how random mana return from crit is, the more crit you have, the more chances of mana regen you get.
3) It's forcing you to use single target healing spells. Resto Shamans aren't designed to heal the raid with single target spells. Our spells are too weak and our single target spells not critting devalues AA in the first place. I get 105k HW crit at max hp, half of that is 52.5k, that is a 15.75k AA proc, when I get a crit HW, it will give me 31.5k AA proc. The less crit I have, the weaker my AA gets.
There are some other problems with the 4P, like how Shamans get the weakest (maybe second weakest) healing 4P in this tier, when they got a pretty weak (maybe weakest) 4P in the previous tier too.
Our 4P needs to be changed to something that gives us about 5%-8% healing increase because that's how strong pretty much every other healer's 4P is.
I dunno why Blizz is giving us 4P sets which "buffs" our single target heals in this expansion, when they should be giving us 4P that buffs our already weak, rigid, clunky aoe healing.
It looks to me Blizz has lost control over Shamans altogether, and they have no idea how to fix them, so they just go with whatever they feel will frustrate the Shaman community even more.
that would be nice if we could do it well enough to make a dent on the meters. i believe disc priest monks and druids can all out dps us.