Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerret View Post
    I think the gylph of chain heal should be passive, or changed to prevent a cd, but NOT lower healing. Chain heals cast time is extremely long, and our single target heals just aren't as attractive.
    The jump distance increase is not that much needed. The range of Chain Heal is 13 yards and is considered a smart heal. 13 yards is quite decent, considering that Healing Rain is half of it. The range is not that bad, provided that you got a healthy setup in your raid and that they all don't go stack at max ranged (which really is unnecessary in 10-man). I wouldn't mind though having it increased.

But the main problem more is that it cost too much and takes too long. Buff that and our core spell will return and we'll be back to mindless chain heal spam. I'm in favour and that may seem like the only way to buff us, but then we'll be too strong again for rbg, where chain heal will then shine again on large groups and then every rbg group with a brain will want a resto shaman to go with the assault group. I can see it happening, paladin on defense, shaman offense, instant 2k rating.

I would suggest then to make it a 2 way spell, where it does a reduced effect in PvP, but Blizzy already stated that they do not want to do that anymore, so that's an idea flying out of the window. Bleh, I dunno atm, just woke up.

I'm way too lazy to make a 10m bis list today.
    Check your inbox
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Thanks btw, can't reply till I get my 10th post(lol)...

Yeah, a buff to chain heal would be nice. They really should change skills according to pvp/pve use. It would make the game a lot easier to balance. They should just make healing rain huge as fuck, with a higher cap on how many people it can heal. When I actually get to use my rain I'm not getting destroyed on meters by every other healer. I don't know if blizzard will do anything about us though. They don't even read these forums, do they?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    The jump distance increase is not that much needed. The range of Chain Heal is 13 yards and is considered a smart heal. 13 yards is quite decent, considering that Healing Rain is half of it. The range is not that bad, provided that you got a healthy setup in your raid and that they all don't go stack at max ranged (which really is unnecessary in 10-man). I wouldn't mind though having it increased.

But the main problem more is that it cost too much and takes too long. Buff that and our core spell will return and we'll be back to mindless chain heal spam. I'm in favour and that may seem like the only way to buff us, but then we'll be too strong again for rbg, where chain heal will then shine again on large groups and then every rbg group with a brain will want a resto shaman to go with the assault group. I can see it happening, paladin on defense, shaman offense, instant 2k rating.

I would suggest then to make it a 2 way spell, where it does a reduced effect in PvP, but Blizzy already stated that they do not want to do that anymore, so that's an idea flying out of the window. Bleh, I dunno atm, just woke up.

Check your inbox
    Actually for 10 mans the Chain Heal range is too short. Most bosses have such big hitboxes that you can't even link Chain Heal from the tank to the melees (or other way around) without the glyph.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suffeli View Post
    Actually for 10 mans the Chain Heal range is too short. Most bosses have such big hitboxes that you can't even link Chain Heal from the tank to the melees (or other way around) without the glyph.
    Then I agree with that, as I said, I can only speak from a 25-man pov, so if the range is even too short for that, then the range buff is indeed needed (say 20y to not make it look like a raid cooldown of some sort).

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope Blizzard would even give us a reply Soon(tm).
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by suffeli View Post
    I hope Blizzard would even give us a reply Soon(tm).
    Joke is good, took them all of Cata to bandaid us with Spirit Link

I am pretty sure it happened during t11.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    At least for 10m, Cata was nowhere near as bad as things are now. You could burn high hps spells and replentish with TC and keep up. If there's a lot of moving involved all I can really do these days is suck.

What? In 10M your mana regen was shit, and the group was taking constant damage. You had no time to TC unless you were doing normals. We were only good with Core of Ripeness + Jar off Maloriak before they fixed MTT factoring in short-term spirit bonuses. If you were LB spamming for mana, your other healer was oom'ing himself. We only tagged along in 25s to drop MTT. I think you're just talking about DS.

Not to mention our haste was so low that you could never get more than a few off per boss if you didn't want your raid to die. We sucked it up pretty badly through T11+12.

So let me ask the community this, What are you all Using for talents/Glyphs and stat weights? If you think Resto is so broken in 10 man, have you tried other reforging combinations? Did you just read a guide somewhere telling you reforge like this, but haven't tried to stray from that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendori View Post
    So let me ask the community this, What are you all Using for talents/Glyphs and stat weights? If you think Resto is so broken in 10 man, have you tried other reforging combinations? Did you just read a guide somewhere telling you reforge like this, but haven't tried to stray from that?
    Tried basically all possible combinations of gemming, reforging and talents. Nothing makes a big difference really. Now I'm going to stick with AS+UF with spirit>crit>mastery>haste. So pretty basic stuff. Will drop crit for haste/mastery once I get t15 set bonuses.

No amount reforging, regemming, talents, glyphs are going to help if people aren't getting effected by your spells.

HR is about 30% of our healing. People hardly stand in it cause they have to move around all the time. so that's about 20%-25% healing lost. How does regemming, reforging help in that kinda situation?

CH doesn't jump cause everyone is spread out too much. If it does, it heals for the same about as HW. How do you explain an aoe heal doing the same amount of healing as a single target spell when it's hitting 4 different targets?

Ascendance's output is linked heavily to HR. If HR doesn't heal, Ascendance doesn't heal.

Our kit is outdated and our bugs aren't fixed. No amount of regemming, reforging, technique, skills, whatnot, will help in this kinda situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing I'm willing to try is a full haste gear set, 11498 haste is what I'm aiming for. But that takes a long time.

This is a mix and moisture of Throne of Thunder ilvl 522 items where my aim was 11471 haste as that is the next breakpoint with HTT with AS and 5% haste of the raid. Even with all the ToT gear, it was still hard to go for that number and Mastery and Crit has been highly affected by it.

However, manageable is a spirit of 12.5k. That sounds a lot as I am on 8.5k, but I do not know (and I can't test it with Rawr) how much mana straining this will be. But with heroic/thunderforged gear and professions, this can be a bit more relaxing.

Notice that there is no spirit+haste helm, belt and weapon from ToT. What do you think of this?
    The HTT breakpoints are bugged and have been bugged for some time. They are dependent on latency, can not be accurately measured, and fluctuate. Therefore, going for that breakpoint is highly likely to be a complete waste of stat itemization at least until/if they make the totems behave predictably. On top of that, you will need far more than 12,500 Spirit to make effective use of the extra cast speed bonus 11,000+ haste would give you. If you can't gain extra throughput because you have so much haste that you are throttling your casting, all that itemization is completely wasted outside of the breakpoints, and you likely would do far better with Crit/Mastery.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    The HTT breakpoints are bugged and have been bugged for some time. They are dependent on latency, can not be accurately measured, and fluctuate. Therefore, going for that breakpoint is highly likely to be a complete waste of stat itemization at least until/if they make the totems behave predictably. On top of that, you will need far more than 12,500 Spirit to make effective use of the extra cast speed bonus 11,000+ haste would give you. If you can't gain extra throughput because you have so much haste that you are throttling your casting, all that itemization is completely wasted outside of the breakpoints, and you likely would do far better with Crit/Mastery.
    12.5k spirit + mana tide + trinket proc of Horridon will still provide a good amount of mana regen. I am well aware that the totem breakpoints are fluxated by latency, this is why you'll get a lil bit more haste with thunderforged/heroic geared items.

12.5k spirit + mana tide + trinket proc of Horridon will still provide a good amount of mana regen. I am well aware that the totem breakpoints are fluxated by latency, this is why you'll get a lil bit more haste with thunderforged/heroic geared items.
    12.5k Spirit is decent regen at normal haste levels (2000 or less with Ancestral Swiftness). The more haste you get, the more regen you need to support taking advantage of that extra haste. Those haste levels will give you nearly double the haste that you have now, which means that you need something like double the Spirit. Without that, you will either go OOM, or you will have to sit on your hands to prevent going OOM, making the haste a complete waste. Unless you are able to pair that haste with 20,000-22,000 Spirit, it isn't likely to be very effective. Also, the totem breakpoint variations aren't something small, they are in the magnitude of 1000+ haste swings needed for that extra tick.

On top of that, you have to remember that reforging/gemming out of Spirit is a very bad idea, especially in 25 man raids because it neuters the amount of mana Mana Tide gives to the other healers in your raid. With Shaman output such absolute crap, this is more important than ever; your MTT is more important than your personal throughput and the only reason you can justify a raid spot. Let's face it; Resto Shaman in their current state this tier are glorified buff bots/mana batteries. Reducing the value of MTT in a selfish pursuit of a tiny gain in personal throughput is not a good idea.

Deleted
    Would it help if they changed our Mastery to the effect of Ascendance and give Ascendance the effect of our current Mastery, with an fixed amount, lets say 60%.

So that would make:
    Code:
    Ascendance
    5.2% of base mana
    Instant -3 min cooldown
    Requires level 87
    The Shaman surrenders his physical form to the power of the elements,
    gaining the ability to transform into a being of raw elemental energy for 15 sec.

Restoration: 
    Increases the potency of your healing spells by up to 60%,
    based on the current health level of your target (lower health targets are healed for more).
    Code:
    Mastery: Tranquil Healing
    Distributed 12% of all single target heals done evenly among nearby allies.
    Each point of Mastery increases Tranquil Healing by 2%.
    Then they can balance the healing spells better.

Good God, reforging for 10k+ Spirit? No wonder you think shamans are so awful right now

Good God, reforging for 10k+ Spirit? No wonder you think shamans are so awful right now
    Care to expand on that?