Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I believe that a 30% reduction in CH cast time and make it so that you dont lose healing at every jump would do wonders to the class in general. Then take the cd off the glyph and we would be able to heal more encounters without effecting PVP. Or you could allow our Earthshield to put an absorbtion shield for 20% of all shaman healing to the target and make us useful in PVE and gods of PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by obesemidget View Post
    I believe that a 30% reduction in CH cast time and make it so that you dont lose healing at every jump would do wonders to the class in general. Then take the cd off the glyph and we would be able to heal more encounters without effecting PVP. Or you could allow our Earthshield to put an absorbtion shield for 20% of all shaman healing to the target and make us useful in PVE and gods of PVP.
    The shield and cast time reduction as just straight out buffs that would bandage the class and not fix it.

Getting rid of the reduction would help tremendously but overpower our AE healing much like chain lightning is for ele. The net effect would be a nerf (because GC can't help himself) so that if you aren't hitting 5 targets its a complete waste.

the CD on the glyph isn't that bad when you consider you are almost always using riptide and some other thing in-between (hst, recall, etc). However for having such a cd on the ability i really would like to see the jump radius go up to like 50 yards since that can occur very easily in this tier.

the 2 biggest things that need fixed are our mastery (fat chance) and our spread healing (stated never going to happen)

so yeah welcome to the roller coaster of on/off (mostly off) OPness

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    the 2 biggest things that need fixed are our mastery (fat chance) and our spread healing (stated never going to happen)
    I think I said it in this thread maybe a different one... Our mastery is reason we do not get buffs for PvE. I would like Resto Mastery, Deep Healing, and Resto Ascendance, Restorative Mists, to be switched. I think doing this would allow for Resto to be buffed w/o affecting PvP.

Deleted
    Make chain heal a instant cast would solve some movement issues when having to move after some massive raid damage has just gone off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    I think I said it in this thread maybe a different one... Our mastery is reason we do not get buffs for PvE. I would like Resto Mastery, Deep Healing, and Resto Ascendance, Restorative Mists, to be switched. I think doing this would allow for Resto to be buffed w/o affecting PvP.
    this is a nice idea but it makes my second point even worse. our ascendance has a small range in which the heals are spread (20yards i think). so our spread healing would become even worse. Furthermore if you increase the range to 40+ yards to compensate it can border on on broken. however i don't think this would happen as it is easy enough to scale and can be overpowered by absorb type healers anyway. On the other hand it would be very hard to design encounters around this. Remember yo sahj? these heals would have to not count as direct heals and trigger mechanics that punish heals which in turn gives raiders another tool to break mechanics (burn phase chimearon lol).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWilson View Post
    No he didn't FFS we need TOOLS TO SPREAD HEAL NOT FLAT %. fucks sake...

Quote Originally Posted by MrWilson View Post
    GC answered our prayers
    No, the buffs were mostly irrelevant to our concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    No he didn't FFS we need TOOLS TO SPREAD HEAL NOT FLAT %. fucks sake...
    I dont get whats the problem? True it doesnt fix our issues to spread healing but a buff is a buff. Ive been using all 3 of those throughout the expac so it does give us more healing whatever you might say

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Endus, how you see the shaman class is a futuristic and balanced way how all healers probably will work in the future. It is not a bad model how you describe it, theoretically, it can work. And that is what it is, theoretically.

The point of a healer is not seeing low health bars. Period. This is how the current model is working. You want to keep people topped and give them absorb effects. This is especially for heroic healing. This is the current model, but also what is build in in every healer. Your model may be good, but it's the community, and not even the actual healing community, that does not want to see low health bars. I can not stress for example how many times my gm yells: "HEAL UP!".

You can not have people dip on Heroic Progress, simply because there is much damage going on that it's pretty much unforgiven to let them linger. This is where absorbs just come pretty much all the time in handy, especially if people are already topped.

Apart from that, Endus, every post you make gives me a cringing feeling and an imagination where I bash a penguin's skull multiple times on the street, it's not 100% wrong in theory, but it just doesn't work out in practice. And I think this is what the developers also make the mistake, in theory, it all looks good, but it just doesn't work out. And then I believe that you should show balls, admit your mistake and fix it. But they don't, they wanna keep using this broken model. It works for DPS, but not for healers. And if they keep using this model, this will push shamans and druids completly out of the picture. That's my future view of it.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrir View Post
    I dont get whats the problem? True it doesnt fix our issues to spread healing but a buff is a buff. Ive been using all 3 of those throughout the expac so it does give us more healing whatever you might say
    A buff that does not solve anything resto is complaining about, save for subpar chainheal numbers. The results from these buffs will most likely be written in the overhealing column and not changing our archaic mechanics and problems of spread out raid and mobility.

I'd like to see some better resto shaman glyphs. I've TRIED using Glyph of Riptide, I've TRIED using Glyph of Healing Wave and Chain Heal, but their negative side effects are so detrimental to our hps/mana conservation/playstyle. The ONLY glyph I keep in there 100% of the time is totemic recall, since it's useful on every single fight.

I'd like to see a change with Healing Wave Glyph that would benefit the whole raid rather than just the shaman. Like, 20% of the healing done w/ healing wave also heals an injured raid member, not just the user. ANYTIME I use this glyph, it doesn't even account for 1% of my overall healing...that's even if I've gotten a lot of use out of healing wave...there's just no way to control it and I hate that. It needs to be a smart heal.

I'd also like Chain Heal to bounce further by default and change the glyph to be able to use CH while moving. My BIGGEST problem this tier is the ability to heal well on the move...resto shamans absolutely SUCK at this...yea we can riptide everyone(if glyphed & the glyph blows donkey balls I fucking hate it so much) and use SWG, but we'll just need to be on the move again in 30-45 seconds(sometimes a lot sooner than that even).

Of course these are only temporary solutions to a much bigger issue, as Schadow mentioned above. I just don't want to be sat every other week this tier because my guild has 2 resto shamans and unless I l2dps after pretty much ONLY healing for 6 years or so, I see myself being benched often this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyspice View Post

I'd like to see a change with Healing Wave Glyph that would benefit the whole raid rather than just the shaman. Like, 20% of the healing done w/ healing wave also heals an injured raid member, not just the user. ANYTIME I use this glyph, it doesn't even account for 1% of my overall healing...that's even if I've gotten a lot of use out of healing wave...there's just no way to control it and I hate that. It needs to be a smart heal.
    That would be against glyph philosophy of these days, which seems to be a "give one, take one" type of deal. Btw Hst glyph is awesome on every fight except Tortos.

My idea would be reduce CH cast to 2.0 sec base and increase the range to 18-20 yards. The new glyph can either be cast on the move or be instant with a cd.(Leaning towards the first for PvP reasons)

I think something a lot of people are STILL missing here.

You don't have to have optimal grouping of people to use AoE healing. HR only hits 3 targets for the full duration, so what, it's still a metric shit ton of healing you have done with very little effort. Would it be better if if the entire raid was benefiting from it, sure would but seems to me that people think that there is some minimum target for AoE heals to work at all.

If you think like that, these buffs to CH and HR are a little more significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursey View Post

You don't have to have optimal grouping of people to use AoE healing. HR only hits 3 targets for the full duration, so what, it's still a metric shit ton of healing you have done with very little effort. Would it be better if if the entire raid was benefiting from it, sure would but seems to me that people think that there is some minimum target for AoE heals to work at all.

And what you are forgetting is that sometimes you just cant stand in HR, because there is so much random shit going around you have to move out of it, which is yet another drawback compared to most of other aoe heals, which are either frontloaded from the get go or just remain on the target(s). And the few aoe heals that do remain static on the ground are the "filler" aoe heals, not the main bread and butter of the spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Judging from tonight's raid (10 man heroic), the buffs had pretty much no impact whatsoever on my healing on the first 5 bosses in ToT. Unfortunately
    Okay it helped a bit in Megaeras Rampage, but that hasn't been a problematic to heal even before these buffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Judging from tonight's raid (10 man heroic), the buffs had pretty much no impact whatsoever on my healing on the first 5 bosses in ToT. Unfortunately
    Okay it helped a bit in Megaeras Rampage, but that hasn't been a problematic to heal even before these buffs.
    its a lot bigger buff to 25 man healing but 25 man is historically the bread and butter of resto shamans.

these buffs are just laugh in 10man enviroment.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursey View Post

You are missing a point. Healing Rain ticks before 7613 haste 7 times. If you hit three people with it and ticks only once, it won't do much. It needs to be in a full duration, it's supposed to be helpful group heal. Depending on how long people can stand in it for the duration of Healing Rain, you can either loose or win with it. Sounds awful, but that's what it is and is what can be shown.

And this is usually what is not happening, with heavy movement, you can't use healing rain all the time.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Judging from Raidbots only, not the most reliable source, but it's the quickest, the following looks to be happening in effect from the timespan between 28 march and at the time of writing, with the date set on Median, as this is the Default Measure.

10n: an increase of 1.0 on raidbots spec score, from 73.0 to 74.0. Still the lowest (by a big gap if I may add).
    10hc: an increase of 2.7 on raidbots spec score, from 68.6 to 71.3. Holy priests seem lower, but there is a huge negative peak there. No idea how that is caused.
    25n: an increase of 1.4 on raidbots spec score, from 77.7 to 79.1. Still the lowest (but not a big a gap as in 10n).
    25hc: an increase of 6.3 on raidbots spec score, from 67.8 to 75.1. It peaked at 76.0. This is the only version I can see it peaking, yet remains the lowest on the spec score.

Not sure if the 25hc is because purely of the buff or far more resto shamans have started heroic raiding, but it's weird that 25 heroic gets such a spike compared to 25n. Personally, I don't feel much of a change yet. Looking at just raidbots and from comments around here (I just quoted you, Puupi, out of pure funzies), I'd say, the buff has not worked. Which was to be expected in some way. Yet I wanted to give it a chance.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

15+ Year Old Account
    Well HR+ELW+CH are maximum of 50% of our healing. And only if it's a fight like Megaera. For other fights those three are 20-30% max. So it's mathematically impossible to this buff to be more than 10% in the best scenario, and 1-5% in the rest of the fights. It was a bad buff for us, but buff nevertheless. We have to wait and see, will Blizzard buff us more. They should, but I'm a bit sceptical about it.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.