Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
LastLast
  1. #341
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well HR+ELW+CH are maximum of 50% of our healing. And only if it's a fight like Megaera. For other fights those three are 20-30% max. So it's mathematically impossible to this buff to be more than 10% in the best scenario, and 1-5% in the rest of the fights. It was a bad buff for us, but buff nevertheless. We have to wait and see, will Blizzard buff us more. They should, but I'm a bit sceptical about it.
    Well, seeing as I feel 20% is a huge buff number wise only for a hotfix and that didn't worked, I'd say they really gotta scratch their heads now and re-think this. o.o

    Anybody can poke GC on twitter? x)
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrir View Post
    I dont get whats the problem? True it doesnt fix our issues to spread healing but a buff is a buff. Ive been using all 3 of those throughout the expac so it does give us more healing whatever you might say
    My wife laughed at the buffs... what use is buffing healing rain and chain heal when in 10m, there are very few situations where you can actually use either spell effectively? Many fights now emphasize spreading out and high movement, both of which render healing rain and chain heal worthless.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    My wife laughed at the buffs... what use is buffing healing rain and chain heal when in 10m, there are very few situations where you can actually use either spell effectively? Many fights now emphasize spreading out and high movement, both of which render healing rain and chain heal worthless.
    You can use glyphed chain heal on pretty much every fight this tier in a 10 man. Sure it's annoying you need to waste a glyphslot but at least it makes the spell far more valuable.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

  4. #344
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    You can use glyphed chain heal on pretty much every fight this tier in a 10 man. Sure it's annoying you need to waste a glyphslot but at least it makes the spell far more valuable.
    and rage at the cooldown which is too big a punishment as you have to swap your playstyle and if it doesn't hit 4 targets, it's not much viable either way.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    and rage at the cooldown which is too big a punishment as you have to swap your playstyle and if it doesn't hit 4 targets, it's not much viable either way.
    The CD isn't too long. You still have to drop RT on CD and keep down HST while still using the tidal wave driven single target heals. Very rarely do I curse at the 4 second CD.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    The CD isn't too long. You still have to drop RT on CD and keep down HST while still using the tidal wave driven single target heals. Very rarely do I curse at the 4 second CD.

    Agree and as much as people curse healing rain the only fights I can say I havent used healing rain on are ji kun and durumu all other fights have some sort of stacking. Even Tortos if your tanks are smart and they drag bats to the boss you drop healing rain on the melee and tanks cleaving bats + tortos. 10m is rough and resto shamans are behind but our heals arent useless like some people are stating.

  7. #347
    stop justyfing why blizzard shouldn't be fixing our class just because of the raid design...

  8. #348
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    22,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    stop justyfing why blizzard shouldn't be fixing our class just because of the raid design...
    If your argument is "the class is broken because the raid content doesn't play to our strengths", then pointing out the raid design is a valid criticism of your argument.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    The CD isn't too long. You still have to drop RT on CD and keep down HST while still using the tidal wave driven single target heals. Very rarely do I curse at the 4 second CD.
    As the glyph puts an effective 6.2 second cd on CH, can you elaborate how this works with our supposed strength of stacked healing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If your argument is "the class is broken because the raid content doesn't play to our strengths", then pointing out the raid design is a valid criticism of your argument.
    ToT is one of the best raids Blizzard created so far. There isn't a single encounter i did not enjoy, apart from cursing the spread healing weaknesses of the class. Then again, I, for one, do not want another DS where the encounters are designed in a way that the weaknesses of any spec are obscured. As opposed to your valid criticism raid design is not the question here. It actually is the toolkit that resto shamans have to overcome the raid design

    By the way, HST buff on the PTR. Hooray for bandaids!
    Edit: seems a tooltip fix
    Last edited by BbrMX; 2013-04-10 at 08:30 AM.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If your argument is "the class is broken because the raid content doesn't play to our strengths", then pointing out the raid design is a valid criticism of your argument.

    No, my argument is: The class is broken because it should be able to spread heal. It still can be a weakness of a class but we are simply unable to spread *Multi-target* heal. And current raid design has nothing to do with it.

  11. #351
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,828
    Quote Originally Posted by BbrMX View Post
    By the way, HST buff on the PTR. Hooray for bandaids!
    Isn't that just a tooltip fix?

    I was happy when I saw that 'buff', but in the meantime, I think it turned out that they just corrected an outdated tooltip.

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Isn't that just a tooltip fix?

    I was happy when I saw that 'buff', but in the meantime, I think it turned out that they just corrected an outdated tooltip.
    Yes, it is a tooltip fix only.

  13. #353
    Very rarely do I curse at the 4 second CD.
    If you really need to spread heal and only spread heal, the cd is ok. But unfortunately in a lot of fight there is a packed phase with huge damage. Then, you get to choose between meh during spread phase and meh during packed phase, or crap during spread phase and ok during packed phase. Hurrahs for compelling glyph choices.

    Anyway, my guild is wiping on council right now, and no matter how hard I try I do at least 20% less than the other healers, while doing less overhealing and getting oom faster, no matter if we're 2 or 3-healing the fight. That's just depressing. My own boyfriend is actually trying to convince me to play my disc priest alt or to go elem...

    At the moment, doing LFR feels like getting patted in the back by a friend : "see you're not always useless"

  14. #354
    Brewmaster Banzhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,386
    Resto shamans don't need a buff, they need their mastery re-worked so it's not completely fucking useless for 90% of every single fight.., even something as simple as a flat increase to healing through mastery would lift the class significantly.

  15. #355
    I got annoyed having to sit on and off most weeks so far this tier so I just quit raiding...it was time anyway, 6+ years of it is enough...
    I may continue to raid whenever my little heart desires, but raiding 4 nights a week and getting sat 2 nights, or even 3 was far too annoying. Having 2 resto shamans on a roster worked last tier but just doesn't work at all this tier, sadly.

    Oh well.

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Resto shamans don't need a buff, they need their mastery re-worked so it's not completely fucking useless for 90% of every single fight.., even something as simple as a flat increase to healing through mastery would lift the class significantly.
    I don't know how many times i've complained about our mastery, and people shoot me down saying "its the best mastery in the game, wtf you talking about?!".
    This is the BIG reason why we're failing atm. What they should do is make our mastery be like our tier 15 4 set, have our Ancestral Awakening a chance to proc without a crit!

  17. #357
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    772
    or just stop gearing for mastery. if Mastery is broken, which it is, why should we then still say to go for mastery? Instead of complaining that it should be fixed, we should rather look at other stat priorities. Mastery can have its bonus when it's needed, but maybe look for another stat weight rather then mastery.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    or just stop gearing for mastery. if Mastery is broken, which it is, why should we then still say to go for mastery? Instead of complaining that it should be fixed, we should rather look at other stat priorities. Mastery can have its bonus when it's needed, but maybe look for another stat weight rather then mastery.
    No one is gearing for mastery, I'm not even sure what you are talking about. If our mastery is useless and it is amazing for other healers, that makes us suck compared to them. Lapping on a few % of crit isn't going to address that.

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Resto shamans don't need a buff, they need their mastery re-worked so it's not completely fucking useless for 90% of every single fight.., even something as simple as a flat increase to healing through mastery would lift the class significantly.
    Even though i like the idea of our mastery, which can we a life saver though it is hard to see at times i feel it is the problem with resto shamans atm.
    Right now resto shamans are really strong in pvp and one of the reasons is if you drop low (which you usually do in pvp) mastery kick in and you can basicly go from low to full hp with one crit heal. That means our "spread out" heals (single target) can't be buffed, so they have to buff our other heals which only work if people stack up.

    We could also use a spell like MW monks renewing mist - maybe let Unleash Element spread your Riptide to X people if the target have Riptide rolling.

  20. #360
    Pit Lord Protoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Celic View Post
    Even though i like the idea of our mastery, which can we a life saver though it is hard to see at times i feel it is the problem with resto shamans atm.
    Right now resto shamans are really strong in pvp and one of the reasons is if you drop low (which you usually do in pvp) mastery kick in and you can basicly go from low to full hp with one crit heal. That means our "spread out" heals (single target) can't be buffed, so they have to buff our other heals which only work if people stack up.

    We could also use a spell like MW monks renewing mist - maybe let Unleash Element spread your Riptide to X people if the target have Riptide rolling.
    Yea, this is basically the reasoning behind the recent buffs.....Resto is strong in PVP, esp with our mastery, so they couldn't buff single target heals which is why we got buffs to our AoE spells. I don't think our mastery is all that bad as people make it seem, esp during progression you will have alot of people whose HP is fluctuating and can reach low levels so mastery works well, esp with our smart heals.

    Our lack of wide range aoe healing is a problem though.....one buff that is long overdue and much needed is to increase jump radius of CHL from 12.5yds up to 16-20yds baseline (somewhere in that range, and not requiring a glyph). I also think a new wide range aoe spell would help round out our heal toolkit since it seems like every other healer has a 0-40yd raid heal except Resto Shaman. Something like priest's halo aoe spell would be perfect, put it on a ~10sec CD and let it spread out from Shaman and heal everyone in teh raid but bonus, burstier heal for the lowest 6 players.

    Long overdue buff..... all healers are good at stacked raid heals, its fairly simple and straightforward, but spread raid heals is something that Shaman ARE weak in while all other healers fare much better PLUS those healers have a simple 0-40yd aoe heal among other tools while we have to mix in single target spot heals while CHL and stuff, working harder then other healers but without much to show for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •