T15H retribution dps simcraft

http://simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html this where ret pala stand in dps meter its like in the middle of nowhere
    Seriously ? I mean the 4/4 set bonus that really bad ! They talked about ret pala cleave but its not comparable to the others i know its early to judge and we need to wait but its already a dejavu like cata expansion

Except in Cata they were middle of the pack, ATM I don't feel too bad as far as damage, however we all know gear makes all the difference.

Looking @ simcraft results ... i got shocked when i saw a hybrid dps as monk is the 3rd on meter ! wich made me think that blizzard was laughing at us with these minor buffs !!

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    Looking @ simcraft results ... i got shocked when i saw a hybrid dps as monk is the 3rd on meter ! wich made me think that blizzard was laughing at us with these minor buffs !!
    if you didn't know

The simcraft module,gear list, action priority are far from optimized for retri dps. Go check whether you can find some odd buff uptimes/wrong rotations/abilites that hit not as hard as they should etc and post them to the appropriate places.

The results will always be the same for simulating but how far is it from truth? its not accurate but its based on different fights

These simcraft stack rankings are completely stupid, particularly with how much attention people pay them. Sorry if this comes off as critical to anyone in the thread, but it just irks me to see this linked over and over.

1) There is not a single fight which is similar to a Simcraft Patchwerk like sim in all of T15.

2) Remember that every single spec there is built by a completely different author. Author #1 wrote locks and #2 wrote mages, and sometimes different authors for different specs, and if any of those authors has created a less perfect sim than the others, it will completely skew the results.

I question how much value we can get out of a comparison of basically 20 different authors and mods, stacking them up against each other, simulating a fight situation which doesn't really happen in T15. So I do not really trust the stack rankings. There is some small amount of information there, but it's just not that meaningful overall.

I do value Simcraft a lot, and I absolutely believe in simming, but the stack ranking gets linked like it's some kind of bible that will be mirrored in Skada when you go raid and that is just not close to reality.

Now for meaningful data, you can try Raid Bots. This takes real logs out of World of Logs and identifies how different specs have performed; you can narrow it down by fight and also control which data you are looking at. This is also not a perfect reflection of reality and has its own issues - it is skewed by the best players and by skill -- but it will be a much, much more meaningful look at how different specs perform in different raids.

Spoiler Alert: ret has performed significantly better in real raiding for the past 6 months than the stack ranking would have led anyone to believe. Wasn't amazing on every fight, but sure wasn't broken. As far as raid representation, there is an average of over 1 ret paladin per 25 man raid, which is pretty good considering that 25s run far more than our fair share of paladins in general since prot and holy are excessively popular specs.

Which has made the little ret buffs we got in this last patch even better. I am 9/12 so far and I have been extremely satisfied with how my DPS has held up against the rest of my raid.

Anyways, the moral of the story is that I really wish people would stop looking at the stack rankings and having this imaginary idea that this is what Skada / Recount look like in a raid. Um.... not true DPS in a real life PVE environment, particularly at the higher levels, is not something which is even close to as simple as Simcraft's stack rankings make it look. It has some limited value but you have to take it with a really big grain of salt... and investigate other sources of data.

My anecdotal experience of T15 so far - 9/12 25M since we've only had two raid nights. Ret is lookin' good and feeling good. Very happy with the buffs we got & quite satisfied with both my DPS and my raid running 2x mainspec rets on the roster for T15 heroics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    http://simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html this where ret pala stand in dps meter its like in the middle of nowhere
    Seriously ? I mean the 4/4 set bonus that really bad ! They talked about ret pala cleave but its not comparable to the others i know its early to judge and we need to wait but its already a dejavu like cata expansion
    Those sims are way off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anafielle View Post
    Spoiler Alert: ret has performed significantly better in real raiding for the past 6 months than the stack ranking would have led anyone to believe.
    More than just the past six months. In 4.3 Ret was simming near the bottom but in practice was in the upper middle. Sims are just...not reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    More than just the past six months. In 4.3 Ret was simming near the bottom but in practice was in the upper middle. Sims are just...not reliable.
    I don't like it when people lie. We were middle-middle, not upper-middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I don't like it when people lie. We were middle-middle, not upper-middle.
    I'm sure it fluctuated a bit. It was upper-middle the last time I checked it during that time. *shrug*

What an awful ret gearlist.

First of all.

Belt is wrong Should be Jin'rhoks
    Hands should be rein binders off Qon
    Chest should be tier

the profile has 35% haste and 37% mastery. Funny because the gearset I built had 42% haste and 41% mastery.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-03-09 at 03:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this is similar to Anaxie's thread, and there's tons of good discussion there, I'll ask folks to redirect ret gearlist discussion there.

~Fhi