Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

North Korea vows to nuke the United States

http://news.yahoo.com/furious-over-s...092213643.html

Now, granted it is North Korea, and they have been prone to making threats that they never back up. However, threatening to nuke another nation is a line that definitely shouldn't be crossed. In the past I didn't believe we should go to war with NK, that it would eventually implode on itself and have no other choice but to fall in line. Now? Maybe we should just take them out and get it over with. Better than waiting for them to make the first strike with a nuke.

Also, I'm sure China's government is collectively face palming right now. If we were to go to war with NK, I'm 99.9% sure that China would just lock down their border and wait for the dust to clear. Yes, they helped NK back in the 50's. Back then they were ideological allies. But now they have little in common with each other, except for the 'Communist' label. Not only that, but China is now the largest trading partner of the US. Siding with NK against the US would be economic suicide for them, and they know it.

Thoughts?

I'm not worried about it. I think our biggest threat is our own economic turmoil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    N. Korea always rattles its saber every time the UN or US is in talks about sanctions. The UN is deciding on sanctions over N. Korea's idiotic violations with missiles and nuke tests. For N. Korea to be making empty threats during such a time is about as surprising as a sunrise. This is the toothless hissing of a mangy old cat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean we are not sending Rodman to Cuba?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    they don't have the means to follow through on such a threat, sure they have the tech to build a nuke, but they lack the ballistics to deliver that to a place as far away as the US, i suspect that pyong-yang will get a little letter from beijing saying to STFU and go back to pretending the country is fine and dandy and leave the rest of things to the big boys, essentially this is a way for kim-jong-un to show he is a powerful leader, to try and win over the populous that may still be devoted to his fater the great and awesome kim-jong-il, so my opinion it is all talk, trying to hype things up to show to the rest of the world they are still a thing in todays world, when in fact they aren't and if they decide to cross the threshold, they will be slaughtered by the combined force of both "the west" and nato, and lets face it, there ain't no way in hell NK is gonna win in the fight.
    Last edited by rogoth; 2013-03-07 at 03:47 PM. Reason: i fail at spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    N. Korea always rattles its saber every time the UN or US is in talks about sanctions. The UN is deciding on sanctions over N. Korea's idiotic violations with missiles and nuke tests. For N. Korea to be making empty threats during such a time is about as surprising as a sunrise. This is the toothless hissing of a mangy old cat.
    Yep, I got an AP alert that the sanctions went through.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    I picture Cartman from South Park trying to piss people off. And when someone retaliates crying like a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    I've said this earlier, but i think it's only a matter of time before they actually attempt to nuke America and fuel a new world war.

I doubt they do much damage to be honest, but we'll still have a new world war to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    mouse to elephant; I'm gonna punch you!
    Wiping is Fun! ™

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we should just take them out and get it over with.
    Quite lightly said considering you're talking about war, real war, not a red alert "click units, destroy bunkers" type of situation. :|

But I guess USA might do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Cartman is North korea and Kyle is America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3zSfUc-PaE

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

How many times has North Korea vowed to nuke the USA?

Over the last two years, their tests have had a 50% success rate of clearing North Korean airspace. Somehow, I don't really see why the USA should be worried.

hopefully they nuke the west coast or DC. If the nuke the west coast hopefully the fallout doesnt get blown where i live (common weather) and if the nuke DC ill be far enough west of that that there wont be an effect. Although if they try and nuke us our missile defense system will knock it down in the pacific. We got so many eyes on NK it wouldnt get very far and they dont have many to shoot and they still cant launch it very far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know these won't end well...., but the U.S haven't done anything is just because China are N. Korea allies, and they are a big threat (no i'm not saying China wants to nuke U.S or anything, is just that if China see that if an ally is being attacked, it will also consider U.S as an enemy and start a war with it)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Quite lightly said considering you're talking about war, real war, not a red alert "click units, destroy bunkers" type of situation. :|

But I guess USA might do something.
    It's always amusing to see people's perception on war. Nothing is ever as simple as "take them out and get it over with."

The US needs China just like China needs the US. They cant live without eachother. So both of them have to agree on what to do before anyone can do anything.
    Aswell as the other top counties in the UN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Cartman is North korea and Kyle is America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3zSfUc-PaE
    HAHAHHAAHHAHHA That was funny XD BTW could you tell Saber to stop moving already?

N.Korea won't do it. They need missiles that can ACTUALLY HIT US to start with.

China might be their ally? But not by much. China is sick to death of N.Korea at this point. They have no allies. They DARE attack the us in anyway and there won't BE a North Korea anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    HAHAHHAAHHAHHA That was funny XD BTW could you tell Saber to stop moving already?
    I cant a friend made it for me and being funny made it vibrate.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

They been saying this for years. I'm calling their bluff.