PVP Class for people who can't dedicate a ton of time to WoW?

I enjoy PVPing, but unfortunately don't have a large amount of time to play WoW (/shakes fist at real world commitments). Because of that, I'm never going to reach the highest levels of PVP and won't have the amount of time needed to really excel at a class that has a high learning curve.

This question is not meant to flame or anything like that, but what I'd like to know is, for someone like me, who doesn't have a lot of time to play and just wants to PVP and improve over time, while still enjoying it, what kind of class offers that?

The last thing I want to do is PVP with a class that'll take me weeks/months to become good at, since I won't be able to dedicate the time and effort to reaching that level, and will end up just dieing over and over again until I get so frustrated that I give up. So for someone who isn't able to play a lot of WoW, what PVP class would offer that?

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Holy Paladin. Easy to pick up.

bm hunter or frost dk

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret/Holy paladin or DK. Very easy to learn the mechanics.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior before 5.2 xD

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    definitely bm hunter or frost dk. bm is liek a 3 button spam with cds...frost has a low beginner skill cap but a high skill cap to excel at. you can do very well as a fdk without understanding the intracies of the class...only thing is, if you do rbgs, you will likely be expected to tc, which can be very frustrating and demanding. it's a thankless, difficult job that requires a great deal of knowledge and anability to think on the fly. you could probably get away with not tcing, but most groups ecpect the dk to because of grip/gorefiends

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morictan View Post
    The last thing I want to do is PVP with a class that'll take me weeks/months to become good at, since I won't be able to dedicate the time and effort to reaching that level, and will end up just dieing over and over again until I get so frustrated that I give up. So for someone who isn't able to play a lot of WoW, what PVP class would offer that?
    If you CBA to spend time into PvP, then why bother? Every class will take you time to learn.

It's not like "Oh hey, this class is the easiest of all, play this and you'll be a GREAT player!".

No, it doesn't work like that.

Though if you're truly going for the class with the least highest skill floor (skill it takes to play a class from the start) I'd say retri as you don't have to maintain much. I see (F)DKs are being suggested, but IMO to play them optimally it requires you to pay attention to both their runes and runic power. But you could just play it the way many people do, by looking at the actionbar repeatedly.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    If you CBA to spend time into PvP, then why bother? Every class will take you time to learn.

It's not like "Oh hey, this class is the easiest of all, play this and you'll be a GREAT player!".

No, it doesn't work like that.

Though if you're truly going for the class with the least highest skill floor (skill it takes to play a class from the start) I'd say retri as you don't have to maintain much. I see (F)DKs are being suggested, but IMO to play them optimally it requires you to pay attention to both their runes and runic power. But you could just play it the way many people do, by looking at the actionbar repeatedly.
    This is why I suggested the fdk. YOu can kill stuff and do fairly decent damage by facerolling a fdk. Now, being good at a fdk is a completely different story. Managing 2 resource systems as well as maintaining dot uptimes and timing cds all while being the squishiest class in the game is very challenging. But for rolling in randoms with mediocre gear, they are probably the best melee class. Only class I would say is easier to manage if you're not tryign to compete at high levels is BM with TotH.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say any class, If you don't have the time to dedicate then it's not like you're going to do rated PvP, every class can be played easily, but it takes time to learn how to properly play a class, remember, this is a game so just choose the class you want to play and just do a little at a time

If you can keybind every ability and mouse turn you could pick up any class and spec as a casual player

10+ Year Old Account
    Retribution Paladins have their ups and downs, but since Wrath of the Lich King, have proven to have become extremely versatile adversaries. Sure, there are players who are just going to straight up shit on you no matter what, but I've always thought it was very rewarding to play a Retribution Paladin.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Retribution Paladins have their ups and downs, but since Wrath of the Lich King, have proven to have become extremely versatile adversaries. Sure, there are players who are just going to straight up shit on you no matter what, but I've always thought it was very rewarding to play a Retribution Paladin.
    Ret is way too cd dependent to be any good. Whe they have cds up, theyre decent, but when their cds are gone, they are shit. They have no sustained. Althoguh their offheals got a huge buff, so they may be viable again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I would say any class, If you don't have the time to dedicate then it's not like you're going to do rated PvP, every class can be played easily, but it takes time to learn how to properly play a class, remember, this is a game so just choose the class you want to play and just do a little at a time
    ^ fully agree. A lot of the time patches end up very gear dependent for PvP, so if you don't have the time to put into grinding gear doing arenas/bgs you'll probably see yourself getting killed a lot. Aside from that it comes down to just slowly learning your class. Some classes are more or less OP but they still require learning to play correctly, button mashing may work in some situations, but when paired against the same class played by someone who really knows their build you'll almost always lose. Try checking out Icy-Veins, Askmrrobot, and Noxxic (all websites, but I am not able to post links). They have great uses for stat priority, rotations, and reforging, along with giving you nice descriptions of your choices of glyphs etc. Other things like binds (q,e,r,t,f,g,h,z,x,c,v,+shift/alt modifiers,mousewheel up/down) and addons like HealersHaveToDie, BattlegroundTargets, and REtabbinder can help significantly in many situations.

If you don't feel like putting time into learning, harass one of your friends to become a pocket healer for you, or roll a hybrid spec. Holy Paladins are great at surviving and currently I can denounce/holy shock noobs to death while /lol'ing the 2 frost DKs running behind me desperately trying to CoI me even though its clear I've casted freedom. S-priests are a great hybrid class right now, they have nice heal talents, they pump damage through mostly dots and mind flay, and you recieve insta casts for one your strongest abilities all the time (mind blast). Feathering is great for flag carrying and fade is great against hunter pets. Three fear abilities to get melee off of you, void shift... the list goes on and on, and lots of classes have really great survivability talents, you just need to know when to use them and not let yourself fall victim to tunnel visioning.