Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    does anybody know if the new soul leech affects archimonde's vengeance negatively?
    Not exactly sure, however I can't see any reason to use AV as the other 2 talents are superior imo.

av bugs in so many fights and kjc is retarded overpowerd for pve and pvp so who in the right mind would use a talent that does 5% (in most cases doesn't) of the little stuff you get in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    Not exactly sure, however I can't see any reason to use AV as the other 2 talents are superior imo.
    I like AV and I won't give up on it. I just want to know if I should keep soul leech or change to another talent.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    1. Fake-duel someone with Soul Leech & AV
    2. Build Soul Leech without him attacking
    3. Make him attack you and see if he takes damage while you don't

Just tested Soul Leech, Archimonde's Vengeance, and Soul Link myself.

1. Soul Leech is used before any other absorbs (Twilight Ward, Sac Pact, priest/pally/monk, etc).
    2. Soul Leech (or any absorb for that matter) has no effect on AV. It will always deal damage.
    3. Burning Rush, Lifetap, and Sacrificial Pact still reduce your health with Soul Leech up. This is true for all absorbs.
    4. Without Soul Link active, AV did exactly 5% of damage taken.
    5. With Soul Link active, AV did 6.1% of damage taken.
    6. With Soul Link active, any damage you take reduces your Soul Leech by 100% of the damaging ability. It also reduces your pet's Soul Leech by 20% of the damaging ability.

The first five I assumed were true before my tests, but the last is interesting. I tested this multiple times by building up a 50k shield and letting a mob cast a spell at me. The spell would always hit for and reduce my leech shield 11500-12500, regardless of Soul Link being active or not. Then on top of that reduce the pet's shield by 1/5th the spell.

This means that Soul Leech has no positive effect on Soul Link. Sacrificial Pact is better on any fight that doesn't require you to use Dark Bargain.
    Last edited by Thoragar; 2013-03-10 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    Just tested Soul Leech, Archimonde's Vengeance, and Soul Link myself.

1. Soul Leech is used before any other absorbs (Twilight Ward, Sac Pact, priest/pally/monk, etc).
    2. Soul Leech (or any absorb for that matter) has no effect on AV. It will always deal damage.
    3. Burning Rush, Lifetap, and Sacrificial Pact still reduce your health with Soul Leech up. This is true for all absorbs.
    4. Without Soul Link active, AV did exactly 5% of damage taken.
    5. With Soul Link active, AV did 6.1% of damage taken.
    6. With Soul Link active, any damage you take reduces your Soul Leech by 100% of the damaging ability. It also reduces your pet's Soul Leech by 20% of the damaging ability.

The first five I assumed were true before my tests, but the last is interesting. I tested this multiple times by building up a 50k shield and letting a mob cast a spell at me. The spell would always hit for and reduce my leech shield 11500-12500, regardless of Soul Link being active or not. Then on top of that reduce the pet's shield by 1/5th the spell.

This means that Soul Leech has no positive effect on Soul Link. Sacrificial Pact is better on any fight that doesn't require you to use Dark Bargain.
    I'm not sure about your #3. I've been using Sac Pact in normal ToT and I've noticed since the soul link change that my health doesn't budge at all when I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'm not sure about your #3. I've been using Sac Pact in normal ToT and I've noticed since the soul link change that my health doesn't budge at all when I use it.
    That's because it takes 25% of your pet's health and gives you a shield for 400% of that. If you have no pet out at all, it'll sacrifice 25% of your health instead. This was the health drop that we noticed quite often last tier because we rarely used pets.

Also interestingly enough, it used to be 50% / 200% and got buffed to 25% / 400%. Just noticed that lol. Most pets have around 200k health so the absorb is only ~200k if you have a pet out, but its 500k+ if you don't which is an incredible absorb on a 1 minute cooldown. There are many burst raid damage mechanics on a 30-60s cooldown this tier, but its hilarious watching everyone else drop to 20% health and I'm still sitting at 90%+ after the damage is done.
    Last edited by Thoragar; 2013-03-10 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    That's because it takes 25% of your pet's health and gives you a shield for 400% of that. If you have no pet out at all, it'll sacrifice 25% of your health instead. This was the health drop that we noticed quite often last tier because we rarely used pets.

Also interestingly enough, it used to be 50% / 200% and got buffed to 25% / 400%. Just noticed that lol. Most pets have around 200k health so the absorb is only ~200k if you have a pet out, but its 500k+ if you don't which is an incredible absorb on a 1 minute cooldown. There are many burst raid damage mechanics on a 30-60s cooldown this tier, but its hilarious watching everyone else drop to 20% health and I'm still sitting at 90%+ after the damage is done.
    Pretty sure it was happening on the fights I was using Sac on, but /shrug. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

They need to make it work for Life tap

Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    They need to make it work for Life tap
    actually they should have given it to monk's healing elixirs. It heals you for 15% of your health after using a tea/brew every 18 seconds. It will proc EVEN if you are at full health, making this one of the most least used talents for the monks. if anything it should be an absorb and i've always wondered why they gave it to warlocks first and totally ignored monks esp when barely anyone uses healing elixirs

Deleted
    I hate that our pet steals half of our shield
    With GoSac I could keep my 500k shield almost constantly on Lei Shen in P1, with a pet this is impossible.

personally i like it, pve wise
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    Just solo'd Al'Akir as Destro, didn't have to heal my pet once. Before I had to spec into Affliction for the Soulburn heal, but now he literally absorbed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I hate that our pet steals half of our shield
    With GoSac I could keep my 500k shield almost constantly on Lei Shen in P1, with a pet this is impossible.
    Uhhhh... what? You get 10% of the damage you deal as a shield regardless of having a pet sacced or not. The only reason why sac would give you a slightly larger shield is because you deal more damage, not because you had to share the shield with your pet. It doesn't "steal half of our shield"

Deleted
    Well just tested it and looks like you're right
    Then its weird that we generate twice more shield when a pet is out (X on us and X on the pet).

I am at work with no access to the game client. Is Soul Leech an active talent now? If you sac your pet how does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Well just tested it and looks like you're right
    Then its weird that we generate twice more shield when a pet is out (X on us and X on the pet).
    Now use it with soul link!

Deleted
    Now use it with soul link!
    Nah I need my dear anti-fail cooldown named Dark Bargain. Plus I need it to soul stone myself before wiping too so I can rez the raid