av bugs in so many fights and kjc is retarded overpowerd for pve and pvp so who in the right mind would use a talent that does 5% (in most cases doesn't) of the little stuff you get in?
1. Fake-duel someone with Soul Leech & AV
2. Build Soul Leech without him attacking
3. Make him attack you and see if he takes damage while you don't
Just tested Soul Leech, Archimonde's Vengeance, and Soul Link myself.
1. Soul Leech is used before any other absorbs (Twilight Ward, Sac Pact, priest/pally/monk, etc).
2. Soul Leech (or any absorb for that matter) has no effect on AV. It will always deal damage.
3. Burning Rush, Lifetap, and Sacrificial Pact still reduce your health with Soul Leech up. This is true for all absorbs.
4. Without Soul Link active, AV did exactly 5% of damage taken.
5. With Soul Link active, AV did 6.1% of damage taken.
6. With Soul Link active, any damage you take reduces your Soul Leech by 100% of the damaging ability. It also reduces your pet's Soul Leech by 20% of the damaging ability.
The first five I assumed were true before my tests, but the last is interesting. I tested this multiple times by building up a 50k shield and letting a mob cast a spell at me. The spell would always hit for and reduce my leech shield 11500-12500, regardless of Soul Link being active or not. Then on top of that reduce the pet's shield by 1/5th the spell.
This means that Soul Leech has no positive effect on Soul Link. Sacrificial Pact is better on any fight that doesn't require you to use Dark Bargain.
Last edited by Thoragar; 2013-03-10 at 10:38 AM.
Also interestingly enough, it used to be 50% / 200% and got buffed to 25% / 400%. Just noticed that lol. Most pets have around 200k health so the absorb is only ~200k if you have a pet out, but its 500k+ if you don't which is an incredible absorb on a 1 minute cooldown. There are many burst raid damage mechanics on a 30-60s cooldown this tier, but its hilarious watching everyone else drop to 20% health and I'm still sitting at 90%+ after the damage is done.
Last edited by Thoragar; 2013-03-10 at 08:25 PM.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson
I hate that our pet steals half of our shield
With GoSac I could keep my 500k shield almost constantly on Lei Shen in P1, with a pet this is impossible.
Just solo'd Al'Akir as Destro, didn't have to heal my pet once. Before I had to spec into Affliction for the Soulburn heal, but now he literally absorbed everything.
Well just tested it and looks like you're right
Then its weird that we generate twice more shield when a pet is out (X on us and X on the pet).
I am at work with no access to the game client. Is Soul Leech an active talent now? If you sac your pet how does it work?
Nah I need my dear anti-fail cooldown named Dark Bargain. Plus I need it to soul stone myself before wiping too so I can rez the raidNow use it with soul link!