Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbeth View Post
    this looks like it was made around the time they built the pyramids..

I get it, apparently it was a huge hit back in the day but i think it's just lazy cash crab. They should make a sequel or a remake instead of tying a corpse to a pole to make it look alive again.

Wo Lo Looooo!

Quote Originally Posted by lizbeth View Post
    Take my money NOW!!!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Wo Lo Looooo!
    I approve of this message.

Well I'll be picking this up even though I have my discs and I cans till run it on my computer lol, I spent at least 500+ hours playing this game when I was younger.

I really liked Age of Empires and Age of Empires 2. Too bad Ghostcrawler killed the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    AoE2 has a following greater than your wildest imagination if you really mean what you say here. It's still widely considered to be the best Age of-game ever, and among some of the RTS overall as well. A LOT of people are wanting this to happen.
    I'm so happy. I can't express this in enough words.

HD intro video please.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

I... Don't see any improvements except for the water... And will the workshop really be used? This game isn't exactly that popular nowadays.

Still an excellent game, but I don't really notice the difference in graphics as being so huge that it was worth reworking for it. Guess they'll still get my money, though.

Good game but this seems like an unecessary purchase for me. Good for the people that are excited though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I... Don't see any improvements except for the water... And will the workshop really be used? This game isn't exactly that popular nowadays.
    You'll be in for a surprise me thinks.

Still waiting on my Age of Mythology II game.

If they changed the engine drastically, they'd also completely mess up the original gameplay.
    How would altering a graphics engine mess up the original gameplay?

Seriously though, calling this a HD remake is a bit of a stretch. Well, yes it's HD in the sense that it supports HD resolutions, but when I read HD, I imagine the textures being revamped too. I'll stick to the original AoE 2 if I need my fix.. thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice and all but id rather see an HD aom

Deleted
    i still play old aoe2 in unis pc lab...lan! haha this is gonna be even better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    nice and all but id rather see an HD aom
    Age of Mythology doesn't need a HD version yet. It needs a sequel. Gief Middle-Age RTS, all the cannons and spaceships in Age of Empires III and Starcraft 2 is making me hunger for monsters and swords!

Deleted
    I approve of this message.
    hide your priests, hide your relics, hide your wonder...cause they all coming to get ya

ALSO WO LO LO!!

http://youtu.be/tSZRAlSLQsk
    Last edited by mmocf391b05d2d; 2013-03-08 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    19€ is much for a game that is remade in HD(1920x1080 resolutions) and not just scaled up like a silly goose? Also it is now optimized for Win7/8, I can't play my AoE2 on my Windows 7, it just crashes, tried searching online but nothing worked.

This is the best Strategy game in the existence, it's been what, 14 years since its release? Many, MANY people grew up playing this game, I told my raid about this(25m) last night just as raid ended, a lot of people were excited.

Also as a nice bonus, the HD edition contains the expansion too
    There are already patches out to play it with full resolution, no scaling.

Infact, if you check out the unofficial expansion, Forgotten Empires, it has balancing changes, new races, pop cap increase, widescreen patch all baked in.
    This "HD" remake is actually feeble compared to Forgotten Empires. But hopefully it will be easy for them to re-release Forgotten Empires on Steam Workshop..

You'll be in for a surprise me thinks.
    Lets hope for that, I guess. If the AoE 2 community will be revived thanks to this - I'll be happy. But I'm rather skeptical, haven't seen threads about this game on different forums for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Lets hope for that, I guess. If the AoE 2 community will be revived thanks to this - I'll be happy. But I'm rather skeptical, haven't seen threads about this game on different forums for a long time.
    Steam Community will form, the game is exclusively on Steam and it is incorporated with Steam Multiplayer(eg. invite friends right from Steam) and Steam Workshop for custom maps, this will make the game SO GODDAMN GOOD, browse player-made maps freely in the workshop and play them, can't wait <3.

Guys. Don't worry about the graphics.

It's on steam now.

That means...

CONVINIENT MULTIPLAYER.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."