Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    This looks like it was made around the time they built the pyramids..

I get it, apparently it was a huge hit back in the day but I think it's just lazy cash crab. They should make a sequel or a remake instead of tying a corpse to a pole to make it look alive again.
    I dunno this was a great game Iwould really hate to see sequels unless they can stay true to the original and maintain roughly the same Visuals/UI
    In my opinion I would rather see a shit ton of new expansion packs adding new scenarios/civilizations/historical events as well as revisiting the civilizations found in the first age of empires game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw that the last time I logged into Steam, and almost had a heart attack lol. I was really big into that game when I first got into the Navy...we'd have LAN parties and stuff. I may have to buy the 4-pack and get some friends in on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

So... they changed the maximum resolution, which takes all of 30 seconds for anyone to do by downloading a FREE mod and are reselling it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXgF6VdTP84

19 dollars is pretty expensive for a game this old.

Deleted
    Well, this seems neat, but at the same time Forgotten Empires sort of gave me what i needed already when it comes to AoE2. I might get it though, if friends get it, then we'll be able to do some multiplayer stuff. But so far it looks as if i'll stick with the unofficial expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Age of Mythology doesn't need a HD version yet. It needs a sequel. Gief Middle-Age RTS, all the cannons and spaceships in Age of Empires III and Starcraft 2 is making me hunger for monsters and swords!
    That's absolutely hilarious considering there are far, far, FAR more games on the market right now that are high fantasy than there are sci-fi, especially RTS games. I'm pining for the exact opposite of you - GIEF MOAR SCI-FI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Gonna wait when it's below 5 buck.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That's absolutely hilarious considering there are far, far, FAR more games on the market right now that are high fantasy than there are sci-fi, especially RTS games. I'm pining for the exact opposite of you - GIEF MOAR SCI-FI.
    Indeed, we could use a really good sci-fi RTS, competition is highly needed.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post

The trailer says everything anyone would need to know about this.

*runs around screaming like the kid who got this for his 12th birthday!*

Edit:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/

10% off until launch!
    I might have a visual impairment but I still think it looks terrible =p
    But I've had a lot of fun with AoE2, A LOT.

I wonder why they do this for AoE2 and nothing for AoE3

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Indeed, we could use a really good sci-fi RTS, competition is highly needed.
    I remember a time when there were plenty of RTS games, it was a better time

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I wonder why they do this for AoE2 and nothing for AoE3
    AoE2 has a lot more followers than AoE3. Besides, AoE3 runs well enough on today's systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halleluyer!

But for real this game was played for hours on end from when it launched up until...oh about 3 years ago. Very excited!

Man, they add in working multiplayer and remove comparability issues and all people can focus on is whining about how the game isn't Battlefield level graphics.

Plus according to MS there's more to be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    So... they changed the maximum resolution, which takes all of 30 seconds for anyone to do by downloading a FREE mod and are reselling it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXgF6VdTP84
    That mod doesn't make the UI smaller, half your screen is taken up by the bottom bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resies pretty much summed it up. Working multiplayer and no comp. issues alone is already making the game worth the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever thought with the money they'll make from this that they could make another Age of Empires? If it's a cash grab fair enough, you're indirectly (directly maybe? XD) funding them towards future projects if you think about it.
    Hey everyone

I'd be fine with another AoE game.

HD "remakes" should be handed out for free to people who bought the original game back in the day.
    Otherwise, it does come out as a half-assed attempt at cashing in nostalgia.

Deleted
    So, where's the HD? I hardly see any upgrade.

If this gains enough sales, and they did create a new AoE game, I hope it is nothing like AoE3, which was a horrible game compared to 2. Only thing I liked about AoE3 was the Warchiefs expansion. I would always play the Lakota, although not having any walls available for construction sucked.

Although 19 bucks is a bit high. I can get the original for 9 (which is what I did a few years ago, as I had lost my original ones).

After having this out for a few months now:
    http://www.forgottenempires.net/
    I gotta say I think it's just a cash grab. At least the online play will have better support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that went through my head when I saw this first: Shut up and take my money