Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

running around like a little girl screaming.

this is the best news to me in years. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    HD is a fucking resolution, not graphics texture quality. People need to get over the whole HD nonsense and realize that this is a direct remake without any enhancements, and the game is just as fun without the need for visual improvements.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the fix to multiplayer alone is amazing.

And then the compatibilty on top of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Jizz'd a little upon hearing about it.
    It was an insta-buy.
    This game stole my childhood, and I'm keen to replay it again and actually have some online competition.
    KEEEEN!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Yes yes yes yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss
    /worship the gods of 2D games...
    My favourite game and it comes in HD!!! Wooohooooo Can't wait!

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    HD is a fucking resolution, not graphics texture quality. People need to get over the whole HD nonsense and realize that this is a direct remake without any enhancements, and the game is just as fun without the need for visual improvements.
    Yeah try playing the game on widescreen monitor smarty pants. Game offers max resolution 1280*1024. My monitor has 1920*1080. So when I play old game I either get stretched game or I play it with black bars on each side without even using all my 1080 vertical lines...
    Even if they just make it possible to play it on max resolution on today's monitors it will be awesome, but as I see you didn't watch video so you don't know they are improving particle engine, physics engine and so on...

Deleted
    Glad to hear it.
    Now make a Heroes of Might and Magic 3 HD Edition

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    I asked this question earlier, how on earth would improved graphics alter the gameplay?
    The graphics are part of the charm. If they changed them too much, I wouldn't get the updated version if they made the graphics look like Age of Empires III for example.

And just think about multiplayer.... right now you need to play through hamachi if you want to play multiplayer in AoE2 and you also need friends to play against. I hope they will make somewhat matchmaking system so you are matched with others...

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    And just think about multiplayer.... right now you need to play through hamachi if you want to play multiplayer in AoE2 and you also need friends to play against. I hope they will make somewhat matchmaking system so you are matched with others...
    Matchmaking is confirmed.

I am very happy that it will look similar to the 2d Age of Kings

I would definitely NOT buy it if it looked like Age of Empires 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    19€ is much for a game that is remade in HD(1920x1080 resolutions) and not just scaled up like a silly goose? Also it is now optimized for Win7/8, I can't play my AoE2 on my Windows 7, it just crashes, tried searching online but nothing worked.

This is the best Strategy game in the existence, it's been what, 14 years since its release? Many, MANY people grew up playing this game, I told my raid about this(25m) last night just as raid ended, a lot of people were excited.

Also as a nice bonus, the HD edition contains the expansion too
    If it's any help, I run AoE2 Conquerers Expansion fine on Win 7 thanks to a hint from another forum.

Run it at highest resolution

Start AoE
    Go into Task Manager CRTL+SHIFT+ESC
    In the Processes Tab shut down Explorer.exe - don't worry, no harm done
    Go back to the applications tab and get AoE going again, the graphics etc will be perfect - no blood red lakes etc.

When you have finished, restore Explorer.exe

Hope this works in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bribie G View Post
    If it's any help, I run AoE2 Conquerers Expansion fine on Win 7 thanks to a hint from another forum.

Start AoE
    Go back to the applications tab and get AoE going again, the graphics etc will be perfect - no blood red lakes etc.

This is why it's nice to have a remake. Save messing around with stuff.

Deleted

Start AoE

this is how I've been running it for years
    the only tempting bit for me here is the multiplayer, but I'm not sure if its worth the pricetag.

also, nerf trebuchets :P the amount of times ive spent ages building up a cool looking defense, then some ferk with a trebuchet destroys it way out of range of my towers, leaving my defenses in rubble!
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2013-03-13 at 11:54 AM.

Halberdiers from barracks built near defences are fast moving, cheap cannon fodder that don't use any gold - sic 'em trebuchets boys.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Ensemble don't exist anymore, these guys aren't the same developers.
    Hidden Path includes former Ensemble Studios devs

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Hidden Path includes former Ensemble Studios devs
    Interesting, didn't know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halberdiers from barracks built near defences are fast moving, cheap cannon fodder that don't use any gold - sic 'em trebuchets boys.
    This, plus they're the hard counter to paladin-massing players who think they can win just like that It's quite fun to trade my wood and food for their gold and food, and still not lose all my units in the process.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    This, plus they're the hard counter to paladin-massing players who think they can win just like that It's quite fun to trade my wood and food for their gold and food, and still not lose all my units in the process.
    Yea, anyone can comfortable get a huge army inn the game by just having alot of farms (Build 3 towncenters asap as you hit Castle Age) and wood cutters. Pretty fun to just spam units endlessly :P

Trough I mostly like to play as Vikings on water maps. I'm absolutely beast vs PC AI on thoes maps. Did a few maps where I had a 6 doubble score (eg they had 1k total score, I had 6 as an example) and only lost like 15-20 units, or where I go for a relic win and end the game inn about 45 mins game time/fast. PC AI kinda sucks inn AOE2 at times, and then other maps it absolutely can ruin you (Arabia is still a challenge for me). Best maps for me are defiantly Islands, Baltic (Walling off the sides) and other similar games. I don't understand why Dark Forest is played so much online.

But I guess any RTS game has cheesy tactics, that makes winning againts the PC AI easy. Can't quit recall it was this easy inn Warcraft III, witch I have played alot. I always feelt inn that game it was more about having a huge army, and hero level, where inn AOE2 I can win againts the computer with ½ a big army as they do.

Edit: On the topic off spamming...Once had a game where I made over 900 units before I had a win...Was a map where there was barely any gold so coulden't make anything really xD Well 2 relics helps.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-03-14 at 09:18 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite map is still Nomad. *shrug*

Really love that map.

Personally I don't understand why people keep complaining about the price.

If you loved the game so much, £14 is nothing. Absolutely nothing.

AoE2 and AoE2: TC were the best RTS games of all time, hands fucking down. OF ALL TIME
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18