Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    AoE2 and AoE2: TC were the best RTS games of all time, hands fucking down. OF ALL TIME

I agree. It even aged well, so it dosen't feel lack luster. Warcraft and SC, and Red alert are imo the only franshices that can even compare
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    How many people are playing AoE HD now?

No one. It doesn't release for another 2-3 weeks.

Bought Age of Mythology GOLD the other day from Amazon. Been playing it like mad.

Literally cannot wait for this.

This is awesome. You don't know how many times I've said to myself "I wish I still had my AoE 2" in the past year.

In a way I'm (slightly) disappointed that it's only a graphics improvement. I'm not saying there should be any drastic changes but the game in it's final patch still had a lot of balance changes that could have been made.

15+ Year Old Account
    Me and my friends have been playing AoE2 for ~10+ years now and it never gets old (well, my brothers all paladin armies do). Its funny that even with our more powerful computers the game still lags out all the time. Just earlier today we got our asses kicked in a 3v3 hardest conquest in Scandinavia, they just advance so damn quickly. I'm hoping that since AoE2 HD will be build with more powerful processors and such in mind that the AI won't lag nearly as much on those larger battles.

IT's supposed to be optimized with newer systems in mind, so hopefully that's been taken into consideration as well. It would really be a bad moneygrab if it wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone loves 2. Am I the only one that liked 3 more then 2?
    Aye mate

I thought 3 was decent, but I still like 2 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    IT's supposed to be optimized with newer systems in mind, so hopefully that's been taken into consideration as well. It would really be a bad moneygrab if it wasn't.
    This! I can barely play 2v1 without the lag. Hope that is looked into.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair I liked the original AoE (with Rise of Rome xpac) more than AoE 2 when 2 released. I liked the ancient cultures theme more than the medieval. The drawback then (and even more now) was the massive difference in AI quality between the two. AoE 2's AI was so much better and enjoyable to play with than AoE 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know, but I think the original game is still available here for ~5$ - so its just an investment in multiplayer or graphics (that dont look that much different)

but when I see the euphoria in this thread... wow, great idea...
    about time companies learn, how to abuse nostalgia...

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Everyone loves 2. Am I the only one that liked 3 more then 2?
    I liked 3. Civs in 3 felt more diverse. I like Total War more than AoE though.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    one of the best RTS ever, can't wait for it to be revived.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is sweet, would have been better still if it had up to date graphics, but I'm not complaining.

Does anyone remember the custom maps like Hero fest and Ultimate blood? I would kill to have those files back on my pc, they were awesome
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Uhm, doesn't look like they did much to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Yeah, would be nice to be able to get colors working correctly in W7 without shutting of explorer.exe.

Well, it appears they'll be streaming gameplay from the remake tomorrow at 12PDT on http://www.twitch.tv/ageofempires . Will be interesting to see how it runs.

http://da.twitch.tv/ageofempires

45 mins from the time of this post, if my timezone calculations are correct.

Deleted
    Can't wait to play this game in multiplayer mode with my friends , this game is still one of the best RTS for me.