10+ Year Old Account

Changes to cross realm grouping

Helloes,

me and my boyfriend play on different servers, we are both level 90 and like to group up, for rare killing or dailies or whatever. Previously if I invited him, he would appear on my realm because I had the leader and I was the one doing the inviting. After the patch we can't do anything - regardless of which one of us invites and has the leader we stay on his server and his server only, the only way to play on my realm is to invite another person from my realm. Were there some hidden changes? Because surely if there were only two people in the party, you used to play on the server of the person who was doing the inviting and had the leader. Or did I miss some blue posts...

I don't remember reading anything, but it may be an issue or "feature" of the Isle of Thunder-- a guild member was having the same issue last night.

I know that Blizzard stated, back when CRZ was first announced, that populous zones would not be flagged for CRZ, and Pandaria was (allegedly) not CRZ-active when it first released. We may be seeing the same thing here.

Which would be weird, since CRZ and cross-realm grouping are supposed to be separate. All of Pandaria is CRZ-free, but you can x-realm group all you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Which would be weird, since CRZ and cross-realm grouping are supposed to be separate. All of Pandaria is CRZ-free, but you can x-realm group all you want.
    Yeah, that's my hesitation in calling it an existing "feature behavior" or "policy." It's certainly odd, but may reflect the attitude we saw with the Pandaria CRZ behavior. The Island is still a little bit laggy and oddly-behaving at time, so it's hard to say for sure if it's intentional.

10+ Year Old Account
    We get the same issue in every zone where we were fine previously. I am sitting in valley of the four winds on my server, The Sha'tar Eu and I invite him from his server - Outland - Eu. Ofc I port to Outland instead of him teleporting to Sha'tar like before -.-. Really sucks. I tried helping a few people hunt some rare mobs as I am from a low population server. I can't get anyone to mine unless I invite the 3rd person :/

Ofc I opened a ticket etc, was just wondering if this was an announced change and I missed some news posts.
    Last edited by Snaige; 2013-03-07 at 10:04 PM.

Maybe its a EU realm thing? I am on the US realms I have done 2 nights of dailies on the isle of thunder with my 2 accounts via CRZ. 1st toon on a PvE server invites my toon on another PvP server and my 2nd toon gets onto the PvE realm via CRZ no problem.

Remember you have to do it through real-id.

Is it still working like before on other zones of pandaria? Maybe its just something from the new area...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Is it still working like before on other zones of pandaria? Maybe its just something from the new area...
    We tested in capital city, valley of the four winds, new daily quest island and krasang wilds. So I assume all...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if it defaults to the higher pop server if equal number of ppl are in the group. That would be my best guess at first glance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aha apparently today's blue post says:
    There is a purposeful non-specific determination in who is taken to which realm in order to dissuade large groups of people from intentionally targeting a single realm for nefarious activities. Unfortunately it does have the side effect of impacting some of the good uses for cross-realm play, like inviting a friend to help with something that exists on one realm but not the other.

I am very sad. What is the use of cross realm grouping now if the good use is gone....

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 12:28 PM ----------

Also just got a gm reply to my ticket:
    With the release of patch 5.2, players of the same level who join a cross realm group will be automatically moved to the realm of the player in the group with the lowest population.

Talk about clueless gamemasters >.< I guess news take a while to reach EU staff