Thread: Tier 60 Talents

Tier 60 Talents

By them introducing Cloak and Dagger, why would anyone choose shadow step over that. There is a immediate action vs shadow step then cheap shot/garrote etc.

I am wondering if they will end up getting rid of it because there is zero reason to keep it. the 70% increased speed for 2 seconds doesn't really seem worth it.

The only thing I can think people would still is shadow step is that you can shadow step friendly targets, so that may save you in arena, but still not worth it imo.

Thoughts on this? Their goal of 5.2 in almost all the class balances was to make some talents more attractive and reducing others, but doesn't this change make shadow step completely useless?

10+ Year Old Account
    You need step if you want to teleport without being in stealth/Shadow Dance. Just sayin'.

Shadowstep is more versatile.

Shadowstep + interrupt... can't do that with cloak and dagger without introducing a stun/silence dr.

I didnt take into account the other specs i guess. For sub it seems the obvious choice. I am not well versd with combat or assasin.

So without shadow dance, shadow step would be the better option?

Cause shadow dance then garrote would serve the purpose for interrupting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, of the 3, Cloak and Dagger suits Sub the most.
    Go into a Shadow Dance spambush spree- and auto port behind and within range of target EVERY Ambush? (And garrote and cheapshot) Makes the burst potential/security of the spec far more potent.
    For assass its optional I feel. Either or to suit playstyle.
    Combat, currently my preferred spec, I think step, or even Burst of Speed all the way. Personally running Step cause I'm a diehard, but Combat makes BoS SEXY.

Don't forget- Using garrote adds a silence DR. Kick does not.
    Last edited by Creed; 2013-03-07 at 09:56 PM.

That is true, but you could also ambush the target and kick since the teleport and ambush are instant.

10+ Year Old Account
    You /could/ But I wouldn't want to waste a Shadow Dance just to ambush-step my focus target and use kick...

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    You /could/ But I wouldn't want to waste a Shadow Dance just to ambush-step my focus target and use kick...
    That would be amazing for hard switching to a healer in arena's, shit out damage until their lockout is over, then CS them.

I think there is a good and bad side to everything.

The disadvantage of C&D (other than the cd being essentially longer) is that you tie your only real burst move to your mobility.

People who don't play sub will not take this talent

No one is going to take this shit talent. Shadow step can be used on enemy and friendly targets regardless of stealth, and doesn't DR anything.

Step is still better even for sub, simply due to the requirement that you need to be stealthed to use C&D or in dance, in which case you're being rooted to shit anyway.

So you sacrifice on demand mobility for situational mobility, which isn't a great swap in my opinion.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Cloak and Dagger is someway good for Sub and solo play (teleport built into openers, easier shadowdanc management); also, i need to try it on a mob, if it lets to actually use shadow dance as ambush spam with a single mob.

Given this, Shadowstep is way more versatile and even if on a CD, you can use it whenever you want and also in friendly targets.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosm View Post
    Shadow step can be used on enemy and friendly targets regardless of stealth, and doesn't DR anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    The disadvantage of C&D (other than the cd being essentially longer) is that you tie your only real burst move to your mobility.
    These two comments really describe the prime issue with C&D. It can't be used defensively, unless you want to completely convert your "kill them" ability into an "oh-god-CC-them-all" ability with C&D, whereas shadowstep leaves you more options. C&D makes your burst button harder to [run from]/more versatile (why not silence the healer mid-ShD?) but it comes at the cost of the iconic mobility use of the rogue class in PvP.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-03-08 at 07:15 PM. Reason: phrase changed, see below

Shadow Step all the way. Those that are saying it makes burst "harder" to peel is false, all it takes is ONE root/nova etc to peel you off and with mages spamming 0974398742398 roots that's not hard (both moves suffer from this however C&D provides no benefit out of vanish/stealth/ShD etc) which gimps the whole point of C&D. Step is versatile, on demand with little to no "requirement" or being chained to any ability. Freedom of offensive/defensive mobility switching will always win.
    I would agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.