Deleted

What can we do as players to help retribution get fixed on PvP?

Hello guys.

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of retribution paladins out there that are feeling bad about how his class is doing right now on PvP. Everyone agrees that it needs changes and it looks like Blizzard is just ignoring it (GC said that "rets are balanced because Holy spec is OP", the fuck does that mean?) and probably wait for 6.0 to make major changes.

My question is, what can we do as a group of players to make Blizzard realize our spec is completely UP compared to every other dps spec on the game? (not compared to every other spec of course, but almost).

Is there any official post to share my thoughts about this and make Blizzard see it? Where do I sign? What can I/we do?

I know this is not the official forums but I'm sure there's as much people here as on the official forums and since I use MMO-C a lot I thought it wouldn't hurt to post this here.

try to make blizz understand that ret is dps class and holy is healer and its not easy to make dpa play as a healer coz holy OP its not like fire mage is bad coz frost is OP if u fire or frost mage u play dps but as a paladin if ret bad and blizz force u to play holy u go from dps to healer

15+ Year Old Account
    The first thing you can do is play it... even if it sucks. That will give them data to work with.

Secondly, instead of nerd raging on the official forums, provide data and present as many variables as you can, such as a spread sheet comparison between other melee classes.

An example would be something I did back when the pre-mop patch came out and holy paladins were gods among orcs. I provided data i collected from my lvl 70 twink, me 85 main, and an weak little lvl 12 paladin dressed in all whites to show that holy shock was killing babies and raping mothers. Not saying I pitched the ball to the nerf bat but I gave blizzard something more than the 900 posts each day that said (literally, its why I even bothered to post data) "OMFG HS IS OP FIX IT QQ"

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    try to make blizz understand that ret is dps class and holy is healer and its not easy to make dpa play as a healer coz holy OP its not like fire mage is bad coz frost is OP if u fire or frost mage u play dps but as a paladin if ret bad and blizz force u to play holy u go from dps to healer
    blizz don't force u... social norms that exist within the game force u. Otherwise, rbg teams would allow ret paladins in their games or blizz would not allow hybrids to dps in a bg since teams need heals (referring to tier 1-3 in vanilla on that ideology).

But I agree on the dps -> dps vs. dps -> heals. One just switches up the rotation while the other is like apple to orange.

Deleted
    Thanks for the input Masterpd85.

I'm gonna still keep playing ret, I love the spec and I don't enjoy as much any other class in the whole game, also I'm still very ungeared so that has a lot to do.

How did you gather your information? Did you take screenshots or did some kind of spread sheet on excel?

rets is pretty good shape atm id say. The changes while only small were just enough to put us up there. Some classes I still think need toning down ( All casters pretty much) but we are alot better off than before.

Get some gear first or your going to be targeted and blown up.

Just going back from live, ret is doing okay i think. The mechanics works, heals are good, kiting/bursting while healing comrades is good, spec plays really well...I had fun!
    What is mind? No matter.
    What is matter? Never mind.

I'd love to see GC actually put his ridiculous theory to the test by nerfing Holy into the ground and watch him be completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I'd love to see GC actually put his ridiculous theory to the test by nerfing Holy into the ground and watch him be completely wrong.
    Yeah Blizzard is full of it on this topic. Arguing that ret has low representation at high ratings, because holy is so good, is complete nonsense. Why? Because high ranked pvpers don't just switch specs for a better one, top pvpers are willing to switch classes as well. Only mediocre players would go from ret to holy, jut because everyone wants holy; strong PvPers either stick to what they like or switch completely.

The whole going holy because everyone wants you to is a phenomenon confined to mediocre PvP. A top PvPer doesn't go from one spec to another depending on what's good in a season, they go all out and switch class, or even race and profession if they have to. I don't see Vanguards playing Holy, I see him playing different classes completely.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2013-03-08 at 04:44 AM.

The day they stop balancing everything around pvp is the day this game gets back to it's sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    The first thing you can do is play it... even if it sucks. That will give them data to work with.
    Not really.

According to a tweet from like two or three days ago, the nerfs/buffs are based simply on the class' representation. So if you want ret buffed, don't play it.

It's stupid, but it's what GC said.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're going to keep 5.2 Ret PvP talk in this thread to keep things organized.

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!