Deleted

Rogue is faster without mount!

This is possible since Burst of Speed doesn't break Stealth any more and is also spammable due to it's low 30 energy cost.
    You also need the talent nightstalker, which does stack multiplicatively with other speed increase abilities.
    I don't know if a boot enchant or anything else would increase movement speed even more.

Calculation: 100% * 1.2 * 1.7 = 204%

1.2 comes from the 20% of nightstalker, 1.7 comes from 70% of burst of speed
    Nightstalker works differently (it stacks multiplicatively), probably due to where it came from traditionally: it used to reduce stealth movement speed penalty, which was not considered a speed increase.

That's 4% faster than a rogue on a mount or most other mounted classes, and it's permanent. Outside of BG's or Arenas, that one guild perk still makes mounted players faster though.

It's fun to use it in the Alterac BG :-) If you have good pathing, you can stay ahead of most other players with our +4%, if they are not DK or Pala or have some exotic item or skill (hunters with glyph?).
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-03-08 at 12:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boot enchant+speed meta, also, quickening?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    I'm not sure, I guess most things are excluded from stacking.
    Rogue is not my main, only my 3rd or 4th char, so my interest in further testing this is rather limited, but that's what the real rogues are here for

Anyway, it's just a fun fact without a real balance impact, and I think it's a "first time" for this game, that someone can be permanently faster by foot than by ground mount.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-03-07 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted
    Can I have your gold?

Infracted: spam
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-03-08 at 09:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    I'm not sure, I guess most things are excluded from stacking.
    Rogue is not my main, only my 3rd or 4th char, so my interest in further testing this is rather limited, but that's what the real rogues are here for

Anyway, it's just a fun fact without a real balance impact.
    Not unless they changed it. As a druid, I could get up to 264% speed boost with Dash, a 70% movement speed boost up in arenas. Granted, there was 1*1.15*1.15*1.25*1.08*1.06*1.7, or alot, but you could probably get around 218% or so movement speed while stealthed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Not unless they changed it. As a druid, I could get up to 264% speed boost with Dash, a 70% movement speed boost up in arenas. Granted, there was 1*1.15*1.15*1.25*1.08*1.06*1.7, or alot, but you could probably get around 218% or so movement speed while stealthed.
    Permanently, meaning for an infinite duration?

Outside of BGs and Arenas (where you may not even want those talents), the guild perk Mount Up makes ground mounts faster at 220%.

Deleted
    Yeh, this 204% thing is obviously limited to certain conditions and it's also not a big deal.

Maybe we'll se a glyph of burst of speed at some point, which increases BoS speed by an additional 30%, like the current glyph of sprint.
    If all PvP players go for Step, this might happen, as blizz always tries to make talents a choice and not a no brainer ;-)
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-03-08 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I've gotten used to my free attack from stealth, so I'm not switching, but boy am I happy they made this usable while stealthed now.

Sorry but 204% is only faster than mount speed if you are in some super low level guild. My ground mount speed is 220%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Sorry but 204% is only faster than mount speed if you are in some super low level guild. My ground mount speed is 220%.
    In BGs, 200% is the highest you can go, unless you are a paladin/dk/glyphed hunter.

And no, not permanently, although with Travel Form, i was permanently at 215% speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    In BGs, 200% is the highest you can go, unless you are a paladin/dk/glyphed hunter.

And no, not permanently, although with Travel Form, i was permanently at 215% speed.
    Ugh so you would pvp with BoS and nightstalker? Sounds like an absolutely horrid plan... which is why I assumed he just meant running around on the new island.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Ugh so you would pvp with BoS and nightstalker? Sounds like an absolutely horrid plan... which is why I assumed he just meant running around on the new island.
    Damn Sess you elitist prick ^_^.

Oh and I'm back!
    Last edited by sabrelime; 2013-03-08 at 09:48 AM.

Deleted
    kinda related:

theres this cake that you can get from one of the vendors in kun lai that increases speed movement speed by 10% and it stacks on top of any other movement bonus. when I hit all cooldowns and used the cake I was faster on ground than anybody on a flying mount

Also related: The nightstalker talent will stack with pretty much everything, including the Saurok suit meaning you travel at 240% speed with that whilst in stealth.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Oh wow, good info. I'll definatly use this to my advantage in the treasure chamber

Deleted
    Being a night elf rulez.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Oh wow, good info. I'll definatly use this to my advantage in the treasure chamber
    rogues have lots of good tools for the treasure scenario.

Spec night stalker + BoS, glyph sprint, and glyph stealth (shorter stealth cd = more time in stealth benefitting from nightstalker). I also specced elusiveness in case I was forced to trigger a trap. In the rare event that you actually have to kill anything, combat's restless blades will bring sprint up sooner for even more benefit. Marked for death is probably an ideal level 90 talent (instant 10sec off sprint and the MfD cd is reset when you kill the mob, again if you have to kill anything).