Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

So how far is your raid and how difficult was it?

Tonight we killed Primordius in 25 man, leaving us at 8/12 after roughly 8 hours of raiding spread over two days.

The first 5 bosses fell pretty easily, but i feel like once you reach Ji'kun the difficulty steps up a bit. We killed ji'kun, Durumu and primordius in tonights raid and Primordius were (imo) the hardest of all the bosses we have killed so far (which makes sense since he is the boss furthest in the raid).

The trash can be a pain in the ass, but alot fun happens when you wipe more on trash than on certain bosses ;p

Have anyone killed several bosses on 10 and 25 and can comment on which felt harder?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    We are 11/12 in 10 man atm, and I felt like the entire place was a bit too easy for a fully heroic geared guild. Granted it is normal modes, but many of the encounters could be bruteforced by simply dpsing the boss hard and halfassing or ignoring the mechanics. Half the bosses I still have no clue what they do, because we didnt really need a real strategy to kill them. Most bosses down in a few pulls, and we didn't raid on the PTR at all.

It seems to be a fun tier, but I think I will enjoy the challenge from doing heroic modes next week a lot more.

I've done the first 5 (working on Megaera) on my lock on 10m main raid, and done the first 3 on my h pally in a 4-hour pug 25m raid. For reference, my guild was 14/16H in T14 - 2 night a week guild - avg ilvl around 503 since we didn't get to farm much gear on 2 nights/week. None of us had any PTR experience so we were just going off Dungeon Journal and Icy Veins for the most part.

In both of the raids Jin'rokh fell within a couple pulls, it honestly felt that fight could be 5 manned. Morchok 2.0.

Horridon took us about 6-7 pulls in our main raid on 10m. I could see a MW monk trivializing it with Revival. We also had decent DPS and didn't have too much trouble. In the 25m PuG it took us about 2.5 hours to kill this - about 12 or so attempts. The healing felt easier but we had a MW monk use revival on 10 stacks on the poison volley and then we even had a WW monk spec MW in PvP gear just for the revival. It made the DPS check laughable. I think what throws people off is just the significant increase in difficulty from Jin'rokh to this boss (think Blade Lord -> Garalon in HoF).

Council took 15 pulls in our main raid, we had a lot of stupid wipes but eventually after realizing that burnign Sul before he empowers is a good idea, we killed him in a couple attempts. There's a DPS check to do that strat, but it didn't feel too harsh. In the 25m PuG it's kind of hard to judge the difficulty because people were doing dumb stuff all over in a PuG. Seems to be easier on 10m just because of less people, but the healing may be harsher.

Tortos took us too long for what it is - took us 12 pulls but at first we were prioritizing bats over turtles which is dumb. After we changed that it fell quick.

We only did 4 pulls on Megaera but it didn't seem too bad.Obviously the fight is going to get crazy at the end but it just looks like the tank damage can be rough and healer positioning is finnicky because the tanks are so spread out and if a healer has to move it can cause range issues. Icy veins made this fight seem more complicated than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    We only did 4 pulls on Megaera but it didn't seem too bad.Obviously the fight is going to get crazy at the end but it just looks like the tank damage can be rough and healer positioning is finnicky because the tanks are so spread out and if a healer has to move it can cause range issues. Icy veins made this fight seem more complicated than it is.

ohh i agree. The fight pretty much boils down to this:
    Kite the icebeam to the back of the platform and onto the fire patches
    run over ice patches with the cinders debuffs before dispelling
    kill the hydra head with stacked dmg buff
    stack during rampage.

That was all i got from the fight in the 3 or so pulls we did
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

I think it's this new raid is pretty hard. Method having problems with 5th boss even in normal mode. http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/...-nether/Method

4/12 after one raid of 4h. Oneshot horridon and council. Mageara is more or less all about head 7-9 (duh) everything leading up to that is just a long ass rince and repeat. Prob getting it down in one or two tries next raid. Really liking it tho. And is actually reminding me of ulduar alot. In the best of ways.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    I think it's this new raid is pretty hard. Method having problems with 5th boss even in normal mode. http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/...-nether/Method
    Not to jump on the bandwagon, but I sincerely doubt they are having trouble killing normal mode. I would assume they are just not raiding non-stop and taking it easy while they still can. Or running alts with mains.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Ohh you must be new They arent struggling. They're either practicing heroic tactics on normal mode, funneling gear to mains with alt raids or they just cba to finish it yet. But they arent gonna have a hard time doing this.

6/12 after one raid. Didn't have a single death in the raid (except for trash) until tortos. Ji-Kun will be fairly hard for a normal mode guild just because of the coordination required. Only did 1 attempt on durumu before raid ended, seemed easy enough.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    First two were rather easy (one shot the first, three shot the second). The council fight took us like 10 attempts on 10 man, but this was largely due to awful lag spikes by the tanks causing some unfortunate things to happen.

Tortos took 10 attempts as well but he really wasn't that bad. We had a melee heavy group and didn't initially realize that they turtles could be snared, when we figured that out it fell in two attempts.

Megaera really wasn't all that difficult for us, even though it took us nearly 2 hours to kill. Had we had the option to use a different tank on the fight (prot warrior) we would have killed it in several attempts. Our prot warrior got absolutely smashed compared to our monk tank when it came to tanking the red head and caused us more wipes than anything else. It's really a fairly straight forward fight when you get down to it.

Ji-kun took us half a dozen attempts. Really not all that bad when we figured out that there were upper platforms (sigh, lol).

Durumu we only got 3 attempts on but nearly killed him. Didn't seem too bad when people figured out the maze.

The difficulty really isn't that bad. When they said not to worry about enrage and just be solid on mechanics they were right. For what it's worth we 2 healed everything except Megeara (which we 3 healed with an alt disc priest). We spent a lot of time wiping and running back to trash more than anything else TBH lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 groups with 1/3 mains 2/3 alts
    G1 - 6/12
    G2 - 5/12
    G3 - 5/12

Everything seemed to be pretty faceroll so far, struggled a bit with Megaera because of badly geared alt healers trying to cope with the last 2 rampages.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    would also question the accuracy of wowprogress. according to it my guild hasn't killed any bosses in ToT yet even tho we have.

Having a pretty bad time to be honest. We've been carrying 3 dps in our 10 man...and I mean *carrying* as in 30k dps gaps on non-gimmick fights with people in the same gear level. Anyways, we're still stuck on Horridon and if you exclude the 5 minutes the first boss took, tonight will be our third raid night working on that fucking boss. Yes, it would be dead already if all our dps could actually do their jobs. We're not a normal mode guild stuck on Garalon that isn't struggling with this boss like most people complaining either...we cleared all of H MSV and 2 in H HoF. We simply can no longer carry people considering how tightly tuned this is. Would have helped if we didn't have to DE 90% of our heroic drops too, I suppose, as only 2 of us were even at 500 prior to 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Ohh you must be new They arent struggling. They're either practicing heroic tactics on normal mode, funneling gear to mains with alt raids or they just cba to finish it yet. But they arent gonna have a hard time doing this.
    lei shen might be a hard time tbh

15+ Year Old Account
    Our first raid tonight (25man), 1/12 so far. Reached Phase 2 on Horidon once but we are struggling with this boss.

11/12 10 man. Quite easy so far, but thats with a good geared hc quality group. Only had about an hour or 1,5 hours on Lei Shen, got him into 2nd transition (30%) a few times but not quite close to a kill yet. Dps checks on the fight seem quite easy for guilds that were mostly hc geared from last patch, but difficulty wise it's definatly a step up from the bosses before it.

Good fun though, Lei Shen probably my favourite so far followed by Magaera and Durumu.

Deleted
    So far we're 9/12. 1-Shot first 5 Bosses. I'd say that Durumu is the hardest Boss on normal until Iron Qon. Primordius was just 3-4 Addwaves->Burn the Boss and Dark Animus was like...getting aggro from your add and wait 3 Minutes then Burn the Boss^^

We dropped the first 6 bosses in our first 4 hour raid and then 3 more bosses in our 2nd 4 hour raid. The mechanical difficulty really seems to ramp up after you kill Ji-Khun but luckily the bosses have low enough hp on normal mode that you can screw up the mechanics a little bit and still come away with a kill. The most attempts we had on any boss was Dark Animus at 11 attempts but I think we only had about 3 serious attempts, had a couple of wipes at the beginning when we pulled without a real strategy and a few wipes in the middle from tank deaths in the first 30s of the fight.

Only had 3 attempts at Iron Qon but he seems a lot mechanically easier than the previous three bosses.

Deleted
    7/12 in 2 nights. I have to say this new raid is pretty damn awesome. It just feels so fun and immersing. The progression into more powerful entities within the castle is just so epic. Exactly what I needed as far as raiding goes. Really fun bosses as well! Looking forward to the other 5 bosses and the heroic modes.

12/12 25 man. The fights were underwhelming for geared alts and some mains. The only fight requiring more than 3 wipes was lei shen.
    Last edited by quiks; 2013-03-08 at 03:31 AM.