Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    6/12 after one night raid 1900-2300

Going for 3 today and 3 tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    4/12. We should down Maegara today, and do some pulls on Ji-Kun.

We got First boss to 9%, but I don't think we will down him until next week for sure. One of our DPS is about 15K short of where they should be and a healer is only about 5k hps higher than me a Prot pally.

12/12N after ~4 days/18 hours of raid this week. Most of the fights were really fun and refreshing, though some were overtuned for their location in the zone (Horridon) while others were complete pushovers (Iron Qon, Consorts). Lei Shen is a very fun, tightly tuned fight...almost more like a puzzle. Almost every fight had some very unique mechanics that made for an engaging encounter, especially Tortos, JiKun, and Durumu. Only real complaint so far is about the trash, which was more time consuming than a handful of bosses!

Heroics next week, and very much looking forward to it with a hint of fear. Will be interesting to actually learn JinRohk instead of just "pop hero, collect loot" like last Tues. Not sure which to attempt after...maybe Council and Tortos look like the best options?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10 man guild. We're 2/12 right now with about 2 hours of our 6 hour raid schedule last week spent on working on Council. That said, Jin'rokh took about as much effort to kill as a sack of wet marshmallows. And that's not an exaggeration. We went in with little to no preparation, pugged our second healer and a dps (and 2-healed everything the first night), spent 1 attempt going "what the hell do we do here", and then killed him on the next attempt.

Horridon was a massive step up (after we spend 30 minutes on the bridge trash. ... /shudder). He is much much tougher on healing, and generally a tough control and management fight. Dps need to be on point for interrupts, focus targets and getting out of shit. Tank positioning and cooldown management is critical and healing feels like trying to squeeze more toothpaste out of that tube that's been empty for 2 weeks. However, when everything is worked out to some extent, people avoid as much damage as possible, and your pally healer doesn't get eaten by a warbear, it's still a doable fight.

Council, I can't say much but since we spent most of 1 night just working on our strategy. It feels like a very front-end heavy fight (see Alysrazor), where if you can manage to stay alive for the first 2 minutes, you probably win.

Generally, my feeling is that this tier is set up pretty well AFTER the first boss. I would have preferred either a little more challenge from Jin'rokh or a slightly more linear ramp up in difficulty to Horridon, because the difference from boss 1 to boss 2 is night and day. Other than that, no serious complaints so far.

We picked up a US 9 Lei Shen kill on 25m so I'm pretty happy with that. We'll be starting heroics next week with only one raid worth of ToT farm, but I think we'll manage.

Two raids so far, spent about an hour on Jin'rokh. We're stuck on Horridon (25 man) and I have no idea why. People just start dying, and then we don't have enough dps to finish off the second gate's adds and it's really quite pissing me off.

Deleted
    10/12 25man after 4 raids 3-4 hours each. Took first 5 down in the first raid, simple fights only Tortos required a few more pulls (got the achi!), Ji'kun downed after 10 pulls, 7 wipes learning and 3 pulls with a proper tactic resulted in a clean kill with 0 deaths.

Durumu took some learning mainly because people kept messing up with the beams, death beam phase is really simple if you run at the far edge of the platform, instead of the melee and have the melee dps run in the middle of the platform, after 18 pulls a kill. Primordius and DA were simple <5 pulls just burn your hearts out.

Iron Quon turned out to be alot harder on 25 man than expected and after raids ending we did it with a 10 man raid, much easier in 10man mainly due to the increase in capability to improvise in mid fight. Looking forward to Lei Shen tomorrow.

Deleted
    11/12 in 10 man so far. Jin'rokh, Primordius and Twins were absolute cakewalks after a pull or two to get a grasp of the fight, while Council, Megaera and now Lei Shen prove to be a tad harder. Hopefully getting Lei Shen tomorrow after fine-tuning our tactics a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    11/12 in 10 man so far. Jin'rokh, Primordius and Twins were absolute cakewalks after a pull or two to get a grasp of the fight, while Council, Megaera and now Lei Shen prove to be a tad harder. Hopefully getting Lei Shen tomorrow after fine-tuning our tactics a bit.
    Same here. Twins was the 2nd easiest boss when I got a handle how to do the star drawings, it was fun aswell.

Deleted
    We ended this ID for this week at 6/12, had over 30 wipes at tortos, but Killed Maegera in like 4 tries lol. Ji-Kun took around 15 tries, then we did 2 tries on the big eyed dude, but most ppl (me included) didn't know tactics and called it for the night.

12/12 25 man here. I'll have to say as a dps literally all of the fights so far have been easy for my specific role. Overall, I feel that we wiped a bit more than we should've on lei shen, but other than that I feel that we did good.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

12/12 after about 13 hours of raiding at the end of the week. Spent a little long on a boss or two perhaps, otherwise fairly happy. Normal modes were good this tier, Lei Shen was a great fight. Heroics next week will be fun!

Got 12/12 -25m with some overtime last night.

Lei Shin, Durumu and Ji'kun probably the only road bumps along the way. Jinrohk, Primoridius, and Twins were definitely the easiest. The fact that we one shot Primordius and Twins was sort of surprising, to be honest >_>

edit: Iron Qon as 25m raid? What a pile of garbage.

6/12 on 10m last night, would've had durumu but as people got tired they started getting sloppy and getting knocked in the water and stuff.
    Repeat kills today should go fast, and hopefully can finish up 12/12 this lockout!

Deleted
    2/12 after yesterday. Our group's ilvl is around 490-495 ilvl. At least we beat Horridon before they nerfed him, hah! ^^

We were finally able to get 2/12 10m yesterday after making a strat change and some spec changing on my end just a bit. Once we got to the 4th door it was much easier. Heres hoping to push further tonight.

12/12 but had to do Lei Shen on 10 man due to running out of time (12 hour raid week with 12 bosses is just too hectic at times). Only bosses that took more than a few pulls were Durumu, Iron Qon, and Lei Shen (who we pulled on 25 a few times before the week was over, and I'm pretty sure he's going to be vastly harder there -_-, but I can see different preferences for strat on 25 vs 10 too which is always fun).

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    We picked up a US 9 Lei Shen kill on 25m so I'm pretty happy with that. We'll be starting heroics next week with only one raid worth of ToT farm, but I think we'll manage.
    It was a US 7, US/EU (West) 9, Mel! Jeez.
    Last edited by Lygas; 2013-03-12 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went 6/12 on 25m before our raid week(3 day 4 hours) was over and laughed at the joke that was 10m for the next 6 bosses.

Ji-kun took us the longest time to figure out strategy wise on 25m and why we didn't clear more before 10s on the weekend. The last 6 bosses on 10m were mostly 2-3 shots and nothing more than 10 wipes.