Help picking out soundcard w/ 6.3MM Connector

Hey all,

I followed Marest's suggestions for a sound card and the only one linked with a 6.3mm jack had 4 eggs on NewEgg, something about an odd power connector. Details aren't showing anything, so I'm looking for some suggestions from anyone who has a card with this adapter that loves it.

Price is open really. I just need a good card to make use of my ATH-M50's.

Thanks!

Edit: Alternatively, are there any drawbacks to using the smaller 3.5mm jack on the headphone? I'm not an audiophile, but my wife bought me nice headphones and I'm just looking to make the most out of them.
    Last edited by Prag; 2013-03-08 at 12:08 AM.

It's mostly external USB soundcards that have 6.3mm jacks. You can use cheap adapters to plug in headphones with 6.3mm connector into any soundcard.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    It's mostly external USB soundcards that have 6.3mm jacks. You can use cheap adapters to plug in headphones with 6.3mm connector into any soundcard.
    Is there any particular positives/negatives to using a PCI 1x card vs an external? Any downside to using adapters?

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Is there any particular positives/negatives to using a PCI 1x card vs an external?
    All highest quality audio hardware are external USB boxes because it eliminates all sources of EMI that happens inside PC case. Consumer grade audio is totally possible and viable with internal PCI cards, but studio quality recording always requires external USB or Firewire box.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Any downside to using adapters?
    Corrosion. If the adapter, soundcard and headphone jack are different metals, parts rust over time. Also metal contacts bend in use. If you plug and unplug the adapter daily with greasy fingers, you'll eventually break something. Also the grease in skin will corrode the connectors eventually if you touch them. Assuming the headphone jack and sound card connector are gold-plated (most are nowadays because gold doesnt rust) and you get gold-plated adapter and never unplug/plug it without good reason, it will probably last lifetime. But if you use cheap adapter that isn't gold plated it'll probably rust in 5-10 years causing noise you can hear in quiet parts.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Wow, that's incredibly helpful! I won't be plugging/unplugging - it'll be stationary for PC use only. I'll start searching for an external box if you don't have one to recommend.

Thanks again!