General consensus

Haven't been on my hunter for some time now. But I'm just wondering, whats the general consensus on the 3 specs atm? BM for single target fights, SV for aoe/multi dot fights? Or is MM competitive now?

MM is playable, BM can DIAF, survival is still beast for aoe/cleaving.

Single target you can really play any of the 3 specs and be within 2k of each other or so. Depends on the fight: Magaera with 10 CA phases? MM. Lots of adds like Horridon? SV. Tight windows to burst in, like Tortos or Ji-kun's slime buff? BM (assuming those buffs spread to pets, any word on that?)

Deleted
    Currently on Primordius.

So far even though I sat out on Megaera I still see no reason to ever consider Marksmanship unless you are really tired of Beast Mastery. Beast Mastery still provides the same benefits as tier 14 and will only edge ahead more with high agility proc trinkets and situational damage increases like Tortos's debuff when hit by a shell. I can see Marksmanship looking interesting on Megaera but the careful aim phases don't last long enough to make Marksmanship get a significant advantage when I was looking at my guild's livestream. But that's just speculation.

Regardless, Survival is the spec you will be playing the most due to all the AoE/multi-dot opportunities.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-03-08 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Single target you can really play any of the 3 specs and be within 2k of each other or so. Depends on the fight: Magaera with 10 CA phases? MM. Lots of adds like Horridon? SV. Tight windows to burst in, like Tortos or Ji-kun's slime buff? BM (assuming those buffs spread to pets, any word on that?)
    Doesn't matter if Magaera has 10 CA phases, the overall time spent at the CA phases is still equal if you compare a 800m health boss from 100% to 80% >_>

Remember, each head has ~111m health(on 25m), so CA lasts until ~89m.

Marksman can possibly become a stronger single target spec as our weapon availability increases. As someone said earlier though, BM will shine ahead on any fight where you will have a damage increase for a small window (BW + Engi Gloves into KC + AS spam). I've found SV to be superior to MM and BM though at 2+ targets though.

In addition, I'm pretty sure the 10 short CA phases on Magaera is actually worse than having 1 long CA phase on any other fight, since you won't be able to stack CDs like Rapid Fire / Berserking ontop of each CA phase like you would be able to on a normal fight.

If you are simply looking to min/max for each encounter, stick to SV and BM for your two specs, requires little to no reforging and are proving to be stronger than MM.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV