Gree Event to return 1.7.2

Looks like enough people wanted to see it come back quickly, so it's coming back with the next hotfix patch. However, they'll be removing the Gold Scalene Armor from the CM until a possible later date.

Link.

Update to this.
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Originally Posted by Eillack:
    So now I wonder when the next update is haha...might have to save up creds for Gold Scalene.

I wonder when it is too... OH WAIT I KNOW!

Here are the details! Game update 1.7.2 is going live with tomorrow morning's maintenance! That's right, you will be playing the Gree Event once again within 24 hours. Also since I know this will come up, the Gree Event will be running from March 12th - March 26th.

There are some other things I wanted to keep all of you apprised of as well. Aside from the Golden Scalene Armor being embargoed from the Cartel Market, so are a few other items. They are:
    • Dire Taskmaster's Robe
    • Dire Overlord's Vestments
    • Dire Warmaster's Body Armor
    • Dire Eliminator's Chestguard
    • Guard Captain's Chestplate
    • CZ-27k Stealth Ops Suit
    • CZ-18x Avalanche Chestplate
    • Honored Master's Vestments
    • Honored Champion's Robe
    • Honored Sabarist's Harness
    • Honored Adept's Shroud
    • MA-52 Med-tech Chestplate
    • Emergency Responder's Overcoat
    • MA-53 Overwatch Chestplate
    • Jawagram "I Love You"
    • Jawagram "It's A Surprise"

One last thing I wanted to tease... Make sure you check out the Gree Event vendor. You will see what I think is the coolest looking mount in our game to date. Like, seriously it is amazing.

-eric

(Source)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Looks like enough people wanted to see it come back quickly, so it's coming back with the next hotfix patch. However, they'll be removing the Gold Scalene Armor from the CM until a possible later date.

Link.
    Apparently the Gree Event vendor will now include the 'coolest looking mount in our game to date'. Subjectivity aside I like the fact they've added some new 'reward' to the rep grind. Hopefully they'll add some extra items to all rep vendors.

EDIT: Oops, looks like Arlee just beat me to it...by 21 minutes

With a statement like that this new mount had better be a TaunTaun!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Apparently the Gree Event vendor will now include the 'coolest looking mount in our game to date'. Subjectivity aside I like the fact they've added some new 'reward' to the rep grind.
    Judging from their past mount activities and your own personal reception of it...you are honestly excited about this? I'll be surprised if this is something that amazing and I'm even more surprised it isn't on the CM.

Completely not surprised that they started putting limited time items on the CM to induce more recurrent purchases from the same whales they have already gotten over on. Uggh. I know it's fine that people can spend what they want on whatever they want, but I want so badly for them to stop so that they will focus on making the game better instead of trying new ways to trick people into handing over their wallets every update.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    They added spinning rims to the holiday speeder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I know it's fine that people can spend what they want on whatever they want, but I want so badly for them to stop so that they will focus on making the game better instead of trying new ways to trick people into handing over their wallets every update.
    I know it's fine that people can spend time complaining about whatever they want, but I want so badly for them to stop so that we can focus on what is making the game better instead of using the same old complaints every update.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Judging from their past mount activities and your own personal reception of it...you are honestly excited about this? I'll be surprised if this is something that amazing and I'm even more surprised it isn't on the CM.
    Ah, i've known for a year now that Bioware's definition of 'cool' and mine are usually a mile apart. My happiness derives from the fact they're adding something to the vendor tomorrow. I was let down by the Reputation rewards. I feared that would be it, take it or leave it. It may be a one off but the fact they added something makes me hope they do the same to all rep vendors. Ideally I'd like some unique item (to buy/earn) on each Reputation vendor for each rank of that reputation, not just Friend, Hero and Champion.

It's mainly as that was what I was used to with SWG.

I doubt I'll see a vehicle I like more than my Korrealis but if they happen to add a Rancor or Reek mount (like SWG) I'd be tempted.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sxar View Post
    I know it's fine that people can spend time complaining about whatever they want, but I want so badly for them to stop so that we can focus on what is making the game better instead of using the same old complaints every update.
    It's amazing how I've made you resort to this after only 8 posts. A flutter of pity reaches out from my heart to yours. Hopefully it will warm your heart and make your day! <333

I'm glad we both have the same interests though...wanting to make SWTOR a better game! 100% agree with you that it should be their focus.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 04:21 PM ----------

Ah, i've known for a year now that Bioware's definition of 'cool' and mine are usually a mile apart. My happiness derives from the fact they're adding something to the vendor tomorrow. I was let down by the Reputation rewards. I feared that would be it, take it or leave it. It may be a one off but the fact they added something makes me hope they do the same to all rep vendors. Ideally I'd like some unique item (to buy/earn) on each Reputation vendor for each rank of that reputation, not just Friend, Hero and Champion.

It's mainly as that was what I was used to with SWG.

I doubt I'll see a vehicle I like more than my Korrealis but if they happen to add a Rancor or Reek mount (like SWG) I'd be tempted.
    Ah, true enough. It is a good sign that they recognize the need to flesh out reputation even more. Hopefully it's a sign that they can make it very worthwhile as it keeps growing.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    They added spinning rims to the holiday speeder.
    Oh god.... That would be awful ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god.... That would be awful ><
    New speeder will allow you to "Ghost Ride the Whip".

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    New speeder will allow you to "Ghost Ride the Whip".
    Oh man. If they sold a speeder that went full speed that you could ghost ride, I would seriously consider spending money on it.

Deleted
    Hopefully not. Or find new graphic and animation guys. While SWTOR graphic is overly vastly superior to WoW, the "animal" pets look hilariously bad - mechanical pets are fine - in comparison to even older WoW companion pets. The nine(!) year old model for the narcoleptic panda baby from the first CE is still much cuter than any pet here.

What I'd like to see is a nice two- or three-person mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    The nine(!) year old model for the narcoleptic panda baby from the first CE is still much cuter than any pet here.
    If this is what you mean then I seriously disagree.

If this is what you mean then I seriously disagree.

Suddenly, pandas going extinct isn't so sad.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Feel free. And looking at technical issues like texture quality and polygon number you win . Taking animations into account I stand by my point. SWTOR animals are utterly creepy, in a bad way.

edit: by "public reaction" I win by a landslide btw Other players gracefully ignore whatever pet you have out in SWTOR, the baby panda - also on a RP server respectively - still draws crowds of admirers.
    Last edited by mmocabce60bc47; 2013-03-11 at 10:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Feel free. And looking at technical issues like texture quality and polygon number you win . Taking animations into account I stand by my point. SWTOR animals are utterly creepy, in a bad way.

edit: by "public reaction" I win by a landslide btw Other players gracefully ignore whatever pet you have out in SWTOR, the baby panda - also on a RP server respectively - still draws crowds of admirers.
    Never played WoW. I simply googled the 'narcoleptic panda baby' due to curiosity in what you sustained. I have every pet in TOR and the rare ones get some attention. The baby tauntauns have cute animations imo. I personally love the Nekkar cat's animation but each to his own I guess.

SWEEEEEET i can get my legacy blaster for my new pwrtech i started tonite man that was some fun stuff too cant wait to get more rep

Deleted
    I personally love the Nekkar cat's animation but each to his own I guess.
    I have the Desert Nekkar. Yeah it's the most common one and cheapest on GTN but I don't care, he color-coordinates with my Trooper's armor the best

And my red Pureblood assassin who wears black pants runs with this ^^

I totally match my pets to their owners xD Though I only have 1 for each.

edit: pics come from Dulfy's guide http://dulfy.net/2013/01/24/swtor-pets-guide/
    Last edited by mmocafc5faf701; 2013-03-12 at 01:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruss View Post
    I have the Desert Nekkar. Yeah it's the most common one and cheapest on GTN but I don't care, he color-coordinates with my Trooper's armor the best
    Phew, and I thought I was the only wacko doing stuff like that: desert nekkar + sand people armor matches oh so nicely...