Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I've put in the preliminary changes for 5.3, which include a cloak change (to the ilvl 600 cloak), and some gems/reforges to get to the 10296 haste GCD cap. I'll try to make a trinket priority list, but as I said before, it's very much dependent on your current gear.

Please note that the normal list has a substantial amount of spirit over the heroic list simply because the heroic list has access to Ra-den loot that doesn't come with spirit (chest/boots). This causes problems with the normal list, but overall the items didn't change. Also, be aware that I'm now using FoN for comparison purposes, as it's the best single-target talent available. Incarnation is better for *some* multi-target fights, and I've got a post in the heroic list covering that.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-04-27 at 10:23 PM.

Thank you for keeping this updated Slippy - it's appreciated.

I've just reforged for the 10k haste cap as i'm semi heroic geared and hopefully will see a positive change in dps. I prefer haste over crit purely because it's less chance based and means I can get back into NG/eclipse if there was movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauton View Post
    Thank you for keeping this updated Slippy - it's appreciated.

I've just reforged for the 10k haste cap as i'm semi heroic geared and hopefully will see a positive change in dps. I prefer haste over crit purely because it's less chance based and means I can get back into NG/eclipse if there was movement.
    I agree, haste is more with my playstyle than relying in an RNG-based stat. What's a shame is that SS procs are further RNG-based, which reminds me of the first iteration of eclipse where Lunar eclipse increased Starfire's crit chance... a chance to proc a chance at more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    I agree, haste is more with my playstyle than relying in an RNG-based stat. What's a shame is that SS procs are further RNG-based, which reminds me of the first iteration of eclipse where Lunar eclipse increased Starfire's crit chance... a chance to proc a chance at more damage.
    The Wrath days of Balance were dark, so very dark. Remember Insect Swarm, and it reducing the targets ability to crit by 3%? Starfall with a 10 yard splash damage, hit CC and anything in 20-40 yards in and out of combat? Eclipse lasting 14 seconds, and having, what was it, a 30 second cd on that type of eclipse too?

We've come a long way. But still feels we have some of the same issues as before lol. Just to a lesser extent then in Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souxlya View Post
    The Wrath days of Balance were dark, so very dark. Remember Insect Swarm, and it reducing the targets ability to crit by 3%? Starfall with a 10 yard splash damage, hit CC and anything in 20-40 yards in and out of combat? Eclipse lasting 14 seconds, and having, what was it, a 30 second cd on that type of eclipse too?

We've come a long way. But still feels we have some of the same issues as before lol. Just to a lesser extent then in Wrath.
    It was quite frustrating yeah. Starfall also stunned at one point, but then Blizzard decided random stuns like the one Starfire used to have weren't needed (but I swear there's still a random stun ability in the game). RNG is RNG, but when you start stacking RNG you really feel the gaps and chains. Even with UVLS 100% crit DoTs, you can still have 6 or more seconds of no SS procs simply because it's still only a 30% chance on each critting DoT.

Even with UVLS 100% crit DoTs, you can still have 6 or more seconds of no SS procs simply because it's still only a 30% chance on each critting DoT.
    So i'm not going crazy for nothing. I had full crit dots on both targets (twin consorts) and was standing there mashing my SS button for 5 + seconds with no proc (on multiple attempts)...i wanted to smash the keyboard... I think they might of stealth nerfed it somehow. 2 weeks ago when i was progressing on Megaera i did the same thing with 100% crit dots on the 2 heads at start and they were proccing so fast i couldn't press the SS button fast enough...

could it be that they nerfed it somehow ?

------ Thank you <Shyama88 > for this amazing signature ! ------

Hi,

I have a little problem:
    Right now I have the follow gears: My gear.

Yesterday finally dropped the 2nd tier token for me.
    This one: Vestment of the Haunted Forest
    But I have Robes of Treacherous Ground too.

Should I replace Robes of Treacherous Ground for Vestment of the Haunted Forest or not?

I really have some trouble with working with Wrathcalcs. Hopefully someone can help me to decide.
    Thank you very much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarj313 View Post
    So i'm not going crazy for nothing. I had full crit dots on both targets (twin consorts) and was standing there mashing my SS button for 5 + seconds with no proc (on multiple attempts)...i wanted to smash the keyboard... I think they might of stealth nerfed it somehow. 2 weeks ago when i was progressing on Megaera i did the same thing with 100% crit dots on the 2 heads at start and they were proccing so fast i couldn't press the SS button fast enough...

could it be that they nerfed it somehow ?
    I doubt they nerfed anything, as that would be something significant most boomkins could feel doing the normal rotation. It's possible you just had a bunch of unlucky attempts (I've had them as well), or maybe you missed applying one or two of the DoTs during UVLS - I don't know. Lu'lin also has that spinning immune phase which could be screwing up your SS procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    Hi,

I have a little problem:
    Right now I have the follow gears: My gear.

Yesterday finally dropped the 2nd tier token for me.
    This one: Vestment of the Haunted Forest
    But I have Robes of Treacherous Ground too.

Should I replace Robes of Treacherous Ground for Vestment of the Haunted Forest or not?

I really have some trouble with working with Wrathcalcs. Hopefully someone can help me to decide.
    Thank you very much!
    You'll want to swap in the T15 chest piece until you get another T15 piece somewhere else (shoulders will be good to keep T14 2-piece). You can put the Thunderforged chest piece on if it doesn't make you lose the 2-piece or 4-piece T15 bonuses.

Hey there I am in full 522 and a couple 528 pieces now and my guild is starting to work on hard modes now. I was wondering which normal mode trinkets you would reccomend? I have picked them all up along the way and have been using Cha-Ye's and UVoLS, Vision can be frustrating at times definitely. I have read a couple of forums saying Breath and others saying Wushaleys. Could I get some insight to which would be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
    Hey there I am in full 522 and a couple 528 pieces now and my guild is starting to work on hard modes now. I was wondering which normal mode trinkets you would reccomend? I have picked them all up along the way and have been using Cha-Ye's and UVoLS, Vision can be frustrating at times definitely. I have read a couple of forums saying Breath and others saying Wushaleys. Could I get some insight to which would be better?
    This was answered partially in the T15 H BiS thread, by Slippykins. I am assuming he did all of the simming on Heroic BiS gear, but I am assuming the ranking will be mostly the same for Normal gear aswell. Atleast, its a good place to start.

• Cha-Ye's + Wushoolay's (Normal TF)
    • Cha-Ye's + Breath (Normal TF)
    • Cha-Ye's + UVLS (Normal TF)
    • Breath + Wushoolay's (Normal TF)
    • Wushoolay's + UVLS (Normal TF)
    • Cha-Ye's + Wushoolay's (Normal)
    • Cha-Ye's + Breath (Normal)
    • Breath + UVLS (Normal TF)
    • Cha-Ye's + UVLS (Normal)
    • Breath + Wushoolay's (Normal)
    • Wushoolay's + UVLS (Normal)
    • Breath + UVLS (Normal)
    • Cha-Ye's + SPA (Normal)
    • Wushoolay's + SPA (Normal)
    • Breath + SPA (Normal)
    • UVLS + SPA (Normal)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minituk View Post
    This was answered partially in the T15 H BiS thread, by Slippykins. I am assuming he did all of the simming on Heroic BiS gear, but I am assuming the ranking will be mostly the same for Normal gear aswell. Atleast, its a good place to start.
    Trinkets should stay in the same order, gear may change some small things but overall the list shouldn't change. Only thing that would change is Wushoolay's not being used because of the excessive amounts of hit on our normal mode gear. If you can reforge it, then it's the 2nd best trinket. If not, then go with Breath.