Thread: My wife is gay!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    She could have been in denial? She might not have realised her sexuality in this oftimes still extremely homophobic society of ours? By your reasoning, why did he marry someone who could not be attracted to him?
    Again, that's the kind of shit you figure out BEFORE you commit to spending the rest of your life with someone. And I would think that after the whole meeting, dating, engagement, and wedding thing, he might have been under the impression she was attracted to him. There would be no reason to think otherwise, until she pulls the rug out from under him and says "Hey, I've been lying to you this whole time." Not knowing what you want/like/love is one thing, but fucking someone else's world up because you can't get your shit right is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Did someone hold a gun to her head and make her get married? Tons of strong minded gay people do not have this issue. Sounds like she is weak and screwed over a good guy because of her inability to handle her shit.
    She could have been in denial? She might not have realised her sexuality in this oftimes still extremely homophobic society of ours?
    Tons of real people have this issue with their sexuality. But you go right ahead bashing a sexual minority for struggling with their sexuality in a hostile environment you (plural) created.

Sounds like she is weak and screwed over a good guy because of her inability to handle her shit.
    I have no idea how you arrived at the conclusion that he's a good guy. I'd say there's a 50-50 chance of that, at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Women who tend to suddenly come out as lesbian after a straight relationship , tend to have been lesbian the whole time, but were trying to be straight. Happens a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    She either betrayed you or knowingly based her whole relationship on you upon a lie; I don't know which is worse. She has abandoned her oaths and removed herself from your life and the unity you once had. As such, I would suggest wiping out every trace of her from your existence and living the rest of your life as if she had never existed. No good can come from her to you at this point.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It's pretty easy to have sex with someone you're not attracted to - tons of women do it all the time for various other benefits.

Regardless, if society didn't constantly beat "gay is bad" into her head she probably wouldn't have done this in her attempt to be "normal."
    Women can do it all the time. Does that mean that men read their minds and know that they are not attracted to them? Is that what this is, that men are supposed to be mind readers? If you marry someone and are having sex with them why in hell would you assume anything less than they are attracted to you unless you are forcing them to have sex...

We have no way of knowing what compelled her to stay in the closet. Why speculate.
    I like sandwiches

Tons of real people have this issue with their sexuality. But you go right ahead bashing a sexual minority for struggling with their sexuality in a hostile environment you (plural) created.
    Stop with the dramatics, nobody's bashing a sexual minority. The bashing is directed against one selfish bitch who led some poor guy on then flipped the script on him

You are really grasping at straws now.

Anyways, I do not know all details so I am not gonna pass any further judgement. But what you have said made zero sense and in no way excuses what this woman did.
    You bash her for marrying him as a lesbian, then excuse him for marrying a lesbian and thus inevitably resulting in an affair. Yup, all these judgement, totally makes sense.

Women can do it all the time. Does that mean that men read their minds and know that they are not attracted to them? Is that what this is, that men are supposed to be mind readers? If you marry someone and are having sex with them why in hell would you assume anything less than they are attracted to you unless you are forcing them to have sex...

We have no way of knowing what compelled her to stay in the closet. Why speculate.
    I don't care what the actual reason was and I don't care how the man feels about it. I'm just responding to your apparent confusion over how someone can do this.

I dunno, Ross always seemed like a loser to me
    Eh, it was the 90s, they thought gay was a fad. Oh and TV law =/= real law.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not bashing any minority. I am calling her specifically out. I know a bunch of openly gay people in Alabama. They are strong. Being gay takes guts around here. I respect them for being open about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I have no idea how you arrived at the conclusion that he's a good guy. I'd say there's a 50-50 chance of that, at best.
    All I know is that he was the one that got cheated on. So assuming they are good is a stretch, but they are not the one that screwed the other person over. That is all we know.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by steale View Post
    Stop with the dramatics, nobody's bashing a sexual minority.
    I like how you couldn't read what you bolded yourself. I said bashed a sexual minority for struggling with their sexuality.

Tons of strong minded gay people do not have this issue. Sounds like she is weak

How about we(plural) hold her to the ideal that if you're a decent human being you don't commit adultery.

As steale would have said if he isn't being blatantly hypocritical, is the sexual orientation of your future partner something you should have figured out before you got married? No? Then why do you people give her shit for not having come to terms with her sexuality in a society that brainwashes its children into denouncing homosexuality?

You bash her for marrying him as a lesbian, then excuse him for marrying a lesbian and thus inevitably resulting in an affair. Yup, all these judgement, totally makes sense.
    They do make sense. If she wasn't attracted to him, she should not have married him. What's so difficult for you to understand about that?

She cheated, that's her fault. If she were to come out and break it off with him before sleeping around, I doubt anyone here would bash her, or at the very least not as badly. It'd still suck for him, but nothing as bad as having your wife cheat on you and tell you after the fact that she never loved you the way she told you she did.

Quote Originally Posted by endgame619 View Post
    How about we(plural) hold her to the ideal that if you're a decent human being you don't commit adultery.
    I didn't say it's a great idea to go out and have an affair. My point was that a lesbian married to a man cheating on her husband, is significantly different from a straight married couple cheating.

I like how you couldn't read what you bolded yourself. I said bashed a sexual minority for struggling with their sexuality.
    And I like how you turn one lying woman into a representative for an entire sexual population in a half-assed attempt at crawling up on your high horse. Nobody's bashing gays, just her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say it's a great idea to go out and have an affair. My point was that a lesbian married to a man cheating on her husband, is significantly different from a straight married couple cheating.
    So she gets special treatment because she is gay? Adultery is adultery. Gay or straight. Not sure about your sexuality, do not get married. That simple. Marriage is not a requirement for life.
    I like sandwiches

So she get special treatment because she is gay?
    Yeah special treatment. Or not pretending that a gay person cheating in a heterosexual relationship is "no different" to a straight person cheating in the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you want to put forth that lesbians are inherently weaker and more likely to commit immoral acts than straights, its the same thing.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8