Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Best not so hard pvp character to play

Hello guys can you help me to choose pvp strong pvp spec to play with patch 5.2 ? I know you want to tell me now choose it alone enjoy game etc. but most ppl playing like 4-5 years and they have amazing knowledge. I don't have that so I want to learn PVP (bg\s firstly) on really strong and easy class to play. I have monk but I don't enjoy him and dont really think it is op class. So please help me to choose.
    I expect class to being not that hard to play and be just good on current patch.
    I tihnk about
    DK ( holy/frost ?)
    Warrior ? (which one) ?
    Mage (frost?)
    Maybe somthing else ?
    Please help me and do not say "MAN play class you enjoy..." I want to learn basic moves on character so I just want strong and not very very hard class to PVP. Thank you.
    Last edited by mmoc6662ce3cb1; 2013-03-08 at 02:25 AM.

Monk is super OP right now, if you find that hard you probably dont want to do melee pvp, so go frost mage and faceroll to 2k

Holy DKs are really hard to play.

Arms Warrior is probably the easiest just because of the power the class has(Not saying it's OP, just saying it's powerful)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Layam View Post
    Holy DKs are really hard to play.

Arms Warrior is probably the easiest just because of the power the class has(Not saying it's OP, just saying it's powerful)
    This. Swifty macro = GG, no skill at all.

Frost mage is also rub your face across the keyboard to 2k rating.

Anything else requires at least a hint of skill involved but not much because of how much burst everyone really does these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpeg View Post
    Monk is super OP right now, if you find that hard you probably dont want to do melee pvp, so go frost mage and faceroll to 2k
    Do you mean 15 % damage nerf (compared to 5.1) broken skill animation and lack of any good cc to catch ppl ? Ring o peace doesn't make monk OP class!
    I really think about frost mage and as far as I can see this WILL be best choice for me ( range caster) but I want to try once again melee class.
    Thank you Jpeg I'm waiting for more suggestions !

Frost Mage
    Arms Warrior ( wasn't he nerfed ?)
    Maybe Frost Dk ? ( i heard amazing dmg but glass cannon)

I Would like to add that I ll probably play BG ONLY random and maybe some rated. Not arenas.
    Last edited by mmoc6662ce3cb1; 2013-03-08 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaykh1 View Post
    Do you mean 15 % damage nerf (compared to 5.1) broken skill animation and lack of any good cc to catch ppl ? Ring o peace doesn't make monk OP class!
    I really think about frost mage and as far as I can see this WILL be best choice for me ( range caster) but I want to try once again melee class.
    Thank you Jpeg I'm waiting for more suggestions !

Frost Mage
    Arms Warrior ( wasn't he nerfed ?)
    Maybe Frost Dk ? ( i heard amazing dmg but glass cannon)

I Would like to add that I ll probably play BG ONLY random and maybe some rated. Not arenas.
    Arms was nerfed but not so extremely that they're not powerful anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Layam View Post
    Arms was nerfed but not so extremely that they're not powerful anymore.
    I'm just asking. I play only like 3 months this game. I was playing ele shaman then enh shaman and finally ww monk. So i think you can understand that I was unable to learn to pvp very good.. Its faceroll when ungeared unexperienced ele shama meets full geared 5 years playing warrior.
    Thats the reason I want to play not so hard but powerful character in this patch and thats why I need your help.
    I understand that I will lose vs. better people but at least I want to be able to be competitive for worse classes..
    I understand best ans easiest caster for me is frost mage.
    That will be mine finall option.
    What about melee to check firstly.
    I asked some people in a game and now I ask you here and I can see everyone says
    Warrior ( arms fury?)
    or Frost Dk
    Is warrior or frost much better or harder than this 2nd class ?
    Last edited by mmoc6662ce3cb1; 2013-03-08 at 02:45 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just asking. I play only like 3 months this game. I was playing ele shaman then enh shaman and finally ww monk. So i think you can understand that I was unable to learn to pvp very good.. Its faceroll when ungeared unexperienced ele shama meets full geared 5 years playing warrior.
    Thats the reason I want to play not so hard but powerful character in this patch and thats why I need your help.
    I understand that I will lose vs. better people but at least I want to be able to be competitive for worse classes..
    I understand best ans easiest caster for me is frost mage.
    That will be mine finall option.
    What about melee to check firstly.
    I asked some people in a game and now I ask you here and I can see everyone says
    Warrior ( arms fury?)
    or Frost Dk
    Is warrior or frost much better or harder than this 2nd class ?
    WW Monks, Enh Shaman and Ele Shaman have a higher skill cap than most.

Deleted
    So it's probably all about Frost DK/Warrior right now. I ll wait for more tips because I really don't know if I should play either warrior or Dk. Is frost much harder to play than warrior ?

Warrior > DK
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Warrior > DK
    Everytime I am on bg ( I want to say once again I want to play Bg only) I can see Dk first in dmg done. So I understand that War>Dk because of much better survi ?

Ranged is your best bet in battlegrounds.

Shadow Priests are pretty boss, but they're roughly medium on the difficulty scale (with Mages being high difficulty).

BM hunters are pretty easy to get into in BGs. If you get attacked you basically deterrence + disengage w/ speed boost talent and just bail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Ranged is your best bet in battlegrounds.

Shadow Priests are pretty boss, but they're roughly medium on the difficulty scale (with Mages being high difficulty).

BM hunters are pretty easy to get into in BGs. If you get attacked you basically deterrence + disengage w/ speed boost talent and just bail.
    Hm some ppl say play frost mage its easy and powerful. Then you say its hard to play mage it makes everything harder and harder :/

Hm some ppl say play frost mage its easy and powerful. Then you say its hard to play mage it makes everything harder and harder :/
    Mages have a high skill cap, especially for entry PvP players. They are one of the squishiest classes and have to make up for it with heavy control (somewhat tedious to pull off). Currently, Mages are somewhat akin to glass cannons but with the ability to run away (takes some doing). This is from my experience on 5.2 PTR where every melee gangs up on you so it might be different on retail. In contrast, Shadow Priests have a relatively easy time getting away from getting cluster humped. Hunters have the best chance of getting away with deterrence, disengage w/ sprint and a bunch of CC to stop players from following you (scatter, pet CC, explosive trap, freezing/frost trap).

10+ Year Old Account
    Of the three you listed, Mage. You wont get into RBGs as dps on a warrior. DK you can get into RBGs as DPS, but then you usually have to call targets. Mage you easily get into RBGS, you are overpowered 1v1, and you really don't have to do much but toss out a poly and spam ice lance.

And dont listen to this mage takes a ton of skill bullshit, its pretty dam easy. The PTR, player test realm is still up and you can still make lvl 90 template characters. I'd suggest making a mage and trying it out there if possible.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    To sum up, I have read all the topics and posts and there is 4 recommended characters.
    Frost mage
    BM hunter
    Warrior
    DK

I will try on PTR all this characters. Most of you says Warrior is better than DK so I ll probably take Warrior as a melee dps.
    And I still don't know which range BM or Frost M. Hard to decide...

I'll be happy if any1 else can say something about this classes. I appreciate every tip.
    Last edited by mmoc6662ce3cb1; 2013-03-08 at 12:35 PM.

If you are a beginner and you want something easy id take something that has good survivability. (I though WW monk is nice?) But maybe you just arent the melee type.

For the most time i played my mage and its really powerfull. You do a lot of dmg and have good CC. For bg it should be fine.
    The problem with mage is once you lose your pressure offensice cc chain, or you fucke it up or get interrupted you have almost no defense. after all i still feel like when i do a mistake i die very quick.

Last season i leveld a lock and also playing lock now. Its maybe not so easy to setup a nice kill (except you can free cast chaos bolt...) but then again you have a great survivability. Therefore it feels easy cause you have time to see what actually is happening, not like some other chars where you die without even knowing what really happend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    If you are a beginner and you want something easy id take something that has good survivability. (I though WW monk is nice?) But maybe you just arent the melee type.

For the most time i played my mage and its really powerfull. You do a lot of dmg and have good CC. For bg it should be fine.
    The problem with mage is once you lose your pressure offensice cc chain, or you fucke it up or get interrupted you have almost no defense. after all i still feel like when i do a mistake i die very quick.

Last season i leveld a lock and also playing lock now. Its maybe not so easy to setup a nice kill (except you can free cast chaos bolt...) but then again you have a great survivability. Therefore it feels easy cause you have time to see what actually is happening, not like some other chars where you die without even knowing what really happend.
    Has BM also survi ? As far as I can see more ppl say BM>Frost Mage. Yea I will probably try warrior but I think I m not really good melee type of player so it's all about BM or F Mage for me now. Being glass cannon is not for me.
    So it's time for FINAL decision. BM/Frost ?
    Last edited by mmoc6662ce3cb1; 2013-03-08 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Frost dk, imo.

Deleted
    Has BM also survi ? As far as I can see more ppl say BM>Frost Mage. Yea I will probably try warrior but I think I m not really good melee type of player so it's all about BM or F Mage for me now. Being glass cannon is not for me.
    So it's time for FINAL decision. BM/Frost ?
    Hunters have pretty much been flying under the radar forever. Its an amazing class with all the tools you need except for a spamable reliable self heal.

Death Knights are also very good in 5.2 and if you decide to try pve you can also choose tanking.

The easiest of those two would probably be Frost DK and it pretty much fits the "burn all cooldowns and smash faces in battlegrounds"-scenario you seem to be looking for