Thread: 25m FPS Issues

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

25m FPS Issues

I recently joined a 25m guild but have found that I literally cant get above 15-20 fps during raids.

Maybe im greedy and thats what most people get but from playing on high settings in 10m to going to 15-20 fps with everything low other than projected textures is really fustrating.

any ideas to solve my issues? its making me think of going back to 10m

Try turning shadows off and putting sunshafts on low, turn your particle density to about good, and view distance to fair, while in the raid. this should improve your fps a shit load and make sure you have Vsync Turned off.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

The ONLY thing that finally solved low fps problem for me was to get a really powerful CPU and then overclock it. You need to do both these things.

I bought an i7 3770k. With default clock speed the game was still lagging horribly for me in 25mans. I then bought a non-stock fan for it and overclocked it from 3.5ghz to 4.2ghz. This upped my fps in raids, I won't lie, about 30% allowing for at least 70fps on bosses where I can hardly see anything due to the amount of shit flying in all directions. It feels absolutely amazing. And yeah, I still play with shadows off. I can't possibly imagine a PC powerful enough to run WoW 25mans with everything maxed. I have spell particles on Medium which allows me to see everything going on. View distance is set to Good. Vsync off. Don't even think you can avoid these small compromises.
    Last edited by Commander; 2013-03-08 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    Addons like Recount or Skada can tax the CPU heavily in 25m raid because they have so many things to keep track of.

if you wanna raid 25man(at least the current tier which ive experienced 10/12) you better forget about things like shadows/liquiddetails/high particles, the bosses and the raid itself just overtax everything. if you throw in some 10-20mb of addons and a skada/recount things can go south easily.

Deleted
    I have everything on low put projected textures, changing graphics settings seems to do nothing

Disabling Recount > all graphical settings to minimum

Deleted
    Could you maybe list your hardware specs, as it may just be lack of power in your system?

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    The ONLY thing that finally solved low fps problem for me was to get a really powerful CPU and then overclock it. You need to do both these things.

I bought an i7 3770k. With default clock speed the game was still lagging horribly for me in 25mans. I then bought a non-stock fan for it and overclocked it from 3.5ghz to 4.2ghz. This upped my fps in raids, I won't lie, about 30% allowing for at least 70fps on bosses where I can hardly see anything due to the amount of shit flying in all directions. It feels absolutely amazing. And yeah, I still play with shadows off. I can't possibly imagine a PC powerful enough to run WoW 25mans with everything maxed. I have spell particles on Medium which allows me to see everything going on. View distance is set to Good. Vsync off. Don't even think you can avoid these small compromises.
    i7-3770k is wasted, i5-3570k is far enough for WoW.

Deleted
    Got an i7 2700k @ 4.4ghz, radeon HD 7970 @1000/1400, 8gb ram @ stock speeds.

It's not an underpowered system by any means but still won't hold 60fps solidly on ultra in busy/detailed areas of Pandaria or in hectic 25man raid scenes - it's just how wow is coded really.

try skada over recount
    turn shadows down a notch or two
    turn view distance down a notch or two
    turn liquid detail down a notch or two

Can try adding the line SET ffx "0" in the config.wtf file... Disables pixel shaders, improves frame rate for a lot of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the bigger reasons 25-mans are dying off and Blizzard does nothing but acknowledge it. With the money they get from us one could think they have the means to upgrade their tech to a level that allows people without cutting edge configurations to enjoy bigger raids.

I bought a Radeon 6870 and an i5 2500k OC'd to only 4.2 ghz on sale about a year ago for only $250 total. Getting 60 fps on high settings all day long. Sounds like if you're going to upgrade to 25m you should prob put a small bit of cash into your system too.
    Last edited by Solariis; 2013-03-08 at 04:16 PM.

An SSD can come a long way too... at least with addons that log and what not. Skada and recount demand a lot of HDD usage. An SSD would help in that regard if you want to use these addons. But like others said... you will need an overclocked CPU to get good FPS in 25 man raids.

Ye having the same problem and also on the i7 just going to join a 10 man guild

Quote Originally Posted by derp101 View Post
    Ye having the same problem and also on the i7 just going to join a 10 man guild
    Serious or trolling? What video card?

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    One of the bigger reasons 25-mans are dying off and Blizzard does nothing but acknowledge it. With the money they get from us one could think they have the means to upgrade their tech to a level that allows people without cutting edge configurations to enjoy bigger raids.
    The item squash they have talked about would actually solve some problems for a lot of people in 25-man raiding.

I was about to make a similar thread. Since 5.2 my fps in lfr has literally hit the floor. I get max 5 fps.
    Previously it was completely fine on high details. Like the OP i have tried various settings all the way to low and still have issue. Tried dropping addons like recount with no difference.
    PC completely clean, latest drivers, defrag'd etc.
    PC is Q6600 oc to 3.2 with 4gb mem on an oc 5850. This rig has played wow, and all cata in 25 man raiding guild no problem.
    I am sure this issue must be WOW related.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 2drunk2funk View Post
    I was about to make a similar thread. Since 5.2 my fps in lfr has literally hit the floor. I get max 5 fps.
    Previously it was completely fine on high details. Like the OP i have tried various settings all the way to low and still have issue. Tried dropping addons like recount with no difference.
    PC completely clean, latest drivers, defrag'd etc.
    PC is Q6600 oc to 3.2 with 4gb mem on an oc 5850. This rig has played wow, and all cata in 25 man raiding guild no problem.
    I am sure this issue must be WOW related.
    Odd, did you play at the start of MoP? They introduced a fair few new graphical tweaks between Cata and MoP that could potentially cause some slowdown. You've said you tried turning off some addons - go one step further and literally copy your interface/WTF folders to the desktop, delete the originals and try running without addons at all. See if you get the same issue.

If's just 5.2 related and was fine during 5.1, try deleting your config.wtf file - something might be conflicting with an old command.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-03-08 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    i7-3770k is wasted, i5-3570k is far enough for WoW.
    Don't know about Commander, but a friend of mine works for Intel so I was able to buy a 3770k for a price cheaper than buying a 3570k off a retailer using his employee discount.

Also, I'm running an i7 3770k at stock speeds (too lazy during the build to switch out my stock cooler with the Hyper 212 evo I bought, will do when I have time), a GTX 670, 8GB of RAM, and WoW installed on a SSD. I run the game at absolute maximum settings (all graphical settings at Ultra, 8x MSAA, 1920x1200 resolution) and I never dip below 30 FPS in 25m raids.

Some of the raiders in my guild have been experiencing FPS lag in Throne of Thunder. If you have more than 2 Hunters in your raid, you're probably going to start lagging when they Stampede / Murder of Crows with Readiness. Happened on Sha of Fear heroic, and now again in ToT.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st