Thread: 25m FPS Issues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    Don't know about Commander, but a friend of mine works for Intel so I was able to buy a 3770k for a price cheaper than buying a 3570k off a retailer using his employee discount.

Also, I'm running an i7 3770k at stock speeds (too lazy during the build to switch out my stock cooler with the Hyper 212 evo I bought, will do when I have time), a GTX 670, 8GB of RAM, and WoW installed on a SSD. I run the game at absolute maximum settings (all graphical settings at Ultra, 8x MSAA, 1920x1200 resolution) and I never dip below 30 FPS in 25m raids.
    Luckily the human eye can only see 27 fps [/troll]

@ the op, without knowing your computer's specs it will be difficult for anyone to be able to determine what your largest issue is.
    Last edited by Zlay3r; 2013-03-09 at 12:06 AM.

Deleted
    Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 850 Processor, 3300 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Total Physical Memory 8.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 5.16 GB
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Graphics Card Radeon 6770

I cant even play 25m with 15 fps in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    Some of the raiders in my guild have been experiencing FPS lag in Throne of Thunder. If you have more than 2 Hunters in your raid, you're probably going to start lagging when they Stampede / Murder of Crows with Readiness. Happened on Sha of Fear heroic, and now again in ToT.
    I think it's just a specific problem with Stampede and certain addons, Crows doesn't seem to be the problem (I know people who lag even when I don't use AMoC but obviously still use Stampede)

Quote Originally Posted by stances View Post
    Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 850 Processor, 3300 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Total Physical Memory 8.00 GB
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Graphics Card Radeon 6770

I cant even play 25m with 15 fps in combat.
    that is extremely odd, what's your fps in raid finder with no addons on?

Ah, I run 25m too on an iMac that's a good few years old. That's good to know about Recount/Skada, sounds like I'll have to disable that in the future. Are there any other relatively common addons that tax the system that much? I run stuff like DBM, Tidyplates, Bartender, SUF, TMW, as well as some more lock-specific ones like Fortexorcist and Affdots.

Also, is it possible to get a (very approximate) cost on building a desktop capable of running 25m raids at the most basic level (low-to-fair graphics, projected textures enabled, Skada/Recount enabled)? I understand if that's too vague. Would that computer be capable of running games like SC2 and Dead Space 3 well too? Haha, I'm just trying to figure out what kind of budget I'd need for a desktop capable of playing the games that catch my eye.

I'm having a similar issue OP: While I don't mind being at 20 FPS I've noticed that on fights that I was already at low FPS (damn you Elegon) I'm now at 2-3 FPS. My settings have been at low since Cata (except particle density but only high enough to see stuff) but even with turning off addons nothing is helping. I know I need a new computer badly but haven't really planned on what to get beyond the "I need a new computer" part.

Edit: My FPS die when I'm inside the area with Elegon; outside I'm fine.

Deleted
    I have almost the best PC you can buy at the moment and I'ved also OCed it.Throne of thunder makes it drop to 35 fps in 25 man lfr for some reason on ultra settings rest of the raids are constatnly at 60 - somethings wrong with the wow optimisations.