Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    I Am So Satisfied With 2H Frost in PvE

    We're currently doing split raids so my DK's group is only 11/12 but DAMN.

    I feel so useful, even as a melee. I topped meters on Iron Qon and Twin Consorts.

    This is so glorious.

    So fantastic.

  2. #2
    Killing machine is much more satisfying with a big ol 2h obliterate.

    DW lacks the satisfaction. Too much spamming of a ranged move....they should change that.

    Though apparently, playing DW the same as you play 2h isn't a huge dps loss...

  3. #3
    Not sure if trolling?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by CogDk View Post
    Not sure if trolling?
    I don't even. . . That was a worthy foe. GLOOOOOOORIOUS.
    Last edited by Kapaya; 2013-03-08 at 07:13 PM.
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse (25-N) testing is complete! Today's Wisdom:
    One man's Trash is another Man's Heroic Boss.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I don't even. . . That was a worthy foe. GLOOOOOOORIOUS.
    Lol no seriously I have no clue.

  6. #6
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    859
    Not sure if who's trolling?

    @Dossou's comment - Agreed, at current gear levels, 500ish (though yours is lot higher than mine) we're absolutely wrecking damage, plus you're a troll :-D
    @Wazooty's comment - Meh, DW has dropped behind slightly on single target... I wouldn't gimp it even more by trying to play haste/obliterate with a HB-centric spec.
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Not sure if who's trolling?

    @Dossou's comment - Agreed, at current gear levels, 500ish (though yours is lot higher than mine) we're absolutely wrecking damage, plus you're a troll :-D
    @Wazooty's comment - Meh, DW has dropped behind slightly on single target... I wouldn't gimp it even more by trying to play haste/obliterate with a HB-centric spec.
    No I genuinely thought Dossou was being sarcastic. I rarely see a post in any dk forum where someone admits we are actually in a good place and doesn't qq about something. Hats off to you sir.

  8. #8
    I agree. Although I'm Main Spec Blood now, but I do so enjoy 2 handed Frost when I get the chance to play it.
    You say that I'm cold, and sometimes I'm out of control.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Meh, DW has dropped behind slightly on single target...
    People keep saying this and I'm still not seeing any evidence.

    Simcraft isn't evidence.

  10. #10
    Field Marshal Wiizper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Killing machine is much more satisfying with a big ol 2h obliterate.

    DW lacks the satisfaction. Too much spamming of a ranged move....they should change that.

    Though apparently, playing DW the same as you play 2h isn't a huge dps loss...
    I have to disagree.

    I quite enjoy playing DW, mostly because the rotation is more complicated than "spam obliterate and frost strike"
    Also, I dont really see the need for big numbers.

    And you'll see big enough numbers on cleave fights :3

  11. #11
    2h frost is the easiest spec dw bt the hardest spec for dk.But 2h frost need a little nerf like 17% might of frozen.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    2h frost is the easiest spec dw bt the hardest spec for dk.But 2h frost need a little nerf like 17% might of frozen.
    You need to stop pretending you know anything about this game.

    I've been 2H Frost for a while, it's not a matter of skill or difficulty, I just like the frost playstyle and I like big two-handed weapons.
    Vampire Zombie Werewolf

  13. #13
    @vmagik Yeah I'm I was at 516 on raid Thursday, 517 with 2 set after raid.

    I am 100% serious. I did 133k on Durumu which is entirely single target. Only got by a Based God BM hunter.
    122k on Iron Qon
    135k on Twin Consorts

    I'm feelin' GOOOOOOD
    Last edited by Dossou; 2013-03-09 at 10:53 AM.

  14. #14
    The Patient Lachez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    272
    I enjoy both DW and 2H about equally. I went DW on a whim for ToT and I've been pleasantly surprised by it. It's great for a lot of the add-heavy fights (Ji-Kun, Tortos, Horridon, Council, etc.) which is quite a few of them. I love being able to absolutely wreck the egg spawns on Ji-Kun and still do pretty competitive dps compared to the rest of the raid, usually #2 behind our lock even in single target. Idk DW just feels like it has a little more versatility to me, but I love both.

    And yes, it is nice to see a positive thread about dks for once.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US


    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiizper View Post
    I have to disagree.

    I quite enjoy playing DW, mostly because the rotation is more complicated than "spam obliterate and frost strike"
    Also, I dont really see the need for big numbers.

    And you'll see big enough numbers on cleave fights :3
    And here i am thinkin why peoples opinion differs so greatly from mine about BTDW. I think it's much simpler compared to 2handed frost + non-existent downtime (ok maybe 1sec every 5mins or so)

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Problim View Post
    And here i am thinkin why peoples opinion differs so greatly from mine about BTDW. I think it's much simpler compared to 2handed frost + non-existent downtime (ok maybe 1sec every 5mins or so)
    Both specs are easy. But if you really wanted to compare the complexity of DW and 2H, it's pretty clear that DW is a more complex spec. If you don't see this, it's because you aren't good at either spec.

  17. #17
    I'm doing pretty good dps on most fights as well as dw on 10man
    we'll see how it ends up being though once people get gear and get used to new specs/rotations (nothing changed for us)

  18. #18
    Blademaster Protreh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    29
    We have killed 12/12 in tot and I can say that I am on par as everyone else or topping the meter on some fights, but I can say that I'll never be satisfied as long as they dont add any raid wide cd to dk's.

    Also my monk has like 25 ilvl less than my dk, and I'm only doing 20-30k less dps with that.

    I really have no idea how come you find our current situation satisfied. Maybe you find yourself useful because you're in a 25 man guild, but I can say that I'm in 10 man guild and I really hate being dk ( to not having raid wide cd's )

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    @vmagik Yeah I'm I was at 516 on raid Thursday, 517 with 2 set after raid.

    I am 100% serious. I did 133k on Durumu which is entirely single target. Only got by a Based God BM hunter.
    122k on Iron Qon
    135k on Twin Consorts

    I'm feelin' GOOOOOOD
    Feeling good by outgearing the content? Well, congrats. I'm feeling good by managing to almost reach the WoL rankings margin (was 4% short there) with my 489 weapon and 494ilvl overall...
    And btw DK is the best class ever made. Just bring me back the good old obliterate dw not this howling blast spam crap.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiizper View Post
    I have to disagree.

    I quite enjoy playing DW, mostly because the rotation is more complicated than "spam obliterate and frost strike"
    Also, I dont really see the need for big numbers.

    And you'll see big enough numbers on cleave fights :3
    Grats on having a different opinion?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •