Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    i hate new 2h frost.

Everything about it sucks.

Virtually every single post you have made since MoP opened has been about how terrible 2h-frost is now. JUST GET OVER IT. Plenty of people play 2-hand in both PVE and PVP and do just fine. You have a serious inability to adapt. You bitch and whine more than a 4 year old girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I fail to see how 2h frost has changed since Dragon Soul.
    It's actually viable.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    It's actually viable.
    Heroic Spine Tendons say hello

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Heroic Spine Tendons say hello
    Viable, not 'Works as a gimmick on one fight'. By that same token, every fight was viable with 17 stacked Sub Rogues and Arcane Mages.

I'm very fond of 2H Frost now, but let's be reasonable, pre-5.0 MOTFW it was just under-par to Dual Wield, as Hastefrost or Masterfrost for the vast majority of content.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Death Knight: Howling Blast secondary target damage to 50% of primary target (down from 65%)
    Didn't see that coming at all /sarcasm

The problem with howling blast is that it's free aoe damage while single targetting, nerfing the damage without redesigning the ability doesn't do anything other than make our aoe worse.

Maybe that's exactly what they wanted to accomplish, I don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    The problem with howling blast is that it's free aoe damage while single targetting, nerfing the damage without redesigning the ability doesn't do anything other than make our aoe worse.

Maybe that's exactly what they wanted to accomplish, I don't know.
    Personally don't understand why they haven't buffed the single target damage of Icy Touch and dropped Howling blast's damage so that:

a.) Howling blast's single target damage is less than Icy Touch
    b.) The main target and additional target damage is the same.

Possibly because it's also an ability available to Unholy+Blood unlike HB. Might also be a bit OP in PvP having a high-hitting single target frost ability that also dispells, don't know.

Deleted
    Thoroughly Agreed sir!

The satisfaction of Obliterate Crits is something which makes me smile every time i see one.
    Also, I've never felt so fluid in my (even though simple) rotation and working with tactics in raids.

It feels right, ya know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by v BLACKLIGHT v View Post
    Thoroughly Agreed sir!

I also agree.

I came back to mop 2 weeks prior to 5.2 and decided to make my DK my main again (previously was an ele shaman). In cata I was a dw frost dk which is the playstyle I prefer but so far have just been unlucky in getting a second 1-h to drop. So I'm rolling with the raidfinder elegon 2-h (non upgraded) with a 485 ilvl and I'm having a blast!!! At this point, I really couldn't care if I get two 1-h from this tier, 2-h frost is great atm.

Is it optimal or highly recommended to use blood tap for 2h frost?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choot View Post
    Is it optimal or highly recommended to use blood tap for 2h frost?
    *shrug* Haven't done many RE vs BT sims. The last time I did it seemed that at, near T15 BiS BT was outperforming RE. That's likely because you'll have so much haste that some of the RE procs can effectively be wasted (i.e. proccing as an add dies or a boss moves out of range) especially on some fights with periods of downtime. You'll literally be flooded with resources at certain points of an encounter... BT could provide a way to even out those periods between having too much and having too little.

BT stacks can be pooled to a certain extent and used on demand for when you really need them, for burst phases or that extra rune for a KM obliterate.

For now at least... When simming my char (500ish ilvl) RE seems to outperform BT, but only just. If you'd prefer the non-RNG nature of BT then you're not gimping yourself by taking it.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-03-14 at 04:02 AM.

Would I effectively nullify its advantages you've mentioned if I macrod it into Obliterate/Frost strike, kinda like the old Rune Strike? I'd essentially be turning it into a more consistent RE correct?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choot View Post
    Would I effectively nullify its advantages you've mentioned if I macrod it into Obliterate/Frost strike, kinda like the old Rune Strike? I'd essentially be turning it into a more consistent RE correct?
    Yeah, as much as it's nice to not have to worry about RNG you would just be removing any of the advantages BT has over the other options as, technically RE returns more runes overall than BT. I personally don't like the RNG nature of RE much but it does give the highest DPS potential ATM. If you did just macro BT then you're not going to notice a huuuuuge difference in DPS but, if you're trying to min-max just use it properly (bind it to a mousebutton, have a weak auras audible alert when you get to 10 stacks or something) or use RE.

have the thunderforged feather trinket, and was horrified last week when it only proc'd 10-15% at best on bosses, tonight it was doing 20-29% uptime, and now it procs at pull, so i had over 150k attack power at peak, lol cant wait to see another trinket and other numbers from people. this was frost i should run an lfr as unholy and test it doing fester
    Last edited by damescool; 2013-03-14 at 07:10 AM.