Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Majority of the fights require some form of aoe and with the better gear scaling of DW due to mastery, it will only be a matter of time till we're back to DW full-time for all bosses.

Amen to this. Blasted Durumu's face off with 150.2k DPS last night.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-03-11 at 01:48 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

So it's been a few days, we've all had some time to adjust to the changes, maybe play around with the new trinkets and tier if you're lucky.

I'm feeling very confident about the state of dps death knights in this tier, and I'm looking forward to heroic progress. Our utility seems less useful in t15 than in t14 but the numbers are as good as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Venglol View Post
    Majority of the fights require some form of aoe and with the better gear scaling of DW due to mastery, it will only be a matter of time till we're back to DW full-time for all bosses.
    To be frank 2H isn't that far behind DW in terms of AoE. I generally swap my reforges to haste>mastery>crit 2H whenever the fight demands some cleave.

Looking at simcraft as the tier progresses we're headed for the very bottom of the pile:

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic#BiS blah blah, it's a computer, etc, yes. But still. They don't pull numbers from thin air. I too enjoy wrecking currently but don't expect it to last, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

The numbers on noxxic seem like they were pulled from thin air sometimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Looking at simcraft as the tier progresses we're headed for the very bottom of the pile:

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic#BiS blah blah, it's a computer, etc, yes. But still. They don't pull numbers from thin air. I too enjoy wrecking currently but don't expect it to last, sadly.
    Its intresting that Arcane gains 85 k dps by going from 502 -> BiS lvl. Nearly same with affliction. It seems to be off

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post

Yeah those numbers are far from accurate. Far far far far

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 2 piece is pretty good. On average I get 1-2 trolls a minute and I've had 3 up at the same time.

Their special attack does something like 11-13k damage and their auto attack does 5-7k. All in all each proc does a decent amount over 100k, which isn't bad.

It's also nice that you can death pact them.

Frost seems really good although I am starting to question haste how good haste is going to be going forward in their tier. You can on almost every encounter in their cap your RP every 45 seconds to a minute with AMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    The 2 piece is pretty good. On average I get 1-2 trolls a minute and I've had 3 up at the same time.

Their special attack does something like 11-13k damage and their auto attack does 5-7k. All in all each proc does a decent amount over 100k, which isn't bad.

Frost seems really good although I am starting to question haste how good haste is going to be going forward in their tier. You can on almost every encounter in their cap your RP every 45 seconds to a minute with AMS.
    That's currently the only issue with Frost is haste is going to cap out at a certain point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

Well, with BiS you "can" get something like 14k haste o.O I start to get uncomfortable at about 9K (just personal preference really) but if you're comfortable at higher levels of haste then *shrug*

Once I start getting some of the new tier I'll likely stop at around 9-9.5K haste and plough the rest in to crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    The numbers on noxxic seem like they were pulled from thin air sometimes.
    Admittedly yes, but it would make sense if we'll scale worse than many other specs as we get more gear. Haste gets significantly worse after a certain point, crit is a bit devalued by killing machine, while most classes just scale better and better with their secondary stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Admittedly yes, but it would make sense if we'll scale worse than many other specs as we get more gear. Haste gets significantly worse after a certain point, crit is a bit devalued by killing machine, while most classes just scale better and better with their secondary stats.
    True. It does worry me a little that 2H frost is one of the top DPS specs at 509 and drops to one of the lowest by Tier15 HC BiS. If we really do scale that badly then I wonder how they're going to "fix" it by the next tier.

Of course we may end up having scaling issues, but some stuff on that website just doesn't make sense.

Why are all of the hunter specs doing more dps in the realistic charts than the maximum dps charts at multiple gear levels?

I could try to explain away the problems with the numbers, but they don't match what I've seen during ptr testing at all. I think death knights are going to be absolutely fine in this tier. Noxxic has its own problems, but it also seems like there is just something wrong with death knights in simcraft these days.

You're right though, I'd love to see killing machine get the chaos bolt treatment, and something should be done about our gcd capping issues. It's mostly because of anti magic shell, but we should not be gcd capping this early in the expansion.

Deleted
    Aye, I agree entirely with noxxic being extremly unreliable (at best). Just figured I'd point out that it's correctly demonstrating that we scale worse than most other classes.

I wouldn't be willing to say that we definitely have scaling issues at this point, especially considering how much the specs that are supposedly at the top have been changed.

Give it a few weeks and we will see what death knights in heroic gear can really do.

I honestly think Icy Touch should get a massive buff for 2H Frost so we use IT on Rime procs instead of HB.

This would in turn buff the value of mastery hopefully over crit.

I'm talking Icy Touch hitting massively hard.

Deleted
    I would love to see Killing machine reduced from 100% to 50% chance to crit, and make it proc twice as much. Add in a mechanic whereby you can stack up to 2 killing machine debuffs, to be used separately like the Frost Mage abiltiy.

i hate new 2h frost.

Everything about it sucks.

Infracted. Contribute constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-14 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    i hate new 2h frost.

Everything about it sucks.
    I fail to see how 2h frost has changed since Dragon Soul.