Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Path of Frost - OK, Glyph of Nightmares apparently not

What is the reason of why Glyph of Nightmares is nerfed in BG's while Path of Frost can still allow people to walk to mounts.

I'm so confused, because I thought Path of Frost was also affected, but somehow, last night, a my group was able to mount and walk across the river to BS in AB.

I am so confused, been trying to find some info online and apparently this is below warlock's radar.

And since we're sucking out the fun in BG's, why not disable Goblin Kites, +20% mount speed on pallies and dk's, since if we're really talking about Water Walking to be GAMEBREAKING, these 2 are much bigger culprits.

Path of Frost breaks on damage.
    Glyph of Nightmares does not.

Path of Frost requires 1/6 of our total resource.

Path of Frost is a class ability.
    Glyph of Nightmares is not.

No need to refute any of your other points, as they're irrelevant and my above points are enough.

/thread
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post

No need to refute any of your other points, as they're irrelevant and my above points are enough.

/thread
    LOL,please explain why paladian and dk can ride 20% faster withou any expense? they should be nerfed,too!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shinewaylee View Post
    LOL,please explain why paladian and dk can ride 20% faster withou any expense? they should be nerfed,too!
    Its part of the lore of the class. You don't liek it, don't play a game that is so heavily lore-based.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, spending 2 days farming mats, killing 100 mobs (some elite) running 3 separate 5man dungeons and doing this Warlock only boss to summon a Dreadstead from another planet, while running around keeping the bells up, so you can ride that Dreadstead, which runs on water, isn't really much lore.
    Than again, thats what I did, 98% of the warlock now spent 17g and became warlocks.
    Love my guildies, but where are my minions.
    [Intel i5 4690k CPU] [Asus Z97-AR Mobo] [EVGA GTX960-SSC GPU] [Crucial Ballistix 1600 8gb Memory] [Sound Blaster Zx Sound card]
    [Corsair Liquid Cooler] [EVGA Bronze 600watt Power supply] [Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD, Western Digital 7200rpm Black HDD] [Logitech G105 Keyboard and G502 mouse] [Asus 24in 144hz LED Monitor and AOC 22in LED]

Quote Originally Posted by Camnorick View Post
    Apparently, spending 2 days farming mats, killing 100 mobs (some elite) running 3 separate 5man dungeons and doing this Warlock only boss to summon a Dreadstead from another planet, while running around keeping the bells up, so you can ride that Dreadstead, which runs on water, isn't really much lore.
    Than again, thats what I did, 98% of the warlock now spent 17g and became warlocks.
    Thumbs up for this. If we're bringing lore into the equation we should indeed not forget how our mount was originally acquired; this was no laughing matter, even if this is nullified by how it is acquired today.

I for one think it's fine if they also bring in the fact that damage breaks the effect, that is fine.
    Hell I would even give health to run on the water (like burning rush)

And lol @ Broloth for his self proclaimed expertise in what is fair for which class. Very insightful, especially as you are so open to the opinions of others... A forum is a place of discussion, not a place where you jot down your opinion and tell the rest to shut up because they are wrong. Try harder.
    Read the signature rules

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post
    Thumbs up for this. If we're bringing lore into the equation we should indeed not forget how our mount was originally acquired; this was no laughing matter, even if this is nullified by how it is acquired today.

I for one think it's fine if they also bring in the fact that damage breaks the effect, that is fine.

And lol @ Broloth for his self proclaimed expertise in what is fair for which class. Very insightful, especially as you are so open to the opinions of others... A forum is a place of discussion, not a place where you jot down your opinion and tell the rest to shut up because they are wrong. Try harder.
    To be fair, his points were extremely valid. Resource cost does and should play a part in detemining what abilities are allowed. And I wasn't belittling the fact that some locks had to work their asses off for their mounts, althoguh to be fair, they havent had to do that in years. My lore response was to the wunderkid who was qqing about the increase in mount speed for pallies and dks.

Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    Resource cost does and should play a part in detemining what abilities are allowed.
    The only situation where resource cost has ANY effect on a DK's use of Path of Frost is when he was very recently in combat (so his runes are spent), or he remains in combat, where he's going to need runes.

In both situations, a Warlock cannot benefit from Glyph of Nightmares, since he cannot mount.

The vast majority of situations where Glyph of Nightmares was useful was while traveling across the map. Those are the same situations where a DK doesn't notice the rune cost of Path of Frost, at all. Path of Frost is a persistent buff, and the Frost rune regenerates long before the DK has reached his destination.

This is a straight out fun-killer for Warlocks, for no reason at all.

There is no valid reason. They'll surely have a host of excuses, none of which will actually be grounded in logic. They should deactivate ALL mount effects in RBGs and leave everything as-is in randoms.

And lol @ the DK talking about lack of Dreadsteed lore. Out of the entire 2 hour DK creation experience, not once is PoF used, nor was it ever. At least Dreadsteed had a solid 4 years +\- where it was the most exciting part of leveling.
    Last edited by Prag; 2013-03-08 at 10:23 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    There is no valid reason. They'll surely have a host of excuses, none of which will actually be grounded in logic. They should deactivate ALL mount effects in RBGs and leave everything as-is in randoms.

And lol @ the DK talking about lack of Dreadsteed lore. Out of the entire 2 hour DK creation experience, not once is PoF used, nor was it ever. At least Dreadsteed had a solid 4 years +\- where it was the most exciting part of leveling.
    Pretty sure you intentionally misinterpreted what I ws sayign solely to make this post. I wasn't talking about the lore of makign a DK in game, I was talking about overall DK lore in the Warcraft universe. If you look at it that way, PoF makes sense.

I think the sole reason is because it is water walk effect that isnt broken on damage. you cant use aqua striders waterwalk in bgs either.

/thread
    The only true valid argument is the first one, recourse is a joke because its not like you sacrifice anything at that time when using path of frost and not going to even bother with the 3e argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    What a lame and argument. I never used it when I needed that frost rune ie. being in combat..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by shinewaylee View Post
    Paladins come from Knights, Knights usually ride on Mounts.

Death Knights are self explaning.

/thread
    Glyph of Nightmares costs a glyph slot. heck I'd rather the nerf be "the glyph is now a major one" if they wanted to make it an actual cost, or simply adding "taking damage while water walking will dismount you". Anything but a straight up "sorry, your glyph doesn't work in battlegrounds anymore, deal with it". Eh I guess we can suggest changes for 5.3 when the time comes.

10+ Year Old Account

/thread
    If you're not open to discussion on a discussion forum you are probably in the wrong place. I highly recommend you don't answer posts like this in future, cause it will likely get you infracted for trolling at some point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post

But in that case, Dreadsteeds should not walk on water, they should FLY !

fist why can't my buring pony fly and leave hell and destruction behind? right cos blizzard sucks!
    2nd .. we have to use 1 slot of 3 and it can't ride on water while a dk uses a 4sec cooldown (thats more or less the time till the rune is back up) ..
    3 .. WHY CAN'T MY POWNY BURN ALL THE USELESS CLASSES !!!!

*eats souls to relax ...*
    ah way better .. well i guess thats just the way it is sadly. affli got a spell to walk on water but then again affli is pretty bad at pvp (atleast i hate the fact that some classes use 1 dispell and boom all my dots are gone)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

And that makes them ride 20% faster how exactly?

The ONLY argument for your point is Knights are based off mounts, so they have higher expertise with said mounts and so allow them to ride the mount faster.

Well the dreadsteed is a demon horse, and warlocks command demons and have higher expertise with them, so going by that same logic surely we should be able to ride it 20% faster as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

I remember one the paladins of Warcraft 3 voices was:
    "Is that a sword? Luxury! Is that a horse? Sloth! Is that a helmet? Vanity!"

Therefore they shouldn't have lorewise a connection to mounts.