10+ Year Old Account

Started on the game again - Need help from the Wizards!

Hello there,

After my friends started to play Diablo3 again I figured I'd join them again, but it has been over 6 month since I last touched the game.
    I was wondering if I could get any help from the Wizards out there that could give me some updates on what have happened and how I should build my Wizard.

What are the stats priority list?
    What skills should I use?
    Is Hydra and IAS as good as it used to be in the start? I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that they nerfed it.

Thanks for all your answers!
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play a wizard, but I know the preferred spec of choice is the Critical Mass build. This video is old but shows a pretty good budget for CM wizardry.

Build info

Probably all a little oudated before 1.0.7, but still relevant. Plus, with the new crafted gear, you might be able to get some good gear with it.

If it's any bad info, I apologize. My extent of knowledge for it is "crit chance high, arcane power on hit gear (weapon/off-hand), Critical Mass, cooldowns go to nothing, spam Frost Nova and Diamond Skin

depends on your gear/gold you can spend and also what do you plan to play (monster power, act, solo or group)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing around with the CM build and it kinda works good, and was quite lucky to get some good items and sold some of my old items so right now I wonder why item I should go for to increase my DPS. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Z...54/hero/747180 ( can see it's not updated yet but hopefully it soon will. )
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Craft shoulders.

Get a good rolled Stormcrow with 4% crit

Get 4% crit rolled Lacuni bracers, or craft you're own.

Consider get Zuni boots + Zuni ring with IAS for like 10-15 million. Normal Zuni ring can also be fine, its cheap.

Look up people's gear on offical forum, heres mine: 180 million http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Djuntas-2390/

Edit: Plenty of ways to gear as CM - I choose to use 3 Zuni items (Chest, instead of tal Chest) at the moment, but Tal rasha chest is solid also. I just needet the all res.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Craft shoulders.

Get a good rolled Stormcrow with 4% crit

Get 4% crit rolled Lacuni bracers, or craft you're own.

Consider get Zuni boots + Zuni ring with IAS for like 10-15 million. Normal Zuni ring can also be fine, its cheap.

Look up people's gear on offical forum, heres mine: 180 million http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Djuntas-2390/

Edit: Plenty of ways to gear as CM - I choose to use 3 Zuni items (Chest, instead of tal Chest) at the moment, but Tal rasha chest is solid also. I just needet the all res.
    Unless you have 100 paragon already, storm crow is never worth it. Don't think it can roll both socket and crit.

I got to level 60 on mine today so I'm no expert but after spending around 10 mil on it, I got around 90k damage, 41k health, 800+ all resist, 51.5% crit, 250% crit damage and it's going really smoothly so far. I think some people are too obsessed about damage and neglect defenses. Much easier to just sit in their face and AoE than waste time kiting and teleporting and CCing them..

Well, different people different taste. I don't care for shit about paragon levels, some do. Storm Crow, even a good rolled with 4% crit cost like 10 million gold at most now days, and crappy 3% are almost free. With Stormcrow you get the life on hit, and 9-10 APoC witch is critical. If you can get a APoC Chantodo's, go with Crit mempho, but thats VERRRY exspensive. So with Stormcrow + Jousting leggings you could get over 800 life on hit from just 2 items.

You are right that sheet damage dosen't matter to much for CM Wizards. Also 10 million wtf? Thats really cheap, guess you play on US. Could buy 1 decent item for that inn EU. Getting attack speed aint cheap to. I found you really want 2 attack speed before the build can work, and hitting the breakpoints can help abit, but I didn't find it to be massive.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Critical Mass build and farm MP5 with ease, even in horrible gear.

Ive just started using the CM build, and its EPIC. So easy to farm with this build.

When I came back I did WW/CM build. Only spent 150 mil on gear and leveled through Inferno in one day on MP7 and the only time I died was if I got horrible affixes and teleport was on CD. Usually it was a Vortex with arcane or Molten and I couldnt port away fast enough. What you want to shoot for is around 500 resists, you HAVE to have 2.51 APS to get 33 ticks per tornado, and 40% crit chance. Crit damage doesnt matter you want Attack speed and crit chance on EVERY item possible and only then add crit damage if you can afford it. Also go for the Blackthorne 2 pieces using Legs and Ammy thats a lot of LoH and good survivablity right there. Get All Resists on the legs and get 9% crit chance on the Ammy. If going for Chantodo set you MUST have 1.71 APS if you didnt get a lot of IAS on other pieces. If you have at least 50% IAS you can go for an open socket so you can get some crit damage and still maintain 2.51 APS. Heres several good links:

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/7980...ve-cmww-guide/ CM/WW Guide
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/8419...rd-gear-guide/ Gear Guide
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...0301791?page=1 SNS (Shock/Nado/Shards) Guide

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Critical Mass build and farm MP5 with ease, even in horrible gear.
    Try MP 7 and Crypt of the ancients on MP10 just kite the elite around and keep him frozen then lead him to the bottem and teleport back to the top after everything is dead and gate out. The first night I hit 60 I did 10 paragon levels in there and got 2 legendaries, and 2 decent rares that sold for 10 mil total. Not a lot but not bad for a fresh 60.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Unless you have 100 paragon already, storm crow is never worth it. Don't think it can roll both socket and crit.
    Go with the crow. I opted for bonus armor on mine so didnt get any crit chance and still was at a nice even 50% crit chance with the scoundrel. So get one with an open socket, you dont need the crit cause Scoundrel will give you the 3% the helm would have for free. If you dont get Stormcrow it means you need 2 pieces with APoC and you dont wanna try and get that from the Chantodo source as they are silly expensive.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2013-03-13 at 01:50 AM.

i play a monk and duoing with a bad-ass cm wiz on mp10 is FUN with cyclone strike. best synergy between two classes in the game, atm, i think.
    so much fun I built a CM wiz myself. i've learned i *really* hate soloing CM. i prefer to pop into archon and stay perma-archon when soloing.

if anyone has a solid wizard or monk feel free to send me a /w, always looking for good players to destroy things with. Aelfin#1213

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelfin View Post
    i play a monk and duoing with a bad-ass cm wiz on mp10 is FUN with cyclone strike. best synergy between two classes in the game, atm, i think.
    so much fun I built a CM wiz myself. i've learned i *really* hate soloing CM. i prefer to pop into archon and stay perma-archon when soloing.

if anyone has a solid wizard or monk feel free to send me a /w, always looking for good players to destroy things with. Aelfin#1213
    Yea the problem with wizards is that they don't have a good defensive ability. Crystal skin is useless, even with CM build, it's just too weak and doesn't allow you to just stand in fire and everything and AoE monsters down. I guess mirror images with CM kinda comes close but unfortunately it doesn't stop everything from attacking you and it also does nothing against AoE damage. I haven't tried WD yet but every other class has some form of temporary immunity to damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Yea the problem with wizards is that they don't have a good defensive ability. Crystal skin is useless, even with CM build, it's just too weak and doesn't allow you to just stand in fire and everything and AoE monsters down. I guess mirror images with CM kinda comes close but unfortunately it doesn't stop everything from attacking you and it also does nothing against AoE damage. I haven't tried WD yet but every other class has some form of temporary immunity to damage.
    Cant tell if serious? With Prismatic Armor I was at 5k armor and almost 900 all resists. I could perma freeze everything with 2.54 APS and with 1400 LoH couldnt come close to dying. This was on MP 7. I only had 125k DPS but would have tried 9 or 10 if it was over 150k. Dont have temporary immunity? They have PERMANENT Immunity. Last time I checked that was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Cant tell if serious? With Prismatic Armor I was at 5k armor and almost 900 all resists. I could perma freeze everything with 2.54 APS and with 1400 LoH couldnt come close to dying. This was on MP 7. I only had 125k DPS but would have tried 9 or 10 if it was over 150k. Dont have temporary immunity? They have PERMANENT Immunity. Last time I checked that was better.
    wasn't sure if he was serious or not, either. at 125k dps, if you could raise your ias to 2.73, i'd happily take you on mp10 runs. with your loh you'd survive easy and you could drop prismatic for storm armor/shocking aspect. your multiplier would more than make up the difference. even at 2.5 ias i'd run with ya if your crit is high enough and you're willing to just skip single elites or at least drag em to the next big group.

2.5 ias, 50-55% crit, 750 ar, 40k hp is enough for wizards to hit mp10 with a good group. i've gone in with wizards at 80-90k dps at mp10 and have had no problems with them. 100k dps with 16x modifier > 150k dps with 5x modifier. paper dps is not real dps.

should look up CM wizard build