Poll: What would you do?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Dated a Korean-American girl here in the states, her overprotective Korean mother was convinced I was a criminal because I'm from the Balkans.
    Hah thinking you are a criminal for that reason is abit over the top. Mothers must protect their daughters!

It was infuriating. When traveling though western Europe, I never got how how western (and northern) Europeans, who historically raped, pillaged, and forced imperialism across the globe get held up as paragons and then turn around and treat the eastern half of Europe like shit.
    Greece have done a fair share of things too^^ And who can hate on where Aristotle is from.

Meh, if it was me and he was an ass due to my being from the Balkans, I'd earn that hate then. Seduce his wife, if she's amiable. Nothing quite as poetic as a man who harbors ethnic hatred unknowingly raising a child who's real father is someone he was bigoted against.
    before i couldn't flirt with her, but now i am to make her pregnant. Haha i think it would have failed though, as i have slightly darker skin tone, dark hair etc
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    before i couldn't flirt with her, but now i am to make her pregnant. Haha i think it would have failed though, as i have slightly darker skin tone, dark hair etc
    Well, yeah, when it gets ethnic, the rules change. Make that bastard raise a little southern European baby. Even out his bigotry :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 11:49 AM ----------

Hah thinking you are a criminal for that reason is abit over the top. Mothers must protect their daughters!
    The funny thing was I was better educated than her and her daughter, came from a better background, and her mother had married an American just for a green card and then shacked up with a Korean guy who burned her little shop down for insurance money.

Luckily I got out of that relationship fast. On top of the mother's issues her daughter was stupid, uneducated, and literally used sex to get material things from guys she knew.

In this case the dirty, evil eastern European was far above the people he was dealing with >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    I hope he beats the shit out of you for flirting with his wife.
    Pretty much this. I hate people that don't mind their own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I'm Italian too and I tell you, let me give you a friendly advice.
    ALWAYS state your nationality as soon as you have the chance. People will treat you differently unless you find the hardcore foreign hater which hates every outsider, but that's pretty rare at least from my personal experience.
    I know it's ridicolous but what can you do?
    Hmm maybe i will do that, but most norwegian hear on my "english accent" that im french though. But it doesn't hurt to try if i were to meet others who had a "problem" with me

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    just hopping into this thread again since i have nothing else to do.
    as djalil said, stating your nationality might help... alltough i dont like to admit it, i see that quite many norwegians are afraid of / somewhat rasist against people who doesnt look 'nordic'

having travelled a lot myself, i dont really care anymore. But having to read news every saturday about how 3 men from pakistan raped a girl outside a bar, or 2 polish men starting a fight over a woman.. or that indian man beating his wife? it doesnt help ...

just want to say tho, i am aware that MOST people who come to norway have fled here for a reason, and are looking to start peaceful new lives.
    Yeah but im liveing here to study, and im acting "normal" as norwegians are. Most (not all!) men from Poland are in Norway to work to earn money they can bring back to their home country.
    And you can't compare Europeans to people from ME/Asia as in how they behave/cultures

Deleted
    Hmm maybe i will do that, but most norwegian hear on my "english accent" that im french though. But it doesn't hurt to try if i were to meet others who had a "problem" with me

Yeah but im liveing here to study, and im acting "normal" as norwegians are. Most (not all!) men from Poland are in Norway to work to earn money they can bring back to their home country.
    And you can't compare Europeans to people from ME/Asia as in how they behave/cultures
    Yeh you're lucky with the accent. It's very recognisable. I myself need to speak like joe Pesci for fucks sake to get the first impression right

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Well, yeah, when it gets ethnic, the rules change. Make that bastard raise a little southern European baby. Even out his bigotry :P
    Hehe he would have "deserved" that, but i would never let that asshole raise my child.

The funny thing was I was better educated than her and her daughter, came from a better background, and her mother had married an American just for a green card and then shacked up with a Korean guy who burned her little shop down for insurance money.

Luckily I got out of that relationship fast. On top of the mother's issues her daughter was stupid, uneducated, and literally used sex to get material things from guys she knew.

In this case the dirty, evil eastern European was far above the people he was dealing with >.>
    sounds like a very complicated and messy relationship>_< The "evil european" was lucky he got out of that one^^

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yeh you're lucky with the accent. It's very recognisable. I myself need to speak like joe Pesci for fucks sake to get the first impression right
    hahaha good luck with that^^

Deleted
    there's something in cat crying that simply break my hearth deeply

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    there's something in cat crying that simply break my hearth deeply
    Crying about cats?

Well then watch this and forever be hugging furries!

Dont worry there is no violence involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sB6Q0-SaNk

This is part of a bigger movie from the 70's which alternates black and white close to non sensical irony and cartoons with a wonderful musical background.
    It's poetry, I watched it when I was like 6 and I'm not afraid to say it directly affected the way my personality evolved
    I'd recommend it to anyone, is called "allegro ma non troppo" by Bruno bozzetto.
    It's Italian but don't worry there is very little talking...

Sorry was I offtopic again?
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2013-03-08 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    no worries I'm italian so..

I would tell the owners and ensure the cat got out safe and sound. If the owner would not open the door I would call animal cruelty and report it.

I'd do the same thing you did. If the neighbors didn't cooperate (refused to let the cat out or whatever), I would imagine you could also probably get animal control, or some similar kind of authority, involved to take care of it. They won't get involved unless there's some kind of cruelty involved, but I'd say keeping a cat stuck in a garage for 48+ hours without food/water probably counts for that. Either way, I'm too much of an animal lover to let something like that stand. I would see that it got taken care of somehow.

Also your neighbor is a dick.

edit: nevermind, I just noticed the OP isn't in the US. Still, I would imagine surely there must be _some_ kind of authority there that deals with stray animals, animal cruelty, and things like that though, wouldn't there?
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-03-08 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    I wish i would have done the same thing
    But i dont really know if maybe i would have ignored it...
    But no matter what, what you did was the right thing and everything else just is wrong^^