Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    It seems the xp you get is tied to the zone (or pet level?) for example in Jade Forest I got 101k per win(3 x 25 pets) in Deepholm I got 96k (3 x 23 pets) and in Solozar basin I got 85k (3 x 21 pets) against 3 Snakes I can whip XT out, use heartbreaker, then tantrum and it'll kill the front pet and both back pets in 3 moves. Its an easy 85k xp imo.

http://imgur.com/cYy10ez http://imgur.com/cYy10ez

Pet xp boosted by Safari hat, but no char boosts like looms or standards.
    Yeah, I think I was getting character XP and pet XP mixed up. Sorry about that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    LF a kind soul to check something out for me

grab a level 10 toon and a lvl 90 mage friend with a 2-sitter flying mount. have your mage friend open a portal to pandaria and fly you to the BMAH area. do pet battles there and inform me of how much experience and percentual progress you got from a pet battle in a top level area (with no aggressive mobs) on a low level character
    lv 12 monk, went to play by BMAH, I got 668 xp for a win, 12% of my XP bar.

Edit: Just defeated Nitun then fabled racoon in jade forest, that rewarded 742 XP. If the % stays the same at higher levels, it will be good, but at low levels quests and dungeons will be faster imo.
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2013-03-08 at 12:54 PM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

My lvl 1 test char getting 10 exp per battle with 3 lvl 1 pets... yeah, buzzkillers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back to my lv 87 mage, I'm up in Kun Lai now, getting upto 136k XP Per pet battle win. \o/
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Back to my lv 87 mage, I'm up in Kun Lai now, getting upto 136k XP Per pet battle win. \o/
    88 lock - getting between 150-175K per battle in Kun Lai as well (with Faire bonus) Still FAR better than questing (for me anyways) yet AGAIN through the same areas!

As of 5:20pm central time on Duskwood, I'm getting 540xp with level 51 character with 2 heirloom pieces of jewelry (so about 0.4%). A level 28 with 4 pieces of heirloom gets 189 xp for the same battle which is 0.7%. All are level 1 pets vs stormwind critters. This morning at 7:30am, I was getting 3k for the level 28 (about 10%) and 8k (about 6%) for the 51. I guess I'm done with pet battles. When the nerf takes it from a high single digit to less than 1%, why bother.

I bet you'll see different exp totals if you fight critters in your level 'range' with appropriate level pets. Using level 22 pets fighting level 24-25 critters in Kun Lai - my lock was getting around 175K per battle.

If I drop down and use level 1 pets VS level 1 critters in SW - I get 8500 xp

You're probably right, but at that point, why bother with pet battles? It seems like it would still be quicker to follow a quest guide and/or do dungeons rather than first getting pets up to the level appropriate and then alternating through enough pets in that range to get my character through the appropriate range. Maybe not. I'm sure someone will math it out before too long and I'll profit from their work, just like I do from coming here, icy veins, etc.

At this point, I personally just want to get a few of my alts to 85 so I can level in Panderia, which is questing I enjoy (despite it seeming like most people hate panderia). FWIW, I understand the concern that folks would get to max level and not know their classes, but I like to think I'm special since I nerd out about reading how the different classes work. That's mostly joke. I'd just love to be able to cut out the 20-80 slog. I'd pay good money for it even.

*edited to remove stuff about me you don't care about*
    Last edited by mooftak; 2013-03-09 at 01:11 AM.