Poll: Should they nerf rareelite's direhorn droprates ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Just when I thought I'd seen it all, up to but not including attack ships on fire off Orion's shoulder, I come across this topic. The poll results, however, give me some measure of hope for the future of humanity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    I don't want it to be nerfed now, just in the next patch or next expansion
    Get it through your head that by the time 5.3 rolls around at least 20% of people you see in random BGs will be riding this "rare" mount and every WSG you run will be like Jurassic Park. Blizzard haven't nerfed the drop rates of these before, what makes this Direhorn so different? Oh wait, you have one. By the time you want this nerf to happen the "damage" will be done and everyone who is half serious about wanting to farm one of these will have one. If that makes it rare then you have a different definition of the word than the rest of the world. Just becuase a mount isn't gifted to by hitting exalted with a faction doesn't mean it's rare and unique.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Get it through your head that by the time 5.3 rolls around at least 20% of people you see in random BGs will be riding this "rare" mount and every WSG you run will be like Jurassic Park. Blizzard haven't nerfed the drop rates of these before, what makes this Direhorn so different? Oh wait, you have one. By the time you want this nerf to happen the "damage" will be done and everyone who is half serious about wanting to farm one of these will have one. If that makes it rare then you have a different definition of the word than the rest of the world. Just becuase a mount isn't gifted to by hitting exalted with a faction doesn't mean it's rare and unique.
    If 20% of peoples effectively have this mount (Btw most of the players wont even farm it), they wont ride it cause it wont be rare, so we wont see 20% of the peoples with it in battlegrounds, get over your failed theories, Blizzard havn't nerfed the drop rates of these before ? These what ? What are you talking about ?
    No need to seriously farm it to get it when you can one shot them with a level 95.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-08 at 04:50 PM.

Deleted
    If 20% of peoples effectively have this mount, they wont ride it cause it wont be rare, so we wont see 20% of the peoples with it in battlegrounds, get over your failed theories, Blizzard havn't nerfed the drop rates of these before ? These what ? What are you talking about ?
    No need to seriously farm it to get it when you can one shot them with a level 95.
    Sigh, you are oblivious to everyone's point, but here I go one last time. You say "hey, got this new rare mount, wouldn't it be cool if all rare mounts keep their exclusivity so they are always cool?". Me and everyone else say " but Direhorns aren't going to be rare in the first place so who cares". They didn't take out the Raven Lord when Anzu became soloable. Ashes of A'lar is still ingame even though Kael'thas is getting murdered by hundreds of soloists every week. The amount of care Blizzard has shown about keeping old mounts exclusive so far has been next to none. The Direhorns are not going to initiate a new design philosophy from them. If I were you I would just enjoy your mount for the next few weeks while they are kinda rare and maybe one day one of these http://www.wowhead.com/item=50818/invincibles-reins will drop for you.

Deleted
    I don't know and i don't care, of course i want nobody else to have it on later expansions, that's normal, it wouldn't be fair.
    In what way wouldn't it be fair? It's not like they are hard to kill with a group of 2-3 people. Do i want every rare mount i got removed? No, people should have the same chance as everyone else. And besides this is NOT a rare mount, was never intended to be. If you had 1 chance each week with a lower droprate i'ts a rare mount, hell even the white primal bone raptor will become A LOT rarer than these mounts.

Deleted
    This thread is so pointless.
    I have the mount already. I'll ride it even if everyone is riding one, because I like it.
    I don't care for exclusivity, hell is even better when everyone is riding one, because now I can enjoy the awesomeness of seeing everyone around me riding an epic triceratops mount, nothing bugs me the most than people riding ugly mounts just because they are rare thinking they are hot because they are over a shiny piece of yellow-purple-orange crazyness. (yes, ashes of a'lar, you are ugly and your color hurts my eyes)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    You should stop it, look at your own poll results.

Your suggestion is a bad one and makes no sense. This mounts are not deisgned to be as rare as Mimiron Head or Invincible. They are designed to be as Stone Drakes in cata.
    Except I can farm stone drakes all by myself without worrying about people griefing the mob I just tagged spamming taunts and reseting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Except I can farm stone drakes all by myself without worrying about people griefing the mob I just tagged spamming taunts and reseting him.
    Offtopic a little, but just report them. Grieving is a bannable offense

What you are saying makes no sense, if it's not designed to be rare, so .... WHY IT IS ?
    It drops with about 1% chances on rarelites and Oondasta, how can you say that it's not designed to be rare ?

The stone drakes in cata were designed to be rare dude, the alchemist one was fucking expensive, the red one was originally hard to get, the blue and purple ones were duper rares, btw, mounts rarity are designed case-by-case.

The rarest capurable pet ever ?
    I just think that i should stop talking to you since it has nothing rare at all ...

I saw it several times, and i sometimes killed it cause it was grey lolz
    It is not deisgned to be rare, its designed to take time before people get it. It drops from guys with a respawn rate of less than an hour, and there are 5 of them, how can you say its meant to be rare? Seriously...

Time-Lost Proto drakes was designed to be rare. 6 hour respawn on ONE SINGLE MOB IN THE ENTRIE WORLD and that respawns was SHARED (meaning the mob may not respawn in over a day).

This mounts are not designed to be rare, and its fine, not every new mount needs to be rare.

The stone drakes were not rare, half the populations of servers had one in a few weeks.

Over 90% of the people voting in this poll telling you that you are wrong, seriously, stop it.

Not everything needs to be rare.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 02:44 PM ----------

Cause i still not saw any irrefutable proof that what i think is wrong.

I farmed it, i got it on my 57th attempt.
    And every human wants to be a special snowflake, most of the peoples don't admit it cause they think that thinking in another way makes them badass.
    You are completely wrong.

Not every one wants to be a special snowflake, only a very small people do, and they are not the people i would like to hang with.

You need to be very selfish to want to be a special snowflake.

Some of us would actually want EVERYONE int he world to have as many things as we have.

I would be the happiest person in the world if everyone has AT LEAST everything i have.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 02:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    I often use a lvl20 tiger on my hunter - it matches the ghost sabre I got from darkshore
    I use the Frostwolf in my Orc Shaman. I use the buyable little yak in the rest.

For flying i use the Stonehide mount, the black drake one or the Shieldwall armored one.

I have plenty of rarer mounts, but i like those (the wolf i use it because i want to imagine my Orc Shaman as part of the Frostwolf clan, even when i dont play in a RP server).

I personally use a mod that gives me a random mount when i mount up. I don't give a toss what mount I'm on 90% of the time.

The other 10% I'm playing my druid. Flight form ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    D'aaw, special snowflake wishes to be special, and unique, well too bad for you as seeing as others can get the mount aswell, it isnt a "oh yeah, i got such and such item, now remove it plox Blizz kthxbai" - no, it doesn't work like that, now get off your high horse and stop sobbing over the fact that more than just one person can have the new mounts
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought drops rates were always crap on this kind of stuff. Blizz should buff the in-expansion drop rate (not to anything like 100%, but maybe 5 or 10%) and then nerf it to .3% in the next X.0.0 expansion patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    It is not deisgned to be rare, its designed to take time before people get it. It drops from guys with a respawn rate of less than an hour, and there are 5 of them, how can you say its meant to be rare? Seriously...

Time-Lost Proto drakes was designed to be rare. 6 hour respawn on ONE SINGLE MOB IN THE ENTRIE WORLD and that respawns was SHARED (meaning the mob may not respawn in over a day).

This mounts are not designed to be rare, and its fine, not every new mount needs to be rare.

The stone drakes were not rare, half the populations of servers had one in a few weeks.

Over 90% of the people voting in this poll telling you that you are wrong, seriously, stop it.

Not everything needs to be rare.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 02:44 PM ----------

You are completely wrong.

Not every one wants to be a special snowflake, only a very small people do, and they are not the people i would like to hang with.

You need to be very selfish to want to be a special snowflake.

Some of us would actually want EVERYONE int he world to have as many things as we have.

I would be the happiest person in the world if everyone has AT LEAST everything i have.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 02:47 PM ----------

I use the Frostwolf in my Orc Shaman. I use the buyable little yak in the rest.

For flying i use the Stonehide mount, the black drake one or the Shieldwall armored one.

I have plenty of rarer mounts, but i like those (the wolf i use it because i want to imagine my Orc Shaman as part of the Frostwolf clan, even when i dont play in a RP server).
    Thinking like this we could say that every mount has been designed to take time before people have it, cause if you farm each mount of the game you'll almost obviously finish by having it.

Having ONE of thoses mounts using the same model doesn't make the others less rare, as i said, the rarity of mounts is designed case by case.

I'm not completely wrong, everyone wants to be a special snowflake, saying "HAHAHA U SPECIAL SNOwFLAKE YOU WANT RARE MOUNT QSHDKIPOQS" is a way to be a special snowflake "HEY HEY LOOK AT ME I DONT CARE ABOUT RARITY I AM SO WISE".

I honestly don't care about everyone in the world having as many things as we have, just, it would be cool if it was the case that's all, the fact is that we're talking about a mount. It can't be unique, but it can be rare, and i prefer rare thing, it's in human natures, and that's why unique jewels and clothes for exemple are sold for incredible ammount of money.
    For exemple, if everyone in the game could have infinite ghost iron, it wouldn't be a problem for me, (i'm a miner).
    But a mount is in game what are jewels in reality, i wouldn't buy expensive jewels cause it's too expensive but that's the same principle.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    D'aaw, special snowflake wishes to be special, and unique, well too bad for you as seeing as others can get the mount aswell, it isnt a "oh yeah, i got such and such item, now remove it plox Blizz kthxbai" - no, it doesn't work like that, now get off your high horse and stop sobbing over the fact that more than just one person can have the new mounts
    Never said that i should be the only one to get it, i only said that it should be rarer after MoP/5.2, cause it would be more fair regarding peoples who farmed it on the first days.

You must be new. Most rare mounts become common with time.

I'm guessing you got one and now wanna be special until the end of WoW? Yeah, not gonna happen.

I've killed 9 of them so far, no mount yet. Also they hot-fixed them, insanely hard to solo now that 8 second fear will leash it >.<
    You say that I'm cold, and sometimes I'm out of control.

They wont be unique, give it a few days and people hit exalted with kirin / horde vers and have the golden direhorn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    You must be new. Most rare mounts become common with time.

I'm guessing you got one and now wanna be special until the end of WoW? Yeah, not gonna happen.
    New ?
    Yeh i only started playing on 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexanna View Post
    I've killed 9 of them so far, no mount yet. Also they hot-fixed them, insanely hard to solo now that 8 second fear will leash it >.<
    You can kick it ...