Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Rogues are absurd

Rogues have become absurd.

I play a WW monk (aka Lolwalker or Windlol this patch due to GC's buffs in order to increase the representiveness in pvp, that turned out to be nerfs or tweaks/sidegrades at best, but then you can't really accuse Blizzard of making sense). My gear is an asortment of dreadful and malev, with pvp weapons, and my resilience is slightly above 66%.

I was in AV guarding a tower when this rogue passed by on a battlemaster mount (so I guess he had at least some clue about pvp and good gear too). I opened with ranged paralysis to stop him (my gap closer as I prefer to keep the actual gap closers as anti-kiting tools). When I got near him he instantly vanished and cheap shotted me (he also had subterfuge as he didn't come out of stealth for 3 seconds) and...then I died. I actually got raped in 3 fucking seconds before the stun even wore off. I didn't think such a thing was possible.

No, I don't care how many cds he popped, no class in the game should be able to drop another in 3 seconds. Not even warriors in 5.0 were capable of this, and warriors got nerfed because they put out too burst much damage. How exactly does it serve balance when you exchange one class' absurd performance for another ?!

I don't expect to be able to win against a better geared and more experienced player, like he obviously was, but to die in 3 seconds while even being unable to respond ?! That's not what pvp should be about. Already, pvp in this game seems to be about denying the opponent control over his character for as long as possible, which is a stupid way to balance pvp around, last thing the game needs is classes that can do that while nuking an opponent from 100% to 0% though a good amount of resilience.

PS: In before
    L2p
    Lol 1v1
    Rogues are fine
    But I can't kill warriors, boo-hoo

10+ Year Old Account
    rogues are fine, get some resil

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to trinket the opener or you're going to die. The only time you don't trinket the opener is if the Rogue didn't use his on use trinket or shadow blades. Its the same thing is if a Mage has you in a deep freeze with cool downs or a Warrior using Avatar/recklessness/trinket/skull banner into a Shockwave. If you don't trinket the Shockwave or Deep Freeze... you're going to die.

and how can we know that the rogue used all he's CDs, if we can't even see him due to the 3 second stealth he has after starting combat?

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 09:46 PM ----------

Also, this is a perfect example of how Blizzard doesn't have any clue how to actually fix PvP. I mean, wth, they started the PTR patch notes for this new patch with frost mage nerfs, but it ended up with a buff to them instead. More dmg on frostbolt, 1 sec longer deep freeze, or a deep freeze off the GCD with the same duration as before, I mean wtf? other classes would have to choose to either have the same "long" duration, OR get it off the GCD, but not mages, they shouldn't be nerfed in anyway.
    Same with rogues, they where NOT bad, they just suffered from to many FOTM rerollers from the end of Cata where they were OP, to a balanced class that took skills to master. Unfortunatly, Blizz don't want mages and rogues to be anything BUT OP, and certainly not to take any skill to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    You have to trinket the opener or you're going to die. The only time you don't trinket the opener is if the Rogue didn't use his on use trinket or shadow blades. Its the same thing is if a Mage has you in a deep freeze with cool downs or a Warrior using Avatar/recklessness/trinket/skull banner into a Shockwave. If you don't trinket the Shockwave or Deep Freeze... you're going to die.
    In any serious situation if you trinket an opener you're going to die 20 seconds later.

Also, this is a perfect example of how Blizzard doesn't have any clue how to actually fix PvP. I mean, wth, they started the PTR patch notes for this new patch with frost mage nerfs, but it ended up with a buff to them instead. More dmg on frostbolt, 1 sec longer deep freeze, or a deep freeze off the GCD with the same duration as before, I mean wtf? other classes would have to choose to either have the same "long" duration, OR get it off the GCD, but not mages, they shouldn't be nerfed in anyway.
    Same with rogues, they where NOT bad, they just suffered from to many FOTM rerollers from the end of Cata where they were OP, to a balanced class that took skills to master. Unfortunatly, Blizz don't want mages and rogues to be anything BUT OP, and certainly not to take any skill to play.

Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    and how can we know that the rogue used all he's CDs, if we can't even see him due to the 3 second stealth he has after starting combat?
    Since I haven't paid attention:

1) Non-addon: can you not hear the sounds of trinket activation etc if a rogue is in stealth?
    2) Addon: if the rogue is in stealth, do those events not register in the combat log, which GladiatorLossa or similar would pick up?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's so absurd about a 5s cheapshot into a 2.5s cheapshot? It's not like it's so OP that it needs to be nerfed like 3s warbringer into 4s shockwave was. Obviously 7.5s of stun from stealth is so avoidable it makes it fair compared to 7s of stun from a charging warrior...

and clearly having your entire team cheapshotted by 1 rogue is fair because they had to talent for it. Talents are hard.

If GC was being fair, like that will ever happen, cheapshot would have a 45s CD. Garrote would have a 1min CD. Vanish wouldnt be an immunity. CloS would have a 2min CD. And Feint would have a 2min CD.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-03-08 at 09:42 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

How about a link to this monk so we can see the gear that you died in under 3secs in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    How about a link to this monk so we can see the gear that you died in under 3secs in.
    Sadly, I logged out before checking his armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    rogues are fine, get some resil
    resil actually doesn't fix it ^^. rogue dmg [like dks] is pretty crazy, play on the ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventolin View Post
    Sadly, I logged out before checking his armory.
    That wasn't what I asked.

Deleted
    Nah, sorry, not looking forward to be armory bashed.

Boo-hoo, you don't have an arena team. Boo-hoo, your highest rating was 1750 back in cata so you don't know jack shit. Think that covers it.

Nah, sorry, not looking forward to be armory bashed.

Boo-hoo, you don't have an arena team. Boo-hoo, your highest rating was 1750 back in cata so you don't know jack shit. Think that covers it.
    Probably someone in greens and blues which anyone with gear will destroy in secs. I've been gearing my holy pally this week and 90% of bg's are people in terrible gear. Something to keep in mind is that top gear players vs top geared players gemming full res with no heals around can kill one another in 5-7secs. What do think happens to undergeared vs them? Burst dmg in this game is broken from almost every class and they just nerfed res so have fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Probably someone in greens and blues which anyone with gear will destroy in secs. I've been gearing my holy pally this week and 90% of bg's are people in terrible gear. Something to keep in mind is that top gear players vs top geared players gemming full res with no heals around can kill one another in 5-7secs. What do think happens to undergeared vs them? Burst dmg in this game is broken from almost every class and they just nerfed res so have fun.
    Yes, I could definitely have 66% resilience in greens, as I have said in the OP.

Best counter would be to pop that trinket immediately and RoP yourself, then run like a little girl. Though with a 3 second window, you're gonna have to be quick. Stick with teammates if you don't wanna get gibbed, it's all about teamwork anyways.

Atm in battlegrounds game isn't really balanced around 1vRogue.

Rogues are still bad(aren't as good as before).

PS: In before
    L2p
    Lol 1v1
    Rogues are fine
    But I can't kill warriors, boo-hoo
    You missed Butthurt

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    One time while questing on thunder isle I got killed by a rogue. Had six mobs on me or it wouldn't of happened.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.