Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What the...

Don't ever trinket a Cheap Shot. Save it for Kidney...

If you're dead inside CS you need better gear.
    CS lasts 5 seconds, the follow up kidney will last 3 after DR, if you even end up getting kidneyed, which those CPs will most likely go into an eviscerate to, oh you know, kill you.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, the Arena-is-the-accurate-representation graph.

Everytime I read stuff, someone whips out the Arena Card. A class could one shot 25 man raid bosses, solo AV, and SOMEONE SOMEWHERE will whip out Arena stats showing that class at the bottom so obviously they are broken.

I've got 8 90's several PVE geared, 1 PVP geared rogue (working on my Monk now) and never set foot in an Arena my entire 8 yrs playing (I know I know, arena's haven't been around for 8 yrs)

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    Just get the fuck out rogue.

Just seriously get the fuck out. Of COURSE a rogue defends Shuriken Toss

I don't care if I get an infraction mods. More than worth it. Seriously fuck rogues and fuck you
    Thanks. You didn't get my point because it seems you're an idiot.

I said it because of the "I cannot kite rogue anymore", so you think "kiting a class FOREVER" is a balance? If you think so then you should stop play this game and maybe try Tetris or Mario because this game require something more than just facerolling you keyboard.

Infracted. Flaming is not tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-17 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    What I think is funny from a logical standpoint is that people whipping out the arena card purely think in absolute terms and not in relative ones. The fact rogues move up in arena considering they were buffed for being low pop means people are willing to play rogue now more than they were before, It says nothing about opness but does indicate relative strength.

But simply but as a melee all you have to deal with is stuns, as a caster rogues are just more or less impossible to really counter, I play wlock( CB issues aside) and a rogue with the same gear burns through his cd's and revanishes reopens and by then he just coses and finishes me off unless hes really really shit. this is 1v1 but it is somewhat indicative of how things are in arena. There needs to be a tweak, just removing prep and decreasing st range would be enough, their dmg is fine though

Deleted
    Get mine advise make a rogue play with him abit learn his weak points and counter it.Ofc there will be always good players but in random Bgs they arent that much.
    Only bad thing atm is that lv 90 talent which cause some problems when i want to gtfo from him.But in most cases when i playing with melee even with hunter i dint have any problems to counter some rogue brust aka to not allow him to kill me in first 5-10 seconds.Casters are bit problem coz of stupid silence ...

Zaxio, hunters are 1v1 kings. The only class that stands a chance against a hunter 1v1 is a warlock. And you hard counter rogues. Other classes don't have it so easy. In fact, other classes get shat on by rogues because rogues are right behind you in the 1v1 department.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Had T2 full resi gemmed tanks with less than 3 stacks drop in a smokebomb to a rogue alone. It took the rogue less than 5 seconds to kill a fully geared tank, that shouldn't happen.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Thanks. You didn't get my point because it seems you're an idiot.

I said it because of the "I cannot kite rogue anymore", so you think "kiting a class FOREVER" is a balance? If you think so then you should stop play this game and maybe try Tetris or Mario because this game require something more than just facerolling you keyboard.

Infracted. Flaming is not tolerated here
    Kiting a rogue should be possible, but should be counterable too. You can use sprint, clos, shadowstep, vanish, etc to reset the gap between the attacked and the rogue, as it was since forever. It gave the attacked a time, to heal himself or cc / counter the rogue, that was the point. Right now, the shuriken toss make it that rogue do insane dmg from range for literally free without cd.

You are right, no class should be able to kite another class forever, but no class should be able to free ranged dps on global cd as rogues do now.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Ventolin View Post
    Rogues have become absurd.

Become? apparently you skipped the last 7 years of pvp.....rogues have ALWAYS been Blizzards little golden child for pvp..hell, i'd be willing to bet 3/4 of rogues rolled only because it was an easy way to be cheap bastards in pvp....

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Monks are complaining about Rogues in 5.2? Amusing...
    I've got to ask, why did you not trinket and pop Ring of Peace, which makes him useless for eight seconds? Personally playing a Sub Rogue, Frost Mage, Arms Warrior, Ret Paladin and Destro Lock at 90 in Random BGs and 2s Monks appear to me to be the most terrifying things I can face from current experience (Excluding healers). They have Ring of Peace, making you useless if stuck in side it, Touch of Karma, and nightmare for a Warrior, Rogue or Lock, Fists of Fury, an untrinketable stun, Paralysis and Grapple Weapon. Do you really need any other abilities to control someone in PVP? Unless the Monk is stupidly undergeared/daft, I expect one to fairly easily beat my warrior, because it has nothing that can really counter a Monk.

Rogues are good yes, but Shuriken Toss should not trigger auto attacks or cost as little as it does (20 Energy with 130/150 maximum in PVP depending on Spec). Didn't know about this deadly throw thing, will have to check it out, but it sounds daft.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Kiting a rogue should be possible, but should be counterable too. You can use sprint, clos, shadowstep, vanish, etc to reset the gap between the attacked and the rogue, as it was since forever. It gave the attacked a time, to heal himself or cc / counter the rogue, that was the point. Right now, the shuriken toss make it that rogue do insane dmg from range for literally free without cd.

You are right, no class should be able to kite another class forever, but no class should be able to free ranged dps on global cd as rogues do now.
    Completely agree. While its not the same amount of damage they can do in melee, its is awfully close to it. Its too much range damage for a class that is meant to be in melee.

I'd fight a Rogue over an Spriest, a DK or a Mage this patch anyday. So tired of facing godcomps 2 games out of 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagina View Post
    Had T2 full resi gemmed tanks with less than 3 stacks drop in a smokebomb to a rogue alone. It took the rogue less than 5 seconds to kill a fully geared tank, that shouldn't happen.
    That was not even possible with legendary and pve geared rogues in cata. You should get a tank that knows how to push buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I'd fight a Rogue over an Spriest, a DK or a Mage this patch anyday. So tired of facing godcomps 2 games out of 3.
    both dps should be targetting the DK. His survival is absolute shit. Stop being bad.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    That was not even possible with legendary and pve geared rogues in cata. You should get a tank that knows how to push buttons.
    Yeah... I'll agree with this. It didn't happen, or your warrior should learn to leap out of a smoke bomb (what, I should get out of something that breaks LoS?!)

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    both dps should be targetting the DK. His survival is absolute shit. Stop being bad.
    What? How so? Conversion Blood presence is pretty ridiculous and Asphyxiate is a 30 second CD. While stunned for 6 seconds the DK just healed for 18% of his health.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Yeah... I'll agree with this. It didn't happen, or your warrior should learn to leap out of a smoke bomb (what, I should get out of something that breaks LoS?!)

What? How so? Conversion Blood presence is pretty ridiculous and Asphyxiate is a 30 second CD. While stunned for 6 seconds the DK just healed for 18% of his health.
    I agree Conversion/Blood presence is pretty solid esp with higher resil they are pretty decent.

You haven't faced an half decent (read glad material) smokebomb cleave or shadowcleave yet, have you? Besides you can sit in blood presence all day and pop conversion when focused.

And i Sacrifice dps to do conversion, I sacrifice any form of mobility/snare to stay on target for asphyxiate, For unholy it's not a Terrible choice, for frost it's utter shit imo
    Last edited by valliant13; 2013-03-18 at 12:55 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    And i Sacrifice dps to do conversion, I sacrifice any form of mobility/snare to stay on target for asphyxiate, For unholy it's not a Terrible choice, for frost it's utter shit imo
    Everyone sacrifices something to stay alive. Stop complaining. Some CAN'T sacrifice anything to stay alive. Lower damage is better than being dead.

Everyone sacrifices something to stay alive. Stop complaining. Some CAN'T sacrifice anything to stay alive. Lower damage is better than being dead.
    Your ignorance is amazing. I was answering his question on how I thought a dk's survival was shit. I answered did I not? I didn't whine when I answered it. I simply stated why i think dk's were easy to take down. Also mages don't sacrifice shit to live and neither do rogues at the moment. A good one will keep you completely locked down and burst you through your cool downs. The point of this thread is that rogues are absurd and so far that statement is true.