Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    If that was the case, the global representation would go up, not the representation above 2.2k

Since I don't think you fully understand how it all works, I'll explain it.

The global representation shows what percentage of the total player base are playing a certain class, regardless of rating. A 10% global warrior representation would mean, that of all arena players, regardless of rating, 10% are warriors.
    The representation above 2.2k shows what percentage of the total player base above 2.2k are playing a certain class. A 20% representation above 2.2k for warriors would mean, that of all players above 2.2k, 20% are warriors.

What shows the class balance is the difference between 2.2k rep and global rep. In a perfectly balanced world, the global and 2.2k rep should be equal, however, a 10% difference between those numbers is acceptable. In case of my warrior example, if the global rep is 10%, the 2.2k rep should be between 9% and 11%. At greater differences, you can really speak of balance issues.

Now of course, the strength of other classes influences these numbers, nonetheless, knowing how to use representation numbers gives a really good idea of how balance is.

Rogues are doing well if you take a closer look, it's just assassination and combat being trash that keeps the rogue rep so low.
    That makes a lot more sense regarding distribution... and at first glance of our early season it does make it look like subtlety Rogues are overtuned.

Honestly though, the changes were mostly quality of life/control... if rogues are overpowered this season then it's because Blizzard are retards about balancing their damage formulas. I.e. our "scaling" which has normally caused us to be bad early in an expansion but very good at end. Why can't blizzard figure this out? Make it so that the scale is more even so we're not super weak early in, nor super powerful late expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Honestly though, the changes were mostly quality of life/control... if rogues are overpowered this season then it's because Blizzard are retards about balancing their damage formulas. I.e. our "scaling" which has normally caused us to be bad early in an expansion but very good at end. Why can't blizzard figure this out? Make it so that the scale is more even so we're not super weak early in, nor super powerful late expansion.
    I'd say it's better to fix scaling patch per patch, trying to keep all classes about equally balanced. However, blizzard has proven multiple times, and now as well, that they have little clue of what needs fixing and what doesn't.
    Too often I find myself asking: Why are you changing that?, whenever I see ptr/patch notes. And I know several of those changes are just for PvE, but nonetheless, they fuck up PvP. And it's not just for rogues, it's for most classes.

That being said, i'm not sure if I've mentioned it already, but I think rogues need to be toned down by a little. Especially ST needs a nerf, it simply does way to much damage for being a ranged filled spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    However, if the warrior representation is 20% above 2.2k while they only have a global representation of 10% and a rogue is sitting on 1% with a global representation of 5%, you know rogues are in a terrible state and warriors are overpowered.
    ( I just made up these numbers now, but they shouldn't be off too much).

While a representation alone doesn't say anything, comparing the representation above a certain rating to the global representation of that class does.
    All that it really says is that Warriors are easier to pilot to 2.2k than rogues. It really doesn't mean that rogues are bad in any way, and to be brutally honest, they weren't. Warriors were just so derpy faceroll OP that everyone who wanted easy arena ratings rolled one. Why would anyone besides the most hardcore rogue fans continue playing something that's more challenging to be successful with?

Plus there's the whole fact that in Season 12 rogues were heavily countered by warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

Little bit

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=10 premeditation, garrote,
    shadow dance, cheap shot, vanish, eviscerate,
    marked for death, eviscerate