Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valium104 View Post
    To me, they should make disc all about absorbs, and holy all about heals.
    And sarcasm should be all about jokes. If you cannot heal up a player you are quite useless. Decimate comes to my mind for instance, absorbs being 120% neglected.

Deleted
    You should be thankful. Without this change discipline would be completely no viable. You would have to gear for crit, since mastery is rubbish and then in those high damage phases you would be in real shit because your PoH would hit for nothing without a crit. Without that change disc would not be a viable spec at all, particular the change for PWS to scale with crit was essential.

This change allows us to gear for balanced mastery and crit and get both an increase in our non-crit healing, which is always reliable and on top of that

The change took the healing away from the crits, most of which was going into overheal anyway and rolled it into non crit healing.

Anyone complaining that don't have good aoe HPS. That is the reality of life for disc. Get used to it, you don't have much aoe healing and PoH is your lowest prio aoe heal. If you are using PoH a lot you are playing the wrong spec.

Megaera is a niche fight for discipline, because there is 20s of brutal damage and 1 minute of trivial damage. All you do is smite while the two heads are active, then blow archangel with spirit shell just as a head is about to die, spirit shell everyone, roll some PWS, throw in a PoM and once the damage starts go to town with penance, cascade, PoM and binding heal and PoH if none of the above are usable. Atonement after that again to get your mana back up for the next phase, keeping a PoM active on the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Valium104 View Post
    To me, they should make disc all about absorbs, and holy all about heals.
    ICC says hi. Where every group, both 10 and 25, was balanced around the presence of a Discipline Priest absorbing each and every single thing. Damage was tuned to overcome that absorb, and so if you didn't have it, health was dropping quite a lot faster than other heal comps were generally suited to dealing with and had to work much harder than just Disc+X.

Discipline should not be "all about absorbs", hell look at the complete pile of crap that is Spirit Shell balancing and how much of a problem it's creating when it comes to encounter design as well. This is not good design. And continuing to parrot off like it should be is not only misinformed, but it's really downright ignorant in how wrong it is.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Tbh there is nothing wrong about having lots of absorbs. The main thing about balancing them is how big a stack your can make. Personally I think spirit shell should be a mode (off the GCD) with -25% healing -25% mana, rather than a cooldown and the stack size should be determined by the last heal. I.e. if you cast a spirit shell with a gheal the cap would be 2x the gheal size, if then cast a PoH on top of that it should add nothing (but it shouldn't reduce it), because PoH has a much lower cap, which you have already exceeded. That means you can build max 80k stack with PoH and pretty much every spell will absorb less than a PWS. That way spirit shell works out as a low damage mana conservation CD and as a pre-shielding mechanism without being too OP.

To boost disc healing just buff borrowed time a LOT. That way weaving PWS into the rotation becomes important for max HPS. Make it give 25% haste and same mechanics as now except all casts more than 2.5s become 1.5s instead and PoH becomes instant.

I think it will make discipline have a very different flavour and strong absorbs without being OP.

Deleted
    Plenty of fights in ToT that have consistent raid damage. Stop whining about not being top healer for little skill.

Totally agree thinking about trying holy.

Prayer of Healing bounces off one person in the group to hit the other 4 people in a range of 30 yrds

We used to have a hot with the glyph that would let you know your PoH hit the whole group or who it didn't hit.

When the glyph was taken away i used divine aegis to let me know who it hit. Who was in range. On a boss fight like Elegon i had to position myself and sometimes move to hit all the people on my side by bouncing it off myself. There are many fights that have range issues with PoH. It was nice to have a clear indicator especially when damage got heavy and group healing is a dire need.

I would be happy for them to nerf PoH if i just had a indicator of who i might have missed with my heal.
    I never liked being so OP the other healers in the group feel outshined. I like when the proud moments get tossed around the team.

I understand the value of RnG with critical's in the game. I don't like to heal blindly though. I only hope they nerf PoH at this point take away the root of all this evil spirit shell (even though i love it at times ) bring back some of the synergy of being a disc priest. I don't like the push towards us being a tank healer again. I will heal you all till it hurts. Don't design me to sit on 1 to 2 people.

I have to dps to pop my wings ...
    The gcd after a pws i have to cast to get my haste buff and to get my rapture ... sigh that gcd is the gcd of eternity with our haste being so low and worth so little.
    The glyph of penance, our damage reduction glyphs ( Inner Fire related ) defy all reason.
    Renew and Disc need to get together and i will let your mind run with that one. love sweet ... whoa getting distracted.

I still really miss that hot on my PoH.
    Being in a 10 man guild i cant see my reactions with the buttons i push having changed all that much with all the changes. sigh ... please fix PoH somehow someway.

IF still makes all the flash heals during the aura mastery effect crit btw.. abuse it while you can lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotasianchick View Post
    I would be happy for them to nerf PoH if i just had a indicator of who i might have missed with my heal.
    This sounds like something we could make with an addon.

There are addons for addons that are *AOE ADVICE* where it tells you what the most beneficial target of your aoe healing is.

Vuhdoo/grid both do these

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    There are addons for addons that are *AOE ADVICE* where it tells you what the most beneficial target of your aoe healing is.

What's the Grid module called?

Grid AOE Advice i believe

10+ Year Old Account
    Grid AOE Advice i believe
    Here's hoping it's compatible. I'm still using the Grid from during ICC. I've been updating it myself ever since it was slow to update for 4.0. It still works with GridStatusDungeonRoles, and GridAurasExt, so there's hope. Anyway, thanks!

I use grid and the advice is nice (i have not tried that module and i will today) but its on the front end. Both the hot from the long gone glyph and Divine Aegis was the confirmation. Which can decide how you spend the next 1.5 to 2 seconds in a very high damage fight moment.
    The blue collar priest in me can keep mashing buttons and make it happen. The Mathematician white collar artist in me likes to dance the buttons with no questions being unanswered. Ugh that sentence made me ill...
    I really don't want to add a bunch of new stuff to my grid but will try that and i have another idea if i can have a indicator of healing received by only me i might go that direction but yeah i need to figure it out fast.
    Boo to these type of changes.