Totos 25man help

I'm not sure if its just that our dps sucks but we have trouble killing adds fast enough to get any time on the boss.

We're running 5 healers. What we do is have melee and ranged focus the first 2 turtles and can generally get them down before the bats come out, then melee gets on the bats and ranged on the last turtle. We knock a turtle into the boss to stop breath and hit the bats as well for the dmg debuff. And can generally kill the first set of bats just before he stomps. But then the next set of turtles comes out and then the next set of bats and we just tend to fall behind.

These are our logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cwh3yf4pn1yjndmq/ http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4i36pgaxvjccn3bx/

Any advice on what to do differently?

10+ Year Old Account
    just some general tips:

turtles can be slowed which makes them much easier to kill
    turtles can be hit by kicked turtles. we were kicking as soon as call of tortos went out hitting the bats + turtles+ tortos. the dmg buff really helps in getting them down
    use all of your surplus turtles, just always make sure you have 1 up for the breath.
    we had a healer doing the kicking as the stomp seemed to be the only dangerous thing for heals, and it gave more time for the dps to do their job.

good luck

They only part of that we aren't doing is hitting the whirl turtles with the shell when they come out. I'll try that the next time we raid.

Deleted
    Why do you use melee to get the turtles down? Don't you lose alot of potential dps with having melee constantly getting throw up in the air?

We weren't killing the first turtle fast enough to beat the breath.

What's your raid comp in terms of melee vs ranged? We actually 7 healed it last night because DPS didn't seem to be an issue except on the very first turtle shell. This makes the Stomps much easier to heal through, and gave us a few more CDs.

Assuming your have at least 8 ranged, you should easily be able to kill the first turtle in time to interrupt breath. Here's some tips to make it easier:

-Make sure you have someone marking the first turtle to kill. You need your first turtle dead ASAP or it's going to be a wipe.
    -Pop CDs to kill the first turtle. All ranged should pop personal CDs to make sure it dies in time, and use raid buffs like Skull Banner and Stormlash totem to maximize DPS. There's really no enrage to worry about, so getting through the first turtle is a fine time to pop CDs. They'll be back up later when you have almost 100% shell uptime on the boss. (Melee can help on the first turtle, especially DKs who can get slows and diseases up, I wouldn't have them focus on turtles unless you're way behind though)
    -Turtles do fixate on raid members when they are spinning, so make sure nobody is standing in the back of the room. This can make it much harder for the raid to DPS the first shell, and it also makes it take longer to get to the boss for an interrupt. Yell at everyone to run FORWARD to avoid turtles for the first set.
    -Once you get that first wave of turtles down, the rest of the fight is just killing adds and surviving the stomps. Your boss DPS will come from controlling the adds properly. Make sure your bat tank stands them on the boss so cleave damage can hit both, and your shell kicker can hit the bats and the boss (and turtles) to make everything die faster.
    Last edited by Xingua; 2013-03-08 at 07:52 PM.

Once you get past the first round of adds, its all about ranged nuking turtles, melee nuking the bats, and kicking turtles through the bats and also onto the boss. DPS need to DoT boss constantly and switch during the few seconds of free time that they have here and there. Once you get the boss to around 100 million health left, you should bloodlust burn the boss down and ignore any turtles and bats that are alive. Keep kicking turtles at the boss to keep the damage buff on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gyver View Post
    I'm not sure if its just that our dps sucks but we have trouble killing adds fast enough to get any time on the boss.

We're running 5 healers. What we do is have melee and ranged focus the first 2 turtles and can generally get them down before the bats come out, then melee gets on the bats and ranged on the last turtle. We knock a turtle into the boss to stop breath and hit the bats as well for the dmg debuff. And can generally kill the first set of bats just before he stomps. But then the next set of turtles comes out and then the next set of bats and we just tend to fall behind.

These are our logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cwh3yf4pn1yjndmq/ http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4i36pgaxvjccn3bx/

Any advice on what to do differently?
    Here is your problem

SPELL : Drain the Weak

Your off tank isn't toped and bats heals for 35mln on 2 min pulls, what means that in normal kills it will be about 100-120mln hp more to dps... It's way better to take 6 or even 7 healers and hold off tank on 100% for the whole fight (2 pala only on him and 2 other healers help on crush)
    Last edited by mmocef085f1823; 2013-03-08 at 08:50 PM.

Deleted
    I heard you can slow the turtles but not sure what slows work and what do not.

What is melee's role on this fight? Killing bats? I'm doing this in 25 tonight. Should all melee be on bats? Should some be on turtles? A bit confused as to what melee need to do here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    What is melee's role on this fight? Killing bats? I'm doing this in 25 tonight. Should all melee be on bats? Should some be on turtles? A bit confused as to what melee need to do here.
    Generally priority looks like this:

melee:
    (No shells ready for kick) Turtles > Bats > Boss
    (spare shells ready) Bats > Boss

Basically at the beginning you'll probably need to help get that first turtle down. AOE slows work (i use earthbind) and a warlock can soulburn CoEx if necessary. From that point on you should have enough shells sitting around to just let the ranged deal with whirl turtles. OT should tank bats right by the boss where the turtles come out so you can 1. cleave the boss with the bats, and 2. hit the bats, whirl turtles, and boss with shell kick at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    5When the whirl turtles came out we'd have melee help long enough to get the first one down, ranged finished off the others. The off tank would bring bats right next to boss so the melee could cleave. Just don't let that tank fall below the 350k otherwise the bats' melee heal them and you'll be wasting time. Like people have said, hitting the next set of turtles and/or bats with a shell helps immensely! Just keep those whirl turtles slowed
    Last edited by Lumiair; 2013-03-14 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Derp

Did you even read the thread title?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Did you even read the thread title?
    Sure did, work is keeping me distracted. I'll just edit that there. . .