Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Yes look at the graph I posted a few posts ago....over 6050 haste and it loses its effectivness due to lava burst GCD locking after that...however there are a couple of breakpoints past 6050 where it would be a tiny gain to reforge more haste but ONLY if you can get there.

    And just to keep the trolls at bay, this is assuming EB/EOTE as your talents

    And Eurionmel I ran simcraft for briteleaf last night as hes using my talent setup, and the results were consistent with my findings earlier. He can see a 400 dps gain by reforging down to 7600 haste. Ill post the graph when I get home from work

  2. #42
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendori View Post
    Yes look at the graph I posted a few posts ago....over 6050 haste and it loses its effectivness due to lava burst GCD locking after that...however there are a couple of breakpoints past 6050 where it would be a tiny gain to reforge more haste but ONLY if you can get there.

    And just to keep the trolls at bay, this is assuming EB/EOTE as your talents

    And Eurionmel I ran simcraft for briteleaf last night as hes using my talent setup, and the results were consistent with my findings earlier. He can see a 400 dps gain by reforging down to 7600 haste. Ill post the graph when I get home from work
    Huh. Well, there you go then. Definitely not what I expected, but it's good to know. If they're that consistent, Endus and Blink might want to add the breakpoints to their sticky.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  3. #43
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    21,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Huh. Well, there you go then. Definitely not what I expected, but it's good to know. If they're that consistent, Endus and Blink might want to add the breakpoints to their sticky.
    We're working on the 5.2 update as we speak, though given the pace of simulationcraft development, we've just been running the numbers the last few days and these things take a bit of time

    It's one thing to get preliminary data, it's another to run thorough tests with the confirmed info to be sure.

  4. #44
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    We're working on the 5.2 update as we speak, though given the pace of simulationcraft development, we've just been running the numbers the last few days and these things take a bit of time

    It's one thing to get preliminary data, it's another to run thorough tests with the confirmed info to be sure.
    Yep. Agree 100%. I'll be looking forward to reading the 5.2 updates.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  5. #45
    Interesting findings here. Looks like I'll need to re-download Simcraft again. Right now I sit around 4800 haste but just over 9k mastery (501 ilvl). Had to go back to help gear a new raider via Terrace and ended up with the Sha trinket and was debating pairing it with the new rep trinket to see how well that simmed out, but looking at some of the numbers posted, I would be better off with re-equipping my Relic of Yu'lon over the sha trinket.

  6. #46
    With the trinket Hotfixes, this may have affected stat weights and breakpoints, i've been rather busy lately, but Ill simcraft up some more neat graphs when I get a few hours to spare =)

  7. #47
    can you guys tell me where it shows the stat weights after importing and simulcafting? it is a pretty big chart and i cant seem to locate where it states your stat weights.

    edit nvm, figured it out


    int - 4.25
    crit - 1.74
    haste - 1.68
    mastery - 1.57

    this was with PE and EM
    Last edited by orderschvank; 2013-03-16 at 10:33 PM.

  8. #48
    I run some simcraft simulation (newest version, dl at 17.03.2013). I was initially not reforging haste/mastery to each other cause i was thinking about them pretty equal. I found that mastery is better stat (I use EM/EB build). Here are my results at 501 ilvl :

    DPS : 106658.7
    MASTERY :1.57
    CRIT : 1.46
    HASTE : 1.22

    I'm using both trinkets from Sha (LFR) and Shado-Pan thus I'm haste capped on first ascendance and haste is really low. But what is worth mentioned - even though stats are pretty scattered DPS overall through different reforges/build varied only +- 1k

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudko View Post
    I run some simcraft simulation (newest version, dl at 17.03.2013). I was initially not reforging haste/mastery to each other cause i was thinking about them pretty equal. I found that mastery is better stat (I use EM/EB build). Here are my results at 501 ilvl :

    DPS : 106658.7
    MASTERY :1.57
    CRIT : 1.46
    HASTE : 1.22

    I'm using both trinkets from Sha (LFR) and Shado-Pan thus I'm haste capped on first ascendance and haste is really low. But what is worth mentioned - even though stats are pretty scattered DPS overall through different reforges/build varied only +- 1k
    How much total haste do you have now? This matters because there are a couple breakpoints where if you go between haste loses some value in relation to mastery.....if you feel like it first though....reforge to 6050 haste and put the rest in mastery and run simcraft again and see what you get.

  10. #50
    Now I've got 3876 Haste Rating / 9374 Mastery Rating. And actually I can't reach 6050 haste even if I fully reforge to it, maybe that blocks my DPS? But dropping haste to Mastery gives me like 7-8% Mastery while losing only ~5% haste...

  11. #51
    Gimme an armory link ill sim your character with full reforge plots... ..at 3700 haste you should still have room to add a lot more

  12. #52
    Dudko at Burning Legion EU, I can't link cause I'm new to this forum

  13. #53
    Dudko I ran your character thru simcraft, and you are actually reforged perfectly for your build. Since your Taking EM, haste is greatly devalued. I would suggest Taking EOTE as it is definitley a dps upgrade over EM

  14. #54
    I am in MV gear 482 level and have more than the 6050 haste. I am wondering as i am gearing (guild is stuck on Elegon) would reforging down to the 6050 break point matter for us leveling folks aka would the stat weights for T15 gear be good for gear dropped in MSV aka t14 or mixed as i tend to be.

  15. #55
    Well thanks, but I'll stick to EM since I like this little control when you have burst instead of RNG passive.

  16. #56
    Keyboard Turner stansunclev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bradford, Ontario
    Posts
    2
    I was wondering if i could get some help with reforging my toon please. I can't link up the armory, work likes to block lots of websites, but it is Stansunclev on the US Lethon server. Thank you for the help!

  17. #57
    Reforged to 6093 haste, 514 iLvL 2PC T15 (head/shoulder)
    10000 iterations, EB/EoTS

    128060 DPS
    Mastery 1.96
    Haste 1.77
    Crit 1.71

    Seems a bit too high for mastery... *shrug*

    on another note, I have legguards of scintillating scales (mastery/crit/blue/red socket) thunderforged but picked up the pants from lei shen, leggings of the violent gale thunderforged (spirit/mastery/3* red socket).

    At this point, the violent gale puts me over hit cap with current gear and i opt to go gem reds instead of purple or spirit socket bonus (belt bifucarted tongue, etc). Would it we wiser using scintillating and opting for the secondaries i'm giving up, or just gemming the pure int? I'm also an orc using fist weapon so that's where I get another 1% hit. Pretty damn over hit cap ATM, and people saying wushooley's is best but that hit will be more unneeded hit.

    Tier pants would probably replace it when I get 4pc w/ gloves, but what about for now?

  18. #58
    Fairly sure Hydra and Cha-Ye's are BiS for trinkets unless that changed. You should also sim the 4pc to see if it's a actual dps upgrade also. I found it to be a dps loss currently.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    As far as haste coming out lower than crit, keep in mind where the recent ele buffs came from. We get increased damage from getting crits, and we got the buff to shamanism, which increased the spell that we cast most often (that isn't already autocrit). Both of these would push the weight for crit higher. The haste stat ends up lower for EB because you guys don't need nearly as much haste as PE users.

    I will say that I'm surprised at how close it was to mastery for you, though. It does make me wonder if something may be wonky in the latest simc. Then again, my weights were almost exactly where I expected. I dunno. :s
    The variance has a lot to do with the simulation doing multiple runs and seeing that say you have attained soo much haste already and or crit/haste depending on gear and item level you'll see shifts because im coming up w/

    Crit - 1.2

    haste - 1.19

    Mastery - 1.13

    However my ilvl is cheeks changing between gear from 463-510~ are Im seeing crazy variance in between 3 runs of each. Which just makes me conclude the same thing that the sim is and that's what you can get matters more than what you can't in the gear you specifically have on as the sim you ran should be about maximizing your character.

  20. #60
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    5
    Hey fellow Shamans, do anyone know of a website to simulate your char? dled the latest simcraft but doesnt seem to work on my grumpie pc? Or if anyone can statweight my char: Eu > Trollbane > Unconnu (can't post links sorry)
    TIA for ur imput

    P.S.: Nvm the gloves logged before got a chance to work on those.
    Last edited by kindredvitae; 2013-03-20 at 03:19 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •