Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    4,982
    Goblins and Worgen can't be monks because of the special animations needed for their abilities; they were new races with very well done models and Blizzard didn't want to have to redo their skeletons to allow the new animations. At least, that's what I remember reading somewhere.

    Orc Paladins would be interesting, with their ties to the ancestors and K'ure.

  2. #22
    Night Elf Paladins would be fun to see. It wouldn't have to be light-wielders either, they could be like Sunwalkers, but using the moonlight of Elune. Tyrande got what was essentially Divine Shield in one of the novels.

    What I want to play, is Draenei Warlock. I honestly don't think it would be that hard to justify. We know warlocks don't have to be evil, and we know the Draenei are good people and shouldn't be that prejudiced. I'm sure with all the bad things that have happened to the Draenei and the Broken and such, someone has turned to fel magic and didn't turn evil from it. I'll settle for Draenei Demon Hunter though. ;P

  3. #23
    I don't think it's hard to justify a Draenei Warlock in the sense of, look, here is a Dranei guy or gal who decided demons weren't all that bad, so went about it. NE warlocks are plausible along the same lines.

    Where you run into problems is how you'd justify Draenei (or NE) NPCs even stomaching interacting with your PC without just breaking the illusion of the story. That's not how those societies roll. I'm guessing that is as much the problem with the Undead Paladin idea as any, where do they fit in with other Forsaken?

    At least with the Night Elf Mage they put in, and I think as would work for the BE Druid, you can identify a corner of their racial society that they fit in with that is tolerated.

  4. #24
    Pretty sure the issue with Goblin and Worgen Monks is that they both have those silly phased starter areas.

  5. #25
    This would be purely out of curiosity to see what the models would look like, but undead druid.
    Raaaa!

  6. #26
    Undead druids would be so cool. I mean druids gotta die too right?

  7. #27
    Unlock everything. No more limits. (Finally no more comparing number of total race combinations between factions - It's not a competition, always hated that argument)

    They need to do what Bioware did with the racial system in TOR. Level cap a character of X race and get access to that race outside of normal class combos. The other option is sell 'exotic race/class combos' as store purchases to make them rare.

    Games need the ability for the players to remain creative, to develop their own stories (in-their-head or written down) that explains why those characters exist. Locking stuff down can keep lore sterilized to one way of thinking about a race but you lose a lot of that RPG class creativity. As a rare class you'd never be canon in the eyes of the strictest of lorehounds but at the end of the day you need to play a character you enjoy.

    Undying Zealot (forsaken paladin) till the day I phase from this existance.
    Last edited by RAZIM; 2013-03-09 at 02:47 AM.

  8. #28
    Bloodsail Admiral Asheriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Goblins and Worgen can't be monks because of the special animations needed for their abilities; they were new races with very well done models and Blizzard didn't want to have to redo their skeletons to allow the new animations. At least, that's what I remember reading somewhere.

    Orc Paladins would be interesting, with their ties to the ancestors and K'ure.
    The monk animations for Worgens and Goblins are actually in the files. You can look at them by using Wow model viewer.



    It looks a bit silly though, but to be fair, most of the monk animations look weird on anything else that is not a pandaren.

    We don't believe in your Horde or your Alliance. We only believe in undeath.

  9. #29
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Undead Paladin - Kinda goes against lore but they can make it work somehow by some explanation that the undead priests have been trying to figure out how this can be done.
    Duh, just put the word "Dark" in the name of every ability and paint them violet instead of yellow - that'll do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Metzenphrenia. As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity." It's symptoms are similar to schizophrenia but even crazier.
    "There are no answers, only choices" - Solaris.

  10. #30
    The Lightbringer Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    3,056
    Personally, I'd like to see the following:

    Gnome Hunter: I have no real problem with this, apart from the whole "they'd look ridiculous" thing. If this happens, I'd like some mechanical beasts to be added to the game, in the same way that several undead beasts became available to tame when Forsaken hunters were introduced.

    Night elf Warlock: Depict them as being rejected by night elf society proper. With the return of the Highborne and Mages, and their presedence for Demon Hunters, I feel like there's probably enough to justify them now. Especially if we have a demon-centric expansion with a clear reason for some night elves to fight green fire with green fire.

    Draenei Warlock: All draenei need not be good, and the Eredar were an iconic warlock race. I'd like there to be some draenei who have fallen to corruption and become warlocks; there have certainly been enough who joined the Twilight Cult and so forth to show that some can be tempted by evil.

    Draenei Druid: If and only if the Druid class is expanded to other races. There are some Lost One druids in Outland, and in terms of physical appearance, the draenei druid forms have a lot of potential to look interesting.

    Undead Paladin: I've always liked the idea of an order of undead paladins emerging within the Forsaken. Naturally, they would need to be exemplary individuals who were extremely righteous in life. I especially like the idea that they would be zealous and masochistic, treating the painful channeling of Holy Light through their undead bodies as a form of penance -- baptism by holy fires. Might be a good fit when Blizzard gets around to advancing the Forsaken storyline.

    Troll Paladin: Not really a serious suggestion, but the existence of troll paladins was already established way back in Classic, with references to the Freethinkers of Zandalar. As the Zandalari storyline progresses, there's some possibility that this could happen.

    Blood elf Druid: How can you say no to this face? There is also some precedence in the Botanica, and there was precedence for high elven druids before retcons changed some of the Quel'thalas backstory. I'd prefer them to have a cavalier attitude towards nature, viewing it as something they can control and manipulate. This would be a good fit if their starting zones are ever updated, with druids working to regrow the Dead Scar.


    Worgen and goblins can't be Monks for lore reasons, which has already been explained by Blizzard. Their starting zones take place before the Cataclysm, before the pandaren emerged in the world and began teaching the races how to be monks. So it would create timeline issues. Goblins have some lore wiggle room, as Bilgewater Port was supposed to be the busiest port in the Great Sea; a traveling pandaren trainer could be integrated. Gilneas, however, was completely closed off before the Cataclysm.

    Worgen also can't be paladins for a similar reason; Gilneans never had any sort of Paladin order, so they naturally didn't have any Paladins.

    Night elf Paladins don't really make sense. It's already been established that the tauren became Paladins specifically because of the shift from moon worship to sun worship. Going back and saying "oh and moon worship is fine too" sort of defeats the whole purpose.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-03-09 at 05:39 AM.

  11. #31
    Tauren Rogue don't seem to unreasonable to me.

    1. The Grimtotems used assassins in the shattering.
    2. Pandaren are rather large as well. Doesn't seem to be too much of a problem.
    3. I'd really enjoy reading peoples rage about it.

  12. #32
    I think, the next step will be - give all classes to all races.
    PurePVE Addon: If Blizzard refuses to solve our problems, we will find solutions by ourselves.
    Sorry for my bad english. My signature.(Warning! 9.6Mb gif animation)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

  13. #33
    I would love to have some undead paladins. I mean goddamn it would be awesome.
    Ultraxion yells: I am the beginning of buttonclickers...the button which blots out my wipe mechanic...the click which tolls my doom...
    Ultraxion yells: For this moment ALONE was I made. Look upon your button, mortals, and click!

  14. #34
    I've wanted a gnome paladin for 8 years now. I would totally come back and start from scratch just for him.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Orc Druids - They can be shamans and master the elements why not? Tauren can do both.

    Undead Paladin - Kinda goes against lore but they can make it work somehow by some explanation that the undead priests have been trying to figure out how this can be done.
    NO Undead Paladins please!!!!

    And yeah. I allready have a hunter, but I like to see a Gnome Hunnters at future expansion.
    Mötley Crüe, KISS, Guns N` Roses

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    NO Undead Paladins please!!!!

    And yeah. I allready have a hunter, but I like to see a Gnome Hunnters at future expansion.
    If Undead can be priests, Undead can (theoretically) become paladins. It would have made more sense than tauren paladins.
    Ultraxion yells: I am the beginning of buttonclickers...the button which blots out my wipe mechanic...the click which tolls my doom...
    Ultraxion yells: For this moment ALONE was I made. Look upon your button, mortals, and click!

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Gnome Hunter - There is no reason why gnomes should not be hunters. Anyone who would raise the "issue" of them being too technologically focused and/or detached from nature should take a look at goblins who can be hunters.
    Gnomes don't 'hunt'. They're too technology-driven and either make robots to hunt, or buy their meat from the dwarves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Human Shaman - Before anyone tries to argue this, they have already been seen in plentiful numbers within the Twilight's Hammer, not to mention there are several independent individuals such as Highlord Demitrian. To add an incentive, adding this as a choice would boost the number of shaman players in the Alliance by a truckload.
    Citing the Twilight Hammer is a bad example as their powers were given to them by either Cho'gall or Deathwing himself, so their power was ill-gained. There are no human that have gained the blessings of the elements to become a shaman. Plus, what you call 'incentive' is a fallacy, as saying it'll 'boost the number of shaman in the alliance by a truckload' is nothing but baseless assumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Goblin & Worgen Monks should be included after MoP as well. They weren't included for what I believe surrounded some concern pertaining to population balance. But after MoP if Blizzard allowed for goblins and worgen to become monks, we won't have to worry nearly as much about too many monks being either of these two races.
    Do you know why those race/class combo do not exist? Because goblins are too greedy. They only do something as long as said thing brings them some form of monetary gain. Monk teachings bring no monetary gain, as, by definition, monks are selfless. So being a monk does not interest them. As for the worgen, they struggle too much with their inner beast and rage to be able to have the proper focus and clarity of mind to be a monk.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 07:11 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shedeo View Post
    If Undead can be priests, Undead can (theoretically) become paladins. It would have made more sense than tauren paladins.
    Undead can be priests because priests have their 'shadow' spec. Lore-wise, all undead priests are shadow priests, but for the sake of not having to butcher a class to make it adapt to the undead, Blizzard opted to let the Forsaken be able to access the 'holy' and 'discipline' specs of the priest class.

    Paladins have no 'shadow' spec, so the Forsaken will never be able to be paladins. And, here, I'm confident enough to say EVER!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Undead can be priests because priests have their 'shadow' spec. Lore-wise, all undead priests are shadow priests, but for the sake of not having to butcher a class to make it adapt to the undead, Blizzard opted to let the Forsaken be able to access the 'holy' and 'discipline' specs of the priest class.

    Paladins have no 'shadow' spec, so the Forsaken will never be able to be paladins. And, here, I'm confident enough to say EVER!
    This is entirely untrue. While I doubt they will ever gain access to paladins, I do suggest you brush up on your lore.
    Ultraxion yells: I am the beginning of buttonclickers...the button which blots out my wipe mechanic...the click which tolls my doom...
    Ultraxion yells: For this moment ALONE was I made. Look upon your button, mortals, and click!

  19. #39
    Goblin Druids

    Well they wouldn't actually be druids, only gameplay wise, but visually they would use shredders. Eg. Shifting to moonkin form turns on shredder's ranged weapons like lasers, rockets and sawblade launcher. Shifting to cat activates your shredder's melee abilities etc.

    This would involve a lot of renaming but I think it could be easily done. Specs could be something like Demolishing (balance), Lumberjack (Feral), Medic (Resto), Protector (Guardian)
    Last edited by Nightvision; 2013-03-09 at 08:19 AM.

  20. #40
    Undead Druids, yes.

    They shape-shift into undead animals. Zombie bear, zombie cat (which we don't have yet, so hey), zombie vulture for flight form... spooky tree form... dead sea cow... yeah, that'd be neat.

    Because death is a part of nature too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •