Unholy runes i'm doing somethin very wrong

How do i convert unholy runes into death runes and are unholy runes only spent on DnD?
    i've read the guiides etc etc but im doin somethin really wrong if i cant figure out what orhow to deal with unholy runes

Deleted
    Posting a bit more info would have been nice!

I'm assuming you're playing DW frost if you're worried about unholy runes, Blood Tap and Plague Leech are good talents for the "conversion" of unholy runes.

After the use of your core abilities you'll have these 2x unholy runes left over, not doing much... You want to spend them on:

1.) Plague Strike, if diseases are close to falling off
    2.) DnD, if it's off cooldown
    3.) Obliterate (gives a 45% chance at a free howling blast anyway, even better if used with a KM proc)

With one unholy rune fully depleted and the other recharging, you can return the depleted unholy rune as a death rune using BT and/or PL - this can then be spent on a Howling Blast or Soul Reaper.

If you're using Runic Empowerment you only ever want to use 1 of the 2 unholy runes you have (same priority list as above). As RE will never return a rune that's not completely diminished - effectively forcing it to return death or frost runes.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-03-08 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Posting a bit more info would have been nice!

I'm assuming you're playing DW frost if you're worried about unholy runes, Blood Tap and Plague Leech are good talents for the "conversion" of unholy runes.

After the use of your core abilities you'll have these 2x unholy runes left over, not doing much... You want to spend them on:

1.) Plague Strike, if diseases are close to falling off
    2.) DnD, if it's off cooldown
    3.) Obliterate (gives a 45% chance at a free howling blast anyway, even better if used with a KM proc)

With one unholy rune fully depleted and the other recharging, you can return the depleted unholy rune as a death rune using BT and/or PL - this can then be spent on a Howling Blast or Soul Reaper.

If you're using Runic Empowerment you only ever want to use 1 of the 2 unholy runes you have (same priority list as above). As RE will never return a rune that's not completely diminished - effectively forcing it to return death or frost runes.
    Yep this is correct. Takes a bit of practice, thank god the Rune System prioritizes single-type runes over Death runes for Plague strike, would be really annoying to waste Death Rune for Plague Strike