Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Enhancement Shamans and 5.2 - Haste Becoming King?

    With the changes to our talents and whatnot (and a lot of peoples' sims showing Haste > Mastery > Crit, at least for me and the other Enhancement Shaman in my raid), what's happening to us?

    Will we be switching to EM and Primal Elementalist? Is sticking to EoE and UF still going to be okay? I haven't been able to copy my Shaman to the PTR for some reason (the character copy is bugged), so I can't test anything out.

    I'm really scared that our playstyle might change in 5.2 and I want someone who does all the maths and stuff to pat me on the back and say "Eat your peas," like everything is going to be okay.

  2. #2
    The Patient Xeonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    330
    I feel like Mastery is going to still be good based on a lot of factors. It just interacts with so many things... I do think that UF will stay perfectly fine but I may switch to Ancestral Swiftness for the 10% melee haste.
    Roboctopus of BIG SUSHI - Area 52
    http://bigsushi.enjin.com/

  3. #3
    Well, looking at the new meta gems one could say that mastery could gain some strength too.

    They are tuning things so all talents are good choices so you can just pick whats right for the job or what you enjoy the most. In my case, elemental blast would have to hit like a truck for me to use, hard casting thing isnt my style.

    Probably secondary stats will stay close to each other and maybe haste will gains some advantage due to all the PPM trinket procs in this tier. But thats just a guess atm, theorycrafting will say later on.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    In my case, elemental blast would have to hit like a truck for me to use, hard casting thing isnt my style.
    You wouldn't hard cast it, as you can use it with 5x maelstrom proccs. And Elemental Blast has a 1\4 chance to procc 2500 agility. It can still procc Mastery, haste & Crit aswell. I don't have any numbers of anything, but I just don't see it comparable with Primal Elementalist and Unleash Fury.

    I can't imagine Primal Elementalist will be better than Unleash Fury in 5.2. Lightning shield proccs are a huge part of our damage. Even though they're buffing Primal Elemntalist to 80% stronger, rather than 50%.

    I think we'll be forced to specc Ancestral swiftness for the 10% haste buff. Any good ideas on what to use the 1.5min cooldown on?
    Last edited by psir; 2013-02-14 at 10:08 PM.

  5. #5
    The Patient Starsinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sask, Canada
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    I think we'll be forced to specc Ancestral swiftness for the 10% haste buff. Any good ideas on what to use the 1.5min cooldown on?
    Maybe healing rain during high raid damage phases? An extra LB during movement? Instant hex in pvp without consuming MW stacks? The 10pct haste probly is makes it worth the semi useful CD. Will have to wait and see i guess.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

  6. #6
    Healing rain and HS would be no good to use NS on, unless you cast it with 5 stacks and the CD takes precedence over the MW. (assuming it doesn't behave like echo procs and ignores the glyph)

  7. #7
    With the swap to primal elementalist and the abundance of new rppm proc mechanics (meta gem + trinkets), chances are pretty good that haste will make up a much larger slice of the pie.

  8. #8
    Is EM still slated to be 90 sec CD? If so, wouldn't that be more viable due to lining up with ascendance?

  9. #9
    The Patient Xeonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    330
    I have no desire in anyway to use Primal Elementalist or Elemental Blast...they are both so boring...
    Roboctopus of BIG SUSHI - Area 52
    http://bigsushi.enjin.com/

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by theCOLORtwelve View Post
    I'm really scared that our playstyle might change
    I really hate to be that guy that comes in and poops in the thread, but I seriously am so annoyed by people like you. You and the people like you who can't imagine changing one freaking button in your rotation are the reason that we're constantly fed band aids throughout an expansion instead of real fixes.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    Is EM still slated to be 90 sec CD? If so, wouldn't that be more viable due to lining up with ascendance?

    It is. I'm still wondering if Berzerking and EM would make glyph of Fire Elemental a better choice because you can line up those 2 with each and every Fire Elemental (and Ascendence) . So it might overcome the loss of Elemental uptime on unfavourable fightlenghts.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    You wouldn't hard cast it, as you can use it with 5x maelstrom proccs.
    If you want to get the most out of 5.2 Elemental Blast, you will have to use it whenever it's off CD - which means that there'll be times when you're casting it with 0 MW stacks. And I'll admit, I am not fond of needing to hard cast on my shammy.

    I'll be sticking to my UF + EotE combo because I like the setup.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM/Surv Gekkani - Disc/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost/Fire Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Demo/Destro Yin - WW

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans Irisel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Swimming in a fish bowl
    Posts
    2,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    If you want to get the most out of 5.2 Elemental Blast, you will have to use it whenever it's off CD - which means that there'll be times when you're casting it with 0 MW stacks.
    It truly baffles me that they don't split talents for Shaman like they do the other hybrids. Shadow Priests and Boomkin have COMPLETELY different talents, under the same name, yet us Shaman have to conform to the exact same talents no matter what spec. It's really weird. I wonder who's the hardheaded one over at Blizzard who thinks it should be this way. I see no reason why EB can't be baseline instant for Enh...

    Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    It truly baffles me that they don't split talents for Shaman like they do the other hybrids. Shadow Priests and Boomkin have COMPLETELY different talents, under the same name, yet us Shaman have to conform to the exact same talents no matter what spec. It's really weird. I wonder who's the hardheaded one over at Blizzard who thinks it should be this way. I see no reason why EB can't be baseline instant for Enh...
    This is just not true, just in 5.2 they are changing 3 talents to give diferent things for each spec, we just don't need to have the effect exclusive for spec, just see melee haste on ancestral swiftness, agility in elemental blast and lava burst bonus on unleash fury with flametongue.

    And hardasting to improve DPS is a designed choice for enhancement even with you don't take Elemental Blast, as it's more dps to cast lightning bolt with less than 5MW.
    Everything that is, is alive.

    Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    ...And hardasting to improve DPS is a designed choice for enhancement even with you don't take Elemental Blast, as it's more dps to cast lightning bolt with less than 5MW.
    While this is true, I disagree with GC that it's right for us. I think it's a design flaw actually, we're melee spell users instead of melee casters. The reason they like it is because they know we have a gap in our rotation where it's ok to cast. But that's my point, when we're casting, we're not swinging. So we lose the primary ability of our spec when we do have cast time. If you RP it a little, it's not efficient for us to stop swinging to cast and building mw stacks is kind of like an internal enrage of power to unleash an instant nature ability. Would you cast a full LB if you were at 0 stacks? If you would, you should run elemental. I hope people are seeing the point here, and I find it ironic we're in the 'physical dps' category, which implies melee. We've always used LB as a proc as it makes sense to what we do. One way to remedy this is to reduce the cd on ES to 3/4 secs, giving us additional actions and letting us keep swinging. Or allow fire nova to dmg the target the FS is on, putting it into our rotation. Dmg can easily be tweaked one way or another if needed. Ultimately the point is it GC/Blizz is missing the boat on what the spec is about, which is sad because they created the damn thing.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeague View Post
    While this is true, I disagree with GC that it's right for us. I think it's a design flaw actually, we're melee spell users instead of melee casters. The reason they like it is because they know we have a gap in our rotation where it's ok to cast. But that's my point, when we're casting, we're not swinging. So we lose the primary ability of our spec when we do have cast time. If you RP it a little, it's not efficient for us to stop swinging to cast and building mw stacks is kind of like an internal enrage of power to unleash an instant nature ability. Would you cast a full LB if you were at 0 stacks? If you would, you should run elemental. I hope people are seeing the point here, and I find it ironic we're in the 'physical dps' category, which implies melee. We've always used LB as a proc as it makes sense to what we do. One way to remedy this is to reduce the cd on ES to 3/4 secs, giving us additional actions and letting us keep swinging. Or allow fire nova to dmg the target the FS is on, putting it into our rotation. Dmg can easily be tweaked one way or another if needed. Ultimately the point is it GC/Blizz is missing the boat on what the spec is about, which is sad because they created the damn thing.
    Don't get me wrong I don't like hardcasting either, that's why I don't ever use Elemental Blast, I was just saying why it is not instant.
    Everything that is, is alive.

    Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

  17. #17
    Since elemental blast is a talent, would it be favorable to allow us shaman to auto attack while casting the spell? This goes to all spec that takes the talent. They allow hunters to auto shot while casting so it wouldn't be impossible to code.

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    I have no desire in anyway to use Primal Elementalist or Elemental Blast...they are both so boring...
    Well aside from gearing UF and PE play the exact same way right? You only get a better buff from UF.

  19. #19
    The recent sims show haste > crit > mastery, but they're all still within 1% of each other. Haste is pulling ahead primarily because PE is simmed to be the strongest choice of the lvl 90 talents (with UF as the weakest). The new trinkets also use the RealPPM system, which also heavily favors classes that enjoy haste. Ancestral Swiftness holds the highest sustained dps, with EM having a niche in burst, and Echo for AoE.

  20. #20
    As a orc, PE might be the new go to talent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •