Deleted

LF the "easiest" Tank-Class

Hey,

i'm just back from a break since the end of Cataclysm, and i'm a little overwhelmed with the "more Abilities" needing more Keybinds just for the reason of having more abilities...

Could you point me in the direction of the Class thats easier to handle and i won't have to expand my Keybindings...

Thanks

Paladin's always been pretty easy IMO..

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what level you're tanking at. LFR/normals with decent healers, probably blood DK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dk imo, paladin for me was a nightmare going in blind, DK was just dpsing with blood pressence more or less. (was always blood dps spec so when it became the only tanking spec it didn't change much for me ;x )

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Depends on what level you're tanking at.
    This is the key. In my opinion, shield tanks are easier to play at low gear levels. Once you get some gear, I think Blood DKs and Bears are "easier" for Heroic dungeons, LFR, and normals if you're overgeared.

If you're actually looking to get geared up and progress on normal raids, I think paladins will give you the biggest margin for error. You have so many "oh shit" buttons, and your self heals don't require the same precise timing/resource management as DKs. That is, of course, only my opinion. Higher skill will always lead to better tanking, regardless of the class.

And for the love of god, stay away from monks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort459 View Post
    You have so many "oh shit" buttons
    Thanks, but that's just what i don't really want^^

I'm not comfortable to click stuff, and im running out of Keybinds, i really hate it to have keys binded more than once with modifiers like shift/strg...

Well... i'll gonna need to check and level all classes from 85-90 i guess

I think bears, have the least amount of buttons to push. They might not be the easiest class to play, but they have the least buttons imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd57 View Post
    I think bears, have the least amount of buttons to push. They might not be the easiest class to play, but they have the least buttons imo.
    Probably true. If you're looking for fewest button, stay the hell away from DKs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moora View Post
    Hey,

i'm just back from a break since the end of Cataclysm, and i'm a little overwhelmed with the "more Abilities" needing more Keybinds just for the reason of having more abilities...

Could you point me in the direction of the Class thats easier to handle and i won't have to expand my Keybindings...

Thanks
    There's no need to really try all of the tanks yourself to at least narrow it down. Many of us are dedicated tanks who have been doing it for years and play multiple if not all of the tanking classes and can ease your decision in some ways at least.

First off, you're not likely going to be able to base "ease of play" to number of buttons to push. Many of the buttons a class has are hardly ever used in most situations. Each tank has right about the same number of main buttons that they use to do their job and either you have the ability to access all of those quickly, or you simply do not have the same potential that other tanks have.

That said, stay away from monks, and likely DKs. Both of those classes require more management of your active avoidance/mitigation than others. This is likely what you will have trouble with more than anything. Both of these classes have timing as something that has to be managed along with their 2 resources. And the timing is what makes them more complex. This is what makes these more difficult to truly be good at than any of the actual buttons that either has.

Druids and Paladins aren't so severely punished if they miss the timing on getting up their block/dodge ability because of their nature. This would be what I recommend for someone coming back into tanking now. Of the two, my opinion would be to tank as a Bear. They can hold threat with less than a half a dozen buttons in nearly any situation and their defensive CDs are easier to use than those of some other tanks. Most of their skills aren't usable in Bear Form so you wouldn't need to even have them up most of the time. And if all else fails and you're struggling to tank something at some point, its easy to simply go into cat and let someone else handle the tanking if it comes to that.
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast

Druid tanking is super easy. There's some macros in a thread over there where you have one macro you span single target, and another macro you spam AoE and it will be 90% effective. Leaving you with three other buttons: maul, dodge, and heal. Guardian will be the easiest to play with the least active management and buttons imo. Followed by probably paladins.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

I found Paladins to be pretty easy to play.

With Consecrate and holy wrath on a short cooldown, HoTR, etc you can pretty much always have a badass AoE attack on hand. I would avoid Holy Prism, I found it to have issues with ignoring LOS and pulling mobs through walls. (pretty awesome for soloing, though)

You still have a lot of buttons, but I could fit everything needed on ~24 keybinds. (1-6; shift 1-6, naga 1-12, couple misc buttons for mount, raid buffs, etc.)

Basically anything but Monks in my opinion. The other classes can survive you messing up, but missing a few abilities on a monk can mean you die really fast.

Okay read carefully dear,
    Guardian Bear : they use dps abilities to generate rage and spend it to either do more damage or survive big hits, relatively easy to handle as all abilities either cost nothing or rage with a lil cooldown.
    Protection Warrior : Probably the only tank with massive amount of keybinds so stay away from this ( works a bit similar to bears)
    Protection Paladin : The easiest tank ! you dps to build up holy power then spend it to do even more dps or heal yourself , most of your defensive cooldowns cost nothing which makes pallies very easier to handle .They have lot of defensive cooldowns
    Blood Death Knight: if you are casual then a dk could be as easy as a pally, but if you wanna get some good stuff done then a blood dk could be the best tank with their awesome self healing and anti magic cooldowns.Blood dks are very complex if you want to be in control of everything you do. Timing your Death strike is crucial.
    as a blood dk you use Runes to dps and SURVIVE !(unlike other tanks) and then u use Runic power to dps and survive ! which means you need to handle your resources with more care comparing to other tanks ! for instance if you just start dpsing and get ur Runes on cd once you need to Death strike to save yourself but u got no runes then you are screwed.
    ( i know there are other ways or cooldowns you could use to survive instead but as i mentioned before Dks could either be easy tanks or very complex if you want to handle everything and dont rely on RNG)
    BrewMaster Monk: brewmasters are very different than other tanks they have many abilities so u might not like that and they are a very mobile just like warriors.
    What makes Brewmaster not appealing to you i guess is the fact that they have less armor even lower than Blood Dks and they dont get the buff like bears do when they go into bear form. so to survive you got all these different abilities to use instead which makes it very fun to play but not sure will suit you.
    SO WHICH ONE?
    I'd go with a Pally tank if you really dont wanna deal with lots of complex abilities
    best choices = Bears and Protection pally
    PS: All tanks are balanced and they are all amazing and bring some unique stuff to raids its all about how u wanna play them
    Last edited by Raeion; 2013-03-09 at 12:18 AM.
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,