Enhance Primal Elementalist Question

So I'm going to try out EM/PE tonight when we head into ToT

2 Questions

1) Glyph or no? It looks like on my paper math to Glyph it. But I've never been sure on my math. I've seen varying answers to this one.

2) FE replacement or do I use that channel buff? I can't imagine I'd want to use that buff...but since I know next to nothing about the talent and the buff itself, figured better be safe than sorry. I can't seem to find any mention of this one anywhere having me lean toward, just use as the FE replacement.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    So I'm going to try out EM/PE tonight when we head into ToT

2 Questions

1) Glyph or no? It looks like on my paper math to Glyph it. But I've never been sure on my math. I've seen varying answers to this one.

2) FE replacement or do I use that channel buff? I can't imagine I'd want to use that buff...but since I know next to nothing about the talent and the buff itself, figured better be safe than sorry. I can't seem to find any mention of this one anywhere having me lean toward, just use as the FE replacement.

Thanks!
    I wouldn't know about glyph. I think it is more situational then anything. As for the Channel ability do not use it. As Enh FE gives your searing stacks, just like Searing Totem, so once you use the Empower ability you loose the searing stacks. AFAIK it is still a dps loss to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    I wouldn't know about glyph. I think it is more situational then anything. As for the Channel ability do not use it. As Enh FE gives your searing stacks, just like Searing Totem, so once you use the Empower ability you loose the searing stacks. AFAIK it is still a dps loss to use it.
    With Elemental Mastery I would say glyph it, at a 1.5 minute cd EM will always be up for your ele provided you use it on cd. If you happen to be a troll even better, as berserking is 3 minutes, not to mention ascendance.

I macro it all to one button:
    #showtooltip Elemental Mastery
    /cast Elemental Mastery
    /cast Berserking
    /cast Ascendance
    /cast Fire Elemental

So if you Prepot -> StormStrike -> Macro -> Stormblast -> Rest of Rotation at the beginning of the fight then pop the macro on cooldown you will get all of that every 3 minutes and EM every 1.5 minutes. I should note that the inclusion of Fire Elemental on that macro does make it trigger a gcd so make sure you press it after your gcd finishes from StormStrike or remove fire ele from the macro.

As for damage vs channel, the ele will always do more damage even if it didn't stack the vital searing flames buff, especially with all the haste you have with EM popped. The channel is really for rare situations for ele and a reason for resto to take the talent.